Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 34
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

I'm playing Hanbei's episode, and recruited Okuni. Her Volcarona is ridiculously powerful, and I somehow managed to get her to be at 70% link where everyone else is at 50 the most on my opponent's side.

Blog Entries

Visit Pupmon1's Youtube Channel

I love the game, but the main story was kind-a easy. I finished it in like four days. I never lost a fight.

This may be a noob-ish question, but it does get harder in the different episodes, right?
    Run Run as fast as you can
    You can't catch me nobody can

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pupmon1 View Post
    I love the game, but the main story was kind-a easy. I finished it in like four days. I never lost a fight.

This may be a noob-ish question, but it does get harder in the different episodes, right?
    Of course it does lol. The first story, you rarely get attacked, and it's like an introduction to the game. Post-game stories all have fully functioning AIs that attack you and each other, and recruit their own Pokemon and Warriors, etc. It gets a lot more fun, and the post-game stories are a lot more difficult.

Blog Entries

Visit Pupmon1's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    Of course it does lol. The first story, you rarely get attacked, and it's like an introduction to the game. Post-game stories all have fully functioning AIs that attack you and each other, and recruit their own Pokemon and Warriors, etc. It gets a lot more fun, and the post-game stories are a lot more difficult.
    KK I thought that was the case, I just thought I'd ask because I wasn't going to waste time if it's that easy all the way through the game. The main game was just so stupidly easy.
    Run Run as fast as you can
    You can't catch me nobody can

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I recommend playing mitsunari ( and the subsequent unlocked ) episodes...
    Oh?

Blog Entries

Question:

Do I have to have all legendary Pokemon in my army, or just registered in my Gallery to get Black Rayquaza?

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Question:

Do I have to have all legendary Pokemon in my army, or just registered in my Gallery to get Black Rayquaza?
    I would assume you just need to have them all registered in your Gallery

Side note: I cant really tell if Harmony Drum is working.... at all. Can anyone confirm if it really works, and how well?

Blog Entries

It definitely works, but only for the one using it. I don't know how much though.

Cheers to the Freeze Luna Tiger's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Follow Luna Tiger on Tumblr

So I recruited Motonari and Motochika via password instead of wifi, and not only did they come with Snivy and Oshawott, