Pokemon Ethics- Hacking - Page 15

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pokemon Ethics- Hacking

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Ethics- Hacking

teaching me to suck eggs again dude that's a terrible habit...

i know full well the difference i'm saying that a hack is a hack regardless of what prefix you attach to it - i'd love to see nintendo up their game & weed out these "legal" hacks by deleting them when you go on wifi or something (never gonna happen i know)
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Blog Entries

The only hacks I have ever and will ever use are 99x tms, and the event legends. Now that BW make them unlimited and the 3DS will have all wifi compatibility, I can play the game without cheating.

I bred, raised up, and ev'ed my own battle team for the frontier and PBR battling, I didn't hack it. Doing that is too much for me. RNG is fine, although I'd never use it (looks like it would take a while).

But hacking pokemon with extra moves, stats, anything- that's crossing the line ONLY if you don't keep it on your own game.
    My Black Team

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by siburke939 View Post
    I know full well the difference i'm saying that a hack is a hack regardless of what prefix you attach to it - i'd love to see nintendo up their game & weed out these "legal" hacks by deleting them when you go on wifi or something (never gonna happen i know)
    And the reason this won't happen is because there is never a way to know 100% whether a Pokémon was hacked or legit unless it's actually an illegal combination, like that Jirachi with 329 speed.

For all you know, the player was extremely lucky. Nintendo can't (and won't) just say "it's OBVIOUSLY a hack, we're just going to reject it." Because for all they know, it wasn't.

(And please don't bring up the argument of "a small sacrifice [the false positives] for a greater gain [more hacks being eliminated]". If word ever got around that Nintendo turned up a false positive because they tightened their hack checks to include heuristics, shit would hit the fan quicker than you can say "shiny Arceus".)

In other words, it's a business decision for Nintendo not to up their game. They really don't want to piss off any real customers.
    Last edited by Zekurom; 25th January 2011 at 11:02 PM.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zekurom View Post
    And the reason this won't happen is because there is never a way to know 100% whether a Pokémon was hacked or legit unless it's actually an illegal combination, like that Jirachi with 329 speed.

For all you know, the player was extremely lucky. Nintendo can't (and won't) just say "it's OBVIOUSLY a hack, we're just going to reject it." Because for all they know, it wasn't.

(And please don't bring up the argument of "a small sacrifice [the false positives] for a greater gain [more hacks being eliminated]". If word ever got around that Nintendo turned up a false positive because they tightened their hack checks to include heuristics, shit would hit the fan quicker than you can say "shiny Arceus".)

In other words, it's a business decision for Nintendo not to up their game. They really don't want to piss off any real customers.
    yeah obviously i'm not suggesting nintendo would just delete anything that is shiny or has great IV's for example that would be pretty daft i'm quite clearly stating any that are definitely hacks (obvious to the naked eye or not) should be picked up

is it just me or are you being just a little bit patronising with that post? as if nintendo would delete people's pokemon on a hunch! honestly dude...
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

DCM
    Blog Entries

Keep it cool, friends. no need to accuse someone of being patronizing when they aren't.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

I hack. There I admitted it. But I only hack things like "all pokewalker courses" when I get frustrated with collecting all those watts, and the "tm code" when I need earthquake. the most major thing i've ever hacked was the arceus event, which I view as my right as I happened to be on vacation when it happened. I dont get what the big deal is, unless you start hacking wondereyes and perfect pokemon.

Blog Entries

I'll admit that I have hacked before, BUT I haven't used my hacks for competitive battling. I only messed around with walking through walls and 99x TM's. I didn't even use them to help me beat the main story. Only after I beat the e4. And if someone hacks to get past the story fast, then it's their game. It's not going to effect me. If they mess up their game, it's their loss, not mine. In my opinion, hacking isn't really all that bad. You can't make any money off of it. Nintendo can't lose any money off of it. You've already bought the game. You don't have to pay for anything after that. If you want to pay 20 bucks for an AR and walk through walls and get shinies that's fine with me. As long as you don't bombard me with 999 stats and wondertombs/wondereyes.
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries

I presently have only hacked my HG file once (from someone else's AR): 900 X Berries. I am just too lazy, and even the cyber plants I touch die. XD Me and a few friends of mine have had many a discussion about what we consider "n00b hacking" (as we call it.) Personally, you can hack all your TM's and money and items you want. But when you go online with your wondereyes, and 999 stats and parties of Acreuses (should it be Arceui? :P), it's not fun for anyone.
    Spending way to much time on Final fantasy to be here at all :/

Black FC: 0948-1540-2278
    I will NEVER trade you (or accept) something hacked / not legit! Read about it here on bulbagarden.
    (Oh, And the Skype indicator is broken. I am online on and off, even though it says i'm never on.)

