Pokemon Ethics- Hacking - Page 14

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pokemon Ethics- Hacking

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is cloning wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    How is it not easy? The only thing I've seen that is difficult is RNG abusing Pokewalker pokes.
    you can't tell me getting decent EV spreads is easy because it isn't - plus don't forget you still have to obtain 1 random encounter shiny before you start (unless you use AR...)
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Quote Originally Posted by siburke939 View Post
    you can't tell me getting decent EV spreads is easy because it isn't - plus don't forget you still have to obtain 1 random encounter shiny before you start (unless you use AR...)
    You don't have to catch a random shiny, I never have. You can get your SID checked using legal.exe, you don't have to have a hacking device.

Do you mean IV spreads? Tell me what you find hard about it, because if I can RNG a 30/31/31/31/31/31 bold Cresselia in around 30 minutes, that isn't my definition of 'not easy'.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    You don't have to catch a random shiny, I never have. You can get your SID checked using legal.exe, you don't have to have a hacking device.

Do you mean IV spreads? Tell me what you find hard about it, because if I can RNG a 30/31/31/31/31/31 bold Cresselia in around 30 minutes, that isn't my definition of 'not easy'.
    so you find it easy - good for you...

we'll have to agree to disagree on this
    yo son

so you find it easy - good for you...

we'll have to agree to disagree on this
    lol...it's just a little planning, some button mashing, and counting. I have only even done it a few times for legends, as I breed without RNG abuse. My point is that most people do not have any trouble cranking these things out very quickly. However, since this discussion was separated from the thread it was meant to be about, it's kind of irrelevant at this point.

Default Re: Pokemon Ethics- Hacking

when in rome
    Deuce's Dominion of Demonic Doppelgängers
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=52233

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Mongrel (野犬) View Post
    I just recently bought a NDS and Platinum and Soul Silver versions, after a 10 year break from Pokemon (back in the GBC days). So I played through Platinum, trained up, and beat the Elite Four. Then, while looking at the official Pokemon.com website, I notice the WiFi event to get the Soul Dew. I informed my nephew on it, and told him how to get it, because he already had the National Dex unlocked. I, however, hadn't even started my Soul Silver game yet, I was waiting to complete the Platinum National Dex.

So began the race to unlock the Silver Nation Dex before Aug 27th.
    ...you don't need the National dex to download any events. What kind of unreasonably dicks do you think Nintendo are?
    How the hell did that rumor spread, anyway? I've heard it before.
    So.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    ...you don't need the National dex to download any events. What kind of unreasonably dicks do you think Nintendo are?
    How the hell did that rumor spread, anyway? I've heard it before.
    its cause of this i assume
    http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/ca/#/news/enigma-stone/
    Last edited by deuce; 17th September 2010 at 10:49 PM.
    Deuce's Dominion of Demonic Doppelgängers
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=52233

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

IMO i think there is the wrong and the acceptable hacks
    like: Wrong - Maxing stats to beyond limiters, tweaking move's power, screwing pokemon games, battling others with those changes.
    acceptable: - increasing Ivs, changing moves that pokemon don't usually learn (i love my ice beam user shiny ponyta, but i don't battle others with it because it would totaly be unfair), getting event pokemon, i mean it, nintendo is mean, evolving pokemon via trade without a trade, so this means that i can't have an alakazam because my country hates pokemon!? Screw this!

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I use at one point to be as massive hacker in my diamond.
    My friend one day showed me something he got for his birth day called a action replay(ill just call it a A.R for this)This tiny little thing was about to change every thing about the poke-communty at my school.

Me and my friends would pay him to use his A.R (such as buying 999 master balls for 5$) for cheats and for about 2 months it was like that.

Then one day while i was shopping i saw something outta the corner of my eyes it was a A.R so then i quickly bought it. So the first few nights i kept it a secrit from my friends just using it for my self untill one day i brought it to school now my friends where begging me now for this as i offered them to use this for free. So then I found out that you could make or put on new codes on it. Now my nights most went from playing pokemon,doing homework,eating,sleeping to putting on new A.R codes this is where it started to get to far. Now one day my friend who has the first A.R at my school wanted to battle so i said yes and the first thing he sends out is a shiny hitmonlee that has wonder gaurd and 999 in every stat.

My team was sweeped comepleatly and my 6th grade mind was blowen so I needed to to something. Now my other friends got A.Rs to and started to use codes on them. So there where no such thing as legit pokemon any more there was only hacked shinys with maxed stats and wonder gaured or some other powerfull abitilys and hacked moves. We where at war basicly who could come up with the best hacks and no one did not think about ever training any thing legit any more. That was untill one night where i had a huge amound of codes on my diamond on at once (I think it was about 19) and then my game froze and went black. Now this happened before so it just restarted my DS and then the game would not load so basicly it was died.

Now I burryed the game in my back yard and it had a small tomb stone(well it was a sign i covered in plastic that was on a tree above the tomb but its still there!) that said "This game was killed from hacking,This game was great,This game was what brought my friends to getter. I was a master from hacking,a king who had power over gods.Hacking the thing that made me great but it was what killed this wonder also and the king fell in to darkness to never be seen agein. R.I.P my Pokemon Diamond 2007-2008.

Now the next thing i did was steal my sisters diamond (well she never played it and has not noticed sence) and restart her file and make my own where i would never hack any thing. Now my friends soon gave up pokemon because the hacking got to far and so they could play "Cock of duty" all night and day. All but one friend of mine has gaven it up,The one who first had the A.R. I saw him this summer in 2010 i found out he still plays the games(also he still hacks too) but he never gave up hope for pokemon even thought he was the one who started the hacking that we both loved and then came to hate. One of my other friends from asked me if i still play pokemon and i said "Yes I do im proud of it,I play it the way it was ment to be played now" and then he said "Go play some call of duty pokemon is for 9 year old nerd!" then i just walked off and give him the finger.

Well im pritty much agenst hacking now as I never have hacked sence my diamond died but i say stuff like 999 master balls or rare candys or max of all tms are harmless and i can live of im fighting some one who uses that but going to far such as what happend in the story is where i think hacking is bad.

Oh my god, the self-righteousness of anti-hackers in this thread is staggering. :/ For me, if it's okay to RNG, it's okay to hack. The two are just ways of manipulating the game to get what you want. Hacking just makes things simpler, and adds more.

It was actually how frustrating Explorers of Sky was that finally drove me to buying an Action Replay. But once I learned how to make a perfect party via hacks, I knew my dreams have come true. Hacking is actually quite fun! Even if I can't take dear Wondertomb and Wondereye to Pokemon Battle Revolution, I can at least show the damn hacking Battle Frontier what's what. They SO had to coming to them.

So, long story short, I love hacking and hack all the time now. I make my teams as "legit" as possible, though. I make sure they only have legal moves. I also go out of my way to make sure only 2 stats are maxed-out-EVs.

The only "odd" thing they all will have (except for my first Uber team) is all were caught at Route 227, at level 99. Caught with a Master Ball.

To me, those hacked are just as special to me as regular Pokemon. In a sense, they truly ARE (literally) made for me. You go play the game you want, with hours of tedious repetitive monotony. Meanwhile, those of us who hack for fun will continue to rock the house, in no time at all.

Fun is subjective, after all. I know hacking is where I have most fun now, so I will enjoy it.
    Zekurom likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

As long as I battle stat legit pokemon, I'm ok with hacks. If you caught a shiny level 100 Jirachi on Route 1 in a Safarai Ball, I don't care. If said Jirachi has 329 speed (one above max), then we have a problem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Red View Post
    Oh my god, the self-righteousness of anti-hackers in this thread is staggering. :/ For me, if it's okay to RNG, it's okay to hack. The two are just ways of manipulating the game to get what you want. Hacking just makes things simpler, and adds more.

It was actually how frustrating Explorers of Sky was that finally drove me to buying an Action Replay. But once I learned how to make a perfect party via hacks, I knew my dreams have come true. Hacking is actually quite fun! Even if I can't take dear Wondertomb and Wondereye to Pokemon Battle Revolution, I can at least show the damn hacking Battle Frontier what's what. They SO had to coming to them.

So, long story short, I love hacking and hack all the time now. I make my teams as "legit" as possible, though. I make sure they only have legal moves. I also go out of my way to make sure only 2 stats are maxed-out-EVs.

The only "odd" thing they all will have (except for my first Uber team) is all were caught at Route 227, at level 99. Caught with a Master Ball.

To me, those hacked are just as special to me as regular Pokemon. In a sense, they truly ARE (literally) made for me. You go play the game you want, with hours of tedious repetitive monotony. Meanwhile, those of us who hack for fun will continue to rock the house, in no time at all.

