Pokemon Ethics- Hacking - Page 16

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pokemon Ethics- Hacking

Conformity is Overrated. Phoenix502's Avatar

Visit Phoenix502's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Ethics- Hacking

my reasons for hacking was for the sake of making training go a little faster. in Generation IV I got into the EV training stint and got max vitamins and rare candies to make the whole setting up a team go a LOT faster. and the max TMs helped me set up teams better in the longrun

Generation V averted this for me, TMs are unlimited use, and typical rules follow flat battles in terms of levels, so I hardly care much for hacking anymore...
    Last edited by Phoenix502; 17th December 2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: accidentally posted before finishing

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

I'm sorry for addressing an old post, but I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man with No Name View Post
    Aha, that reminds me of when I bred a blissey so it had all 0s for IVs.
    Pokesav is the most blatant form of cheating. Just because you suck at it doesn't mean that's it's not absolultely wrong.
    I apologize, but this is stupid. It doesn't matter how blatant it is, it's still cheating. If you hacked a "legal" Poke, then does that mean it's not hacked? You come off as contradictory and hypocritical. You say AR isn't wrong, the Pokesaving shouldn't be to you either. You say Pokesaving is wrong, then so should the AR.

If someone pays for a game, it's theirs, and what they do with it is no business of mine. However, I want a legitimate Poke for my legitimate Poke. If I'm going to fight you with my legitimate Pokes, then I expect you to fight with your legitimate Pokes. If you're not, tell me. Anyone has a right to be pissed off if you're beaten because of cheating.

If you're beaten at football because of cheating, you're going to be pissed.
    If you lose a contest because of cheating, you're going to be pissed.
    If you lose a race because of cheating, you're going to be pissed.
    Simple.

Now say Kris' mum is a chef. She's won many competitions. Now, she doesn't care what Gold's mum is doing to her food in her own home, because it's none of her business. Then, they enter the same competition. Kris' mum had been slaving in the kitchen to produce a great meal. Gold's mum, however, uses ingredients banned in the competition to "pack an extra kick." Now, Kris' mum is very angry that her dish is beaten by one that was cheated. Because she has every right to be pissed, yes? It's the same thing in Pokemon. Training and EV training and breeding and ect. are apart of the game. Face it. If they weren't, they wouldn't be in the game at all.

The most I've ever done is walked through walls for laughs, or taken advantage of a glitch with full knowing of possible consequences. That cloning glitch in Emerald is apart of the game, and is Nintendo's/ Game Freak's fault. It is in my game, and not externally added so I'm allowed to use it without calling it cheating. However, if you are using AR/ Pokesav, cheating is cheating, hacking is hacking, no matter what spin you put on it.

Thank you for reading my rant.
    Last edited by Gunaydin; 17th December 2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Stupid typos.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Never hacked a game when I was playing it seriously. I prefer to play the story with only what I've got, whether I complain all the way or not.

I only cheat after I've been through. I don't really consider thouse legendaries useful in anyway cuz they're only additions to the pokedex, and besides, I have my good old team to continue with whatever postgame. I only cheat to see events that are otherwise impossible to see.

Surfing up and down the coast of Cinnabar
    Blog Entries

I never thought I would admit to this, but I guess I am a "reformed" hacker. I'm sorry if this destroys my reputation, since I'm fairly new here and want to make a good impression, but I believe that honesty is most important above all.

So as I may have mentioned, I do not know anyone who likes Pokemon IRL. The only people I have to talk about it with are you guys. Also, living in a remote area of Canada, I never get the opportunity to go to any kind of event. So a few years ago, I thought to myself, is it really fair that I, a loyal loving fan, never gets to take part in enjoying and raising a event only Pokemon? After a long while of thinking, I made the decision to ask for an Action Replay DS for Christmas. I immediately picked up a Shaymin, a Darkrai, I went crazy. And initially, I wasn't doing anything too "wrong" compared to what some people do with ARs. But then I thought, boy, I'd love to have a shiny Pokemon again. I had a shiny Ampharos and Jumpluff in Gold which I missed greatly. So I thought, I encountered them naturally in the past, is it so wrong that I should have them again in Diamond? It all started innocently enough, but the slope was slippery. And finally, I was digging into the deep corners of hacking.

I initially never entered battle with or traded hacked Pokemon, but after facing many people who had done just that, I kind of slipped into the attitude of "everyone does it." Finally, I received my most prized possession, a Suicune, over the GTS for my Entei. The Entei wasn't entirely hack free. After this event, sure, I had in my possession the one Pokemon I would give anything for, but it wasn't right. The guilt overcame me, and I deleted all of the codes off my Action Replay.

I will never hack again.

I still feel absolutely horrible for every little thing I did with that blasted device. I only try to redeem myself by promising to never do it again.

I feel guilt is what stopped me, and I am proud to say that Diamond was the only game I ever have, and ever will hack. My stance on the issue is that it is that it is ok to do things that would be otherwise impossible due to geographic restrictions, but you have to be fully aware of the consequences.

In closing, if you are reading this, and believe you may have my Entei, message me, and I promise that I will return your Suicune.
    The world needs more Will. <3

A whole load of Hoopa Hyperion09's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Hyperion09 On Twitter
    Follow Hyperion09 on Tumblr Visit Hyperion09's Youtube Channel

>redemption
    >from hacking

Why does this still float around? Is it suddenly a crime to modify machines now? Because that's essentially what you're doing when you hack a game of any type.

It's my copy of the game, therefore if I want to hack it, I will. I won't necessarily trade or participate in online activities with a hacked Pokémon without the recipient's knowledge - there's obviously a certain amount of trust you need to give in such a situation, and I understand that - but this holier-than-thou attitude among "anti-hackers" (for lack of better description) in regards to single-player situations is really starting to annoy me.

LiveJournal | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingdomkid
    I thought air was free but they sell them in plastic bags and comes with a hand full of chips!!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516