Blog Entries

My first game was Sapphire, and I AR hacked the hell out of it. My current game, Pearl, is my only hacked one, for TM's and Rare Candies.

I USED to hack like crazy. Walk through walls, wild shiny pokemon, change your trainer sprite, max money, 1 hit KOs Pokemon, all that fantastic crap.

I did it so much especially with my GBA games that, after a while, I just got bored with it. Made things too easy. By the time Platinum came out, the only code I was using was the cloning code, and only for trading Mons I didn't want to completely part with. I like to trade with my friends from time to time, and if someone wants one of my better Mons (particularly my events and event legends), I won't trade it without making a clone of it first. My friends know I do this and they're fine with it, so no issues there.

Once HG and SS came out, I learned more about EV and IV stats (yeah, I got into EV training pretty late), so that's when I added the EV/IV checker code. Helps me to keep better track of how far along I am in the training, or see if they have EV points in a stat that I don't necessarily think they'll need.

However, I have never, and will never, hack my Pokemon's stats to make them 999 in everything ever, nor will I hack to get events. If I miss one, oh well. It's not that important. My friends go to these things too, and we trade if one of us has missed an event or two.

But the way I see it, it's your game. You paid for it. You do what you want with it. If you want to hack the fuck out of it, more power to you. I have absolutely nothing against people who get a kick out of hacking. Sometimes, it can be fun. Just don't try to battle me with your shiny, 999 in every stat Mon and we'll be cool.
    Last edited by Quiet JESS; 28th February 2011 at 04:55 AM.

I hack. Often.

I have my own ethics, if it's dependent on luck, I can change it. I don't mess with stuff in game, but when it comes to competitive, I don't want to fight fifty Zubat in a row. I don't want to reset my game until I get good IVs. I don't want to reset until I get a good nature.

All I do is change the nature, IVs, and EV spread. All it does is save time. That's another thing: I change, I don't make. I never have and never will make a Pokemon I didn't get fairly.

Like I said, I have my own ethics, so it doesn't make a difference to me what other people think. Everything I have is legal anyway, so I don't think it should make all that much of a difference.

Credit for the picture of Meloetta goes to BlueWiiKoon. The rest was 'shopped by me.

Black Friend Code - 0089 1522 3669

Blog Entries

I hack for Event Pokemon. I was unfortunate to have lost my Diamond so I could not get Darkrai or Shaymin or Arceus. I use it for Pokedex purposes only unless it is one that is VERY recent like the Crown Beasts or Celebi.

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

AR's and PokeSav's will never be within 10 feet of my games!

I don't hack. If, on the off chance, Nintendo has a tournament and I wanna participate, I don't want to be disqualified for hacked Pokemon or anything...

That said, HACK ALL YOU WANT. Your game, your rules.
    I just don't think it's okay to have hacked Pokemon in random wifi battles ("What the hell? This guy has 6 lv100 Shiny Deoxys!") or trading them without SAYING they're hacked. If it's for personal use and you're open about it with others when it comes to multiplayer, hacking is fine.

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

Black and White, no Gray Feolthanos Exultant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To me, there never has been and never will be 'legal' or 'acceptable' hacking. Hacking is hacking. If a powerful, non-hacking method like RNG'ing is out there, why not use it and take some pride in your Pokemon? If all you do is use "Oh, it's a legal hack" as your excuse, then you have just proven yourself to be either too lazy or too unmotivated to put the effort in to get your Pokemon through your own effort.

Don't think of me as a preacher for RNG'ing, either. I'm not 100% okay with manipulating for your ID and SID. I never have, and never will. What the game gives you, it gives you. Especially in the Fifth Gen games, where flawless and semi-flawless Pokemon can be obtained with relative ease on any save file, no matter your ID/SID. I take pride in what I do, and in my shop. I respect that not everyone can be bothered/have time to learn how to RNG. Why else would I open a freaking thread? I feel that's its a good thing to share with other people, regardless of how much experience they have or whether they RNG as well. If I ever stop one single person from buying an Action Replay or some other cheating device, then I've accomplished something significant in my mind.

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the rambling.

^Made by the unrivaled Blazaking EX, edited by me =) Shop is open, click on the banner to go to the thread!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

I never hack. I like the feeling of pride when you bring down a friends Pokémon, with a Pokémon you've so lovingly raised.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast