Pokemon Game Rituals - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Pokemon Game Rituals

Living the Pokemon life. Jenneta's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon Game Rituals

My game rituals are:
    -Whatever gender I'm playing, I somehow always end up using a team almost full of the same gender as my character. There's always only ONE pokemon that's either the opposite gender, or has no gender at all. The only exception for this is my girl in White, Rose. Most of her team is male. XD.
    (But it wouldn't be if the Kami trio weren't so epic. <3)
    -I ALWAYS have to have a female eevee whenever you get one from an NPC or whatever. Always. I do not stand getting a male one, which is why I hated the fact you can only get a male eevee from that storage chic in Castelia City. I was not happy. D:
    -I, like Silverwynde, always feel the need to stand in the middle of the Pokeball in the Pokemon Centers. Drives me nuts if i don't. xD.
    ...And pretty much anything else everybody has listed...I most likely do it too. :D
    Team Gaara and Silverwynde like this.
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth.
    Used to be Dark Type Princess~, now Jenneta and going to keep it that way. :)

Every Pokemon I catch has to be male.
    illust by x

Quote Originally Posted by exordia View Post
    Whenever I'm trying to catch a Pokémon, I tilt my head to the sides, mimicking the Poké Ball's movement, and when the ball's about to play the catch animation, I nod, like I'm telling the ball "Good Job".

And the strange thing is that it always works... well, except when it doesn't. xD
    Oh yeah! I do that too! Ever since my first game, because I thought the gods above would grant me this pokemon if I was synced. Or, you know, something like that. :)
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Blog Entries

Holding Down + B when making a catch. I know it doesn't work but old habits die hard.
    Oh, hell yeah. I tend to count the wobbles as well.

Since I got back into Pokémon with Soul Silver, I've been making my last save (The last one before I turn the DS off) in a Pokémon Centre. I try to stand somewhere out of the way, as if my sprite is somehow an NPC when the game's off

Hunting for Rare Candies Jirachi's Wish's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jirachi's Wish On Twitter

Some of my habits/rituals are:

-Rapidly pressing A during the start up and when catching a Pokemon.

-Never saving with a NPC right behind my character. (I used to think they could steal my items as a kid)

-Buying an even amount of items from Poke Marts, Department Stores, etc.

-Saving before an important battle like a Gym Leader or evil team Boss.

I used to nickname ever single Pokemon I caught or hatched but nowadays I tend to let a few Pokemon go un-nicknamed.
    Jenneta likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

• I always save inside a PokéCenter
    • I always restock on items whenever I reach a new Mart
    • I don't challenge more than 1 Gym a day
    • I don't catch more than one Pokémon I'm planning on using on my team on the same day
    • I'll always have a Water, Fire, Grass and Flying Pokémon on my team

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Gravity View Post
    Holding Down + B when making a catch. I know it doesn't work but old habits die hard.
    I do this too. I know they say it doesn't have any effect, but I remember reading it in the Trainer Guide in Red/Blue (it was a separate magazine) and for me it really does make a difference. Maybe pressing the buttons disrupts the rng algorithm a little or something making it easier to capture.

It's down + B for Poke Ball and Up + B for Ultra Ball, none of the others seem to have it.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always save in the exact center, or as close to the exact center, of the Pokémon Center, and I always save facing forwards.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I definitely save twice, or three times, even though I know I have saved previously.

It's more of an OCD kind of thing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Genwunner View Post
    I do this too. I know they say it doesn't have any effect, but I remember reading it in the Trainer Guide in Red/Blue (it was a separate magazine) and for me it really does make a difference. Maybe pressing the buttons disrupts the rng algorithm a little or something making it easier to capture.

It's down + B for Poke Ball and Up + B for Ultra Ball, none of the others seem to have it.
    Yeah, it does feel like the catch attempt has gotten easier when I see a shake or two more in comparison to doing nothing at all. And Up + B for Ultra Ball...? Tempting. I should give it a try.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2837 9558 6665. Player Name: Valens

3DS FC: 2466 - 3213 - 3790
    Friend Safari: Fairy: Kirlia, Spritzee, Floette

I always save in a Pokémon Center. I got this habit since I played Pokémon Stadium, because it couldn't read your pokémon if you hadn't saved inside a Pokémon Center.
    I don't use to put the starter into the PC until the end of the game. I feel like it will be sad if I do so, since it was by my side since the very beginning. I think I got this habit because of Pokémon Yellow, since Pikachu's happiness dropped if it was put into the PC. It even made a sad cry when you did so.
    Last edited by Swadloon; 30th July 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When my weakest Pokemon faints in a battle (and I'm home alone), I shout at my opponent "HE/SHE WAS JUST A CHILD!" and I send out my strongest Pokemon regardless of type to avenge them.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I always try to save in a Pokemon Center and when I do, I also stand in the middle facing the door. I don't know why I like doing that. I don't challenge more than one Gym a day. The only exception being if I'm already close by to another Gym and I haven't played a lot during the day, but that's pretty rare. Whenever my Pokemon is paralyzed, in love or confused, I encourage it to use a move in order to fight back.

Pokemon stadium taught me to always save in a pokemon center and like many here I face the door standing in the pokeball. RSE bugged me how there was no way to stand in the middle of it. I never trust the game to save right the first time and will always save at least two or thee times before I do, especially after beating a gym or catching/evolving a pokemon.

I always play as the girl and use their official names(I used to use my real name, but it just never felt right).

I only use the water or fire starter(grass has too many weaknesses and types that resist it to rely on it as my ace).

I always use an elemental team(it's just so natural to use).

I always use a pokemon that's almost, but not quite legendary(like Arcanine, Dragonite, Salamence etc.).

I always catch legendary pokemon as a trophy with a special box in my PC for them(I used to try to have the main legendary of each game on my team, but I got sick of it being banned from everything).

I always make sure I have a pokemon that can use Fly and Surf(and have the stats to use them for battle).

I always catch a pokemon that can learn a lot of HMs to use for post-game exploring.

I save constantly out of paranoia from my Red/Blue and Gold/Silver days where the games would usually have corrupted saves that would force me to start all over from my last save.

Uh, I think that's it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast