Pokemon has so much potential... - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokemon has so much potential...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon has so much potential...

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry-FOXY-Cake View Post
    ROFL!!!!!!
    This is POKEMON okay? It's not serious business.
    Talk to the people who play the metagame.

I'm entitled to my opinion. And in my opinion I think Pokemon could branch off and spawn incredibly successful games if they just try something new.
    Heck yes they could. A fighting game along the lines of Pokemon: Type Wild, maybe a Colosseum sequel, maybe another PMD, maybe some brand new game where you play as the Pokemon instead of the trainer (not like PMD, where you become a Pokemon), maybe an MMORPG Pokemon game, maybe maybe maybe. This list of possibilities is near endless, only excluding a shooting game.

Pokemon Breeder <3

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Talk to the people who play the metagame.

Heck yes they could. A fighting game along the lines of Pokemon: Type Wild, maybe a Colosseum sequel, maybe another PMD, maybe some brand new game where you play as the Pokemon instead of the trainer (not like PMD, where you become a Pokemon), maybe an MMORPG Pokemon game, maybe maybe maybe. This list of possibilities is near endless, only excluding a shooting game.
    Finally someone who's using their brain!
    ^_^

ROFL!!!!!!
    You guys are ridiculous!

No I'm not a Troll. (Even though most of you are nerdraging so bad it seems like you're trolled lol) I think what I've stated in this thread are all FACTS that prove my point that Pokemon has a repetitive formula.

I'm not saying they should never make another game the same way. So calm down lol!!! 80% of you are getting worked up over nothing! This is POKEMON okay? It's not serious business.

I'm entitled to my opinion. And in my opinion I think Pokemon could branch off and spawn incredibly successful games if they just try something new.
    It's nothing to get upset over ^________^;;

-____-;;
    Wow...

So because I find the Pokemon games repetitive, I can't possibly enjoy them? What kind of logic is that? I personally own a copy of every game that's come out...

I just think that Pokemon has so much more potential.
    Why does that make you mad?
    O_o;;

Why is it everyone assumes that I insist Nintendo only make one kind of Pokemon game, and not the other older style.
    Never once did I say that -____-;;
    Considering the money Nintendo makes, I see no reason why they can't make multiple styles of Pokemon games... >_>;;
    i think the main point that you're trying to make that everyone seems to be missing is that you like the way they're doing things now, but there's so much more that they could be doing with the series.

what i understand from what you're saying is that you want them to keep making the main series games, but not make spin-offs like ranger and mystery dungeon, but rather a second type of main series game. like say, for example, an MMORPG. or maybe a game that's almost exactly like the main series ones we have now except with more anime-like battling or something like that. and ways of earning badges just like they do in the anime by solving some kind of puzzle or quest or whatever. and maybe more side missions.

if that is what you're trying to say, i completely agree. if it's not, then that's what i think lol.

edit: i forgot to mention. my ultimate dream come true would be a super smash brothers game where all the characters are pokemon, each with unique moves and playstyles just like the current characters in brawl. now THAT would be a great friggin pokemon game.
    Last edited by Redler13; 28th April 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Blog Entries

Finally someone who's using their brain!
    ^_^

I also think I was the one who suggested the idea of the games being based around sun and moon based teams, with one team out to captue Darkrai and Cresselia and the other out to capture two (maybe one) sun-based Pokemon. :p

Using your brain is fun. Just today I had to help some people on Youtube, even giancarloparimango11, understand what the thing in the picture he wants to discuss about on http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=DJ616PggrM8 is. IT'S A CUE BALL FOR CHRISTS SAKE.

The Dude Abides

I don't think the main series will ever be radically different, though they may make some changes akin to the "special/physical being divorced from type" thing, and some interesting field mechanics (using weather moves to actually manipulate the weather in a route would be amazing, and that's something that wouldn't be difficult to implement, I think).
    But what the OP and a lot of others really want is something more interesting and less formulaic, like Colosseum. Obviously, any Pokemon game with a trainer-centered storyline is going to have some standards, like TMs, leveling up, etc. But a departure further down the direction of where Colosseum and XD were heading would be more than welcome. Those two games had a quest more centered on beating the villains than on becoming a Pokemon Master, though there was ample opportunity for that, too, if you wanted. Something that goes further than Colosseum would involve significant implementation of sandbox elements, allowing greater latitude for exploration, problem solving using Pokemon out of battle, and a richer, more complex storyline. Like, continue the "defeating the insanely evil villains and saving Pokemon" theme, but, you know, add routes and HMs, and don't get stuck in one formula of how things work. I think Nintendo and Game Freak's greatest failure right now is not releasing a Pokemon adventure game for the Wii.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

New ideas for non-standard Pokémon games can be discussed here:

Spinoffs you would like to see return, or new spinoff types.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123