Which pokemon do you think are lazily designed? - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Which pokemon do you think are lazily designed?

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Which pokemon do you think are lazily designed?

Voltorb and Electrode looks too simplistic (even Klink does better than them).

I'd have to agree with the Notion that Simple =/= Lazy. In many ways, Simple Designed Pokemon (particularly the Kanto Pokemon) are in some ways superior in overall design to radically designed Pokemon. Rather in fact, I find that some of the simplest designs are some of the most believable. In cases such as the Squrtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander lines (as well as many other Kanto Pokemon), their Evolutions are Logical, Progressive stages in what you'd normally expect to see in an Evolution. Though, in cases such as Caterpie and Weedle, who's stages are almost TOO Literal, are both lazy in design yet also clever in a way because of how they were implemented.

Seel into Dewgong is a nice example of simple yet perfect design. Where as Dewgong does not radically diverge in general form from Seel, it does become (IMHO) far more Elegant and Stream-lined as opposed to Seel.
    (where as, Spheal and it's family-line's design is extremely Detailed yet I find to be borderline Lazy simply because it so closely Copies Seel and Dewgong just to introduce a 3rd stage Ice/Water Walrus? It'd made more sense to make Sealeo a branch off of Seel.)
    Of course, I can forgive it because there is so much Literal Diversity in Real Pinnipeds so it doesn't Violate my Suspension of Disbelief.

But I find incredible Laziness (and develop a lot of indigestion from) the designs of Dugtrio and Magneton (which aren't actually an "Evolution" per say as much as one pokemon suddenly becoming attached to another mysteriously appearing pokemon. I mean, In my mind, it's still 3 Pokemon, despite being "Linked." I can understand if it functioned like a Hive or like Lichen where one organism is composed of multiple Life forms but.....but anyway....

Now, in the case of Slowbro, where one pokemon and attach itself to another pokemon and become "Merged" with it to become a completely new composite Pokemon doesn't strike me as being all that absurd.
    (although, on a side note, one case that I find VERY Lazy is SlowKing which is the exact same Pokemon as Slowbro, except it's defense stats are reversed.....)

And then there's Baby Pokemon.... Which I find extremely Lazy, in both Design and concept (maybe with the Exception of Tyrogue.) I mean, I'd would of rather seen a Evolution to Raichu rather then Pichu. They all Seam forced and cheap.

Otherwise, I can name off many Pokemon who I dislike their General Design though not on account of Laziness, rather poor foresight.
    Last edited by TheCableGuy; 30th November 2012 at 10:42 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

''I just don't like its design'' =/= It's lazy.

Let's just criticize laziness by being lazy, brilliant[/sarcasm]

People, please read, I know it might be a pain in the ass to actually read things first, but, really, elaboration helps.

Loopy SummerXBen shipper! ObliviaRangerLuvva's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow ObliviaRangerLuvva On Twitter Add ObliviaRangerLuvva on Google+
    Follow ObliviaRangerLuvva on Tumblr Visit ObliviaRangerLuvva's Youtube Channel

Ditto. It is just a blob with eyes and a mouth. Anyone could draw it, be it young children or professional artists.
    Yato and Berrenta like this.

Team Magma, Pokemon Pincher and Team Plasma member all at once and proud!
    I love Oblivia, and more importantly, UKULELE PICHU!
    http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDuD2FR~cFuT

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Turner actually did quite a bit with the vultures by adding bones as clothes.
    Thank you.

As to the topic at hand: gotta add Bibarel to the list. It's just a bigger beaver that's even less cute. Yeah, I get it: it is what is but still...!

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Electrode. All the rest required aesthetic decisions and went through a long design process. Electrode is just a Pokeball with a trollface scribbled onto it.

Blog Entries

Chimchar and Tepig lines.
    sonic10158 likes this.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

I feel like alot of the new pokemon of Unova are either *paraphrasing* mix/match of older pokemon *un-paraphrase* or taking regular animals and adding one or two differences. And the names are quite lazy too. *cough* beartic and krookodile *cough*
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Nyx

Ehh, I feel like most people in this thread are naming pokemon they dislike instead. Also simplistic designs (like Grimer and Ditto) ≠ lazy designs IMO.

Objectively speaking, I think Voltorb, Electrode, Magneton, Dugtrio, Dodrio, Cinccino, Klang, Klinklang, Muk and Poliwrath are lazily designed. And I'm probably forgetting some right now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456