Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 6

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire View Post

Ancient magic could be one---Celebi/Dialga sending him back in time could be another.
    Ancient magic is an easier explanation. We'd need motivation from Celebi and Dialga :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty ~ Shackleford View Post
    I just realized that 17 castles = 17 types. :P

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Well, how about that. They certainly lived up to the 'shocking announcement' hype! I'm partial to SRPGs so I do hope it gets an English release. Perhaps if this goes well, we might see Pokémon in another crossover in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty ~ Shackleford View Post
    I just realized that 17 castles = 17 types. :P
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I suppose this is the closest we'll get to a Dark-type Gym (I'm assuming that each castle is aligned with a type), eh what?

Dangan Ronpa avatar and sig pic by me. Bases from here.
    3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
    Me on LiveJournal

Blog Entries

Does that mean we'll finally get a fucking Dark Type Gym? SWEETNES!!!!
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

El_
    Blog Entries

I may be grossly going overboard, but its funny that this side game actually has the potential of being the (one of the) ultimate Pokemon games. If it were a canon story then it would beyond epic and good for the series.

The way people befriend Pokemon in the distant past could be easily explained by what N does in B/W. Could simply be an lost art. On the Mewtwo thing, I could see them (either ancient priest or Celebi/Dialga) sending him to the past with ancient magic, possibly for a "soul searching" type of plot.

On another note, I love the website's BGM as well. I hope the entire soundtrack is that good.

Blog Entries

This game is a much needed break from the Mystery Dungeon and Ranger series. That said, I'm disappointed that it is a simulation game rather than an RPG, and like with the previous spin-off games, I don't see any connection to the main series canon. Game Freak have never given us the impression that the past of the Pokémon world was similar to that of feudal Japan, and if to be honest I think it should stay that way. It also seems that the legendaries are going to be downplayed compared to the warriors that control them. Hopefully, one day there will be a main series game set in the distant past.

I don't know what CoroCoro were thinking by hyping up a "world first" announcement, as this is almost certainly the game they're going to be covering until spring.

this looks interesting, though I'm not a fan of "war"-games. I like that you start with Eeevee and I'm certain this game will appeal to a big audience.

User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Game Freak have never given us the impression that the past of the Pokémon world was similar to that of feudal Japan, and if to be honest I think it should stay that way.
    I agree, but you do have to consider that in DPP it was mentioned that the people of the past used swords for hunting :3

Blog Entries

From the trailer at 0:54. The figure looks awfully similar to Arceus, although the protrusions are odd.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: "Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Psychic View Post
    The game freak team probably have a lot of experience with the DS system and know the best ways to program for it to make games look good and operate well. It's also probably because they could make it cheaply and quickly on the DS since they have tools and experience for it. Putting it on the 3DS would take longer and require more money.
    GameFreak aren't developing this game; Tecmo Koei is.

However, Tecmo Koei have released DS games as well, so the point would still stand I guess.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

From the trailer at 0:54. The figure looks awfully similar to Arceus, although the protrusions are odd.
    Thought that myself. Would be surprised if it was anything besides Arceus to be honest.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I don't know what CoroCoro were thinking by hyping up a "world first" announcement, as this is almost certainly the game they're going to be covering until spring.
    I'm still certain we'll get an early Gray announcement somewhere in March.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    I'm still certain we'll get an early Gray announcement somewhere in March.
    Why March? They usually announce a new game a month after the release of its predecessor. If this game is released in March, then Gray may be announced in April, but May is also a possibility.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Why March? They usually announce a new game a month after the release of its predecessor. If this game is released in March, then Gray may be announced in April, but May is also a possibility.
    Well I picked March randomly. The bottom line is - Grey should be announced around the time of the movie or before.

Hey, hang on a sec... something is really ridiculous here...

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by BlueScyther View Post
    Time Travel?

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 14th January 2012, 06:59 AM