Fun is subjective, after all. I know hacking is where I have most fun now, so I will enjoy it.
    omg the ridiculousness of some hackers justifying their actions itt...

okay i don't care what hackers do in their own games but the big difference between hacking & RNG abuse is hacking can mess up your save file & RNG can't - this is due to hackers altering the game data to synch with their desires & RNGers altering their actions to synch with the unaltered game data - there's a big difference that is quite obvious to all but the simplest of minds
    yo son

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    (please note, this thread has nothing to do with PokeSav, which is blatant hacking)

Pokemon hacking has long been a shamed upon subject of this forum, typically bringing ridicule and scorn, as well as a locked thread. Why?
    As a player of the Metagame, i understand how frustrating it can be when you battle a Wonderguard Sableye, or a Shiny Heracross with perfect IV's and 9999 stats. I realize that once you hack in a pokemon game, that game can never compete within an official Nintendo tournament.
    But Those are the extreme examples of hacking, where as some of the tamer examples are ignored. Tamer examples of hacking include the TM hack, where you obtain 99 of all TM's, and a copy of all HM's, the max money hack, where as the name states, your money is maxed out, to hacking for the Azure Flute as to complete your national dex. These examples are commonly overlooked when bashing hacking, yet many players do so anyways (its referred to as legal hacking)

please note that all text below this is refferring to the tamer hacking, not the wild version.

Which brings us to the real topic of this thread. Why is it wrong to hack a pokemon game? If you play pokemon purely for the in-game moments, purely for the story, what is wrong with hacking pokemon? If you find it more enjoyable to not have to worry about battling trainers for money, or being wise about how you use your money, then what is business of ours is it to tell you otherwise?
    As long as you do not trade your hacked pokemon with/to us, or battle your hacked pokemon against us, its not my job to tell you how to play your game.

So, riddle me this bulbagarden.

1) Why are members whom ask about Action Replay Codes for say, getting all the TM's, flamed, yet that is referred to as legal hacking?
    2) Why are you telling people how to play the game? if they want to play exclusively in-game, then its no business of yours whether they use cheat codes or not, as long as they know the consequences.
    3)Why is the hacking mentioned above (in-game, no meta-game) wrong?

Please, do not answer with just "hacking is wrong".
    give me a rason why that hacking is wrong.

~DCM
    I absolutely agree.

Just I'd like to point something. I use Pokésav, but only for information purposes (SID IV and EV, or knowing how long will take hatching an egg, its nature, etc). I don't touch a single number. A small example: Since I like teaching Pokémon attacks of multiple types, I like to know if a Pokémon has a good Hidden Power (for example, I got legally a Jolteon with 67-base Grass HP and I used Pokésav only to realize this). Is it wrong?

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sennen_Goroshi View Post
    I absolutely agree.

Just I'd like to point something. I use Pokésav, but only for information purposes (SID IV and EV, or knowing how long will take hatching an egg, its nature, etc). I don't touch a single number. A small example: Since I like teaching Pokémon attacks of multiple types, I like to know if a Pokémon has a good Hidden Power (for example, I got legally a Jolteon with 67-base Grass HP and I used Pokésav only to realize this). Is it wrong?
    i disagree with the post you quoted as altering the game data is hacking - there's no such thing as "legit" or "tame" or "legal" hacks it's a complete oxymoron

checking stuff with an external device without altering anything is not so much hacking - it's more like voyeurism (i don't do it myself but i don't frown upon it myself - it would be foolish to call it hacking imo)
    yo son

Quote Originally Posted by Sennen_Goroshi View Post
    I absolutely agree.

Hacking implies modification, if you are just looking there is no issue. It's nice to have one screen that shows all the Pokemon's visible and invisible characteristics.

"legal" hacks
    There is such a thing as legal hacks, since legal does not mean the same thing as legitimate.

Shakes out like this:

Hacks
    a) Legal Hacks - hacks that have moves and stats that are possible for the Pokemon without hacking
    b) Illegal hacks - hacks that have impossible move combinations, stats, etc

Then completely aside from both of those things are legitimate Pokemon. This distinction mostly comes into play for Wifi battling since some people don't care if their opponent cheats the Pokemon as long as they aren't illegally powerful or otherwise unfair.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast