Default Re: Pokemon Game Rituals

Starter's Level=other members' level + 3
    3DS-FC: 0490-4967-8538
    My Safari: Psychic, with Abra, Espurr & Gothorita
    ING: Pablo.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I have this obsession that my team will receive a 'boost in confidence' if they are united under a certain theme, so I always pick my pokemon and give them nicknames so they are all members of a certain theme team.

I also try to get to the next nearest town/city before turning off the game. I almost never save in the middle of a route because I get worried I might forget which way I have to go when I turn it on next time.

Blog Entries

If I try to catch a Pokemon and they break out I scream at them. Also I always save in Pokemon Centers in front of Nurse Joy's counter or the PC.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

I name all dragon types after sweets, because they're kind of scary and whoever expected to fight a dragon named Chocolate? Or Latte? Or some strange thing like that? It's rather funny to hear people's reaction to it too. xD

I always save right after starting a game, and I almost always level my starter to level 10 before fighting the rival (first training you have to fight) the second time. I always do this if playing HS/SS/Silver/Gold/Crystal before fighting Silver. Yes, I'm a little crazy, I know, and I always try to keep all my Pokemon the same level. Usually because it gives variety while training, I guess...maybe. :P

Whenever I'm trying to catch a Pokemon, I hold down A as soon as the Pokeball touches the Pokemon. I talk to all NPCs. I never give my Pokemon nicknames. I buy items so that the total (what I buy + what's in my bag) ends in either 5 or 0. At some point I generally re-arrange my boxes by type so I can find my Pokemon easier (I'll sometimes add in a "Legends" or "Strong" or "Breed" box if I have any left over). And sometimes within those boxes I'll group families. And I give the typed boxes backgrounds that fit the type. xD
    Official claimer of Swirlix, Sweet Veil, and Draining Kiss.
    3DS FC: 1564-2044-7042

If I'm catching Pokemon, I always turn off the sound and look away from. Because looking at the screen/hearing music makes it harder to catch Pokemon apparently.

Enchanting Ruin Maniac GabrielBR's Avatar

I always drive my first Pokémon to the important battles, even if for it just show up, not striking any significant damage... I also always have, everytime, at least 6 Pokéballs (the very basic ones), 6 Super Potions, 2 Revives and 2 Escape Ropes.

I save at every new city, inside the PokéCenter.

_________
    GabrielBR

I buy all my items in increments of 5, never use my max revives or scared ashes, and always save twice on the middle of the pokeball in the pokecenter. Looks like a lot of us Pokemon fans are OCD in some way :P.

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

I used/still do feel as if it's better to save in the Pokemon centre or someones house before I stop playing.

Araragi-hakase Kuvira's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kuvira On Twitter
    Follow Kuvira on Tumblr

I save frequently; not ever in a particular spot, but before and after Gym battles for certain, after a few NPC battles, and before trying to catch legendaries, and sometimes save a couple times after catching them just to make sure I did it.

I used to always want to have a team of all males, and while there are some pokemon that when I have them in mind for my team I prefer them to be male or female, sometimes they're ones that are more difficult to catch so I just have to be happy with what I got. I remember looking for a Drilbur and a Tynamo in Black for FOREVER that I had wanted to be male, but Drilbur were harder to get in that first cave so I just had to deal with the female one, and the I searched for probably at least an hour looking for a Tynamo before I found a female one. I named the Drilbur Roxanne and the Tynamo Nessie and now they are two of my best team members, and helped me beat the Subway Twins even :3 And on that note, I usually name my Pokemon with 'people' names, except for my starter.

And I have a habit of mumbling loving words of encouragement to my pokemon in battles such as "come on you little shit"
    I hear them coming for me, because the top is lonely

You could be king, but watch the queen conquer

When i throw pokéballs i always push these buttons...
    (A + ^ )when the moment i launch the ball then when it closes (a + b + v) . I always did it with all my legendary catches... I caught the thre musketeers (terrakion, virizion, cobalion) with first try using poke balls, dont know why this is effective,,,

Then in pokémon firered i have a pikachu not evolved into raichu (like ash)
    i also collect master balls..
    Last edited by make_it_worse; 31st August 2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

I save like 3 times before a gym, the Elite 4, any significant trainer battle or event, or even in general. I NEVER give my Pokemon nicknames. I never breed Pokemon I plan to use that isn't for trading purposes once I reach past the lvl. 50+ stage with my team.

-I catch all members on my main team with a Poke Ball
    -If I catch/evolve a Pokemon and I have the resources to immediately evolve it, I keep it in its basic stage for a bit until I feel that they're high enough of a level to evolve properly. It lets me bond with little Eevee before it meets its fate as an Eeveelution.
    -Multiple saving
    -Every Pokemon I catch has to be nicknamed. Even if its a dumb one
    -I arrange the move list on a Pokemon by STAB first, other attacks after, then status moves.
    -I raise my team in increments of 2 levels each and train my starter first on each cycle
    -If the Pokemon can be caught in the area I currently am in in another version of the game then I can get it via trading.
    -I generally use one breeded Pokemon each run.
    -Level 50 is the target level for competitive Pokemon I train
    -I always like to keep a balance between physical and special attackers on my team
    -I also try my best to get 3 males and 3 females on each run

"Don't call me that name" TwinLukes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit TwinLukes's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealJDawgz View Post
    -Multiple saving
    -Every Pokemon I catch has to be nicknamed. Even if its a dumb one
    -I arrange the move list on a Pokemon by STAB first, other attacks after, then status moves.
    -I always like to keep a balance between physical and special attackers on my team
    We are on the same f**kin page bro.

Claims: Virizion - 03/08/14, Swords Dance - 03/08/14

Queen of Arendelle 0silverphoenix's Avatar
    Follow 0silverphoenix On Twitter
    Follow 0silverphoenix on Tumblr Visit 0silverphoenix's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    I definitely save twice, or three times, even though I know I have saved previously.

It's more of an OCD kind of thing to be honest.
    I'm exactly like this. I always worry that for some reason the game didn't save properly.

I tend to buy medicines from the Marts in groups of five and I place the moves a Pokémon has in order of power. The one with the highest power goes first and the lowest power(or any status moves) goes last.
    I love all things Disney!!

W2 FC: 0347 7142 8369
    3DS FC: 4682 8523 1396

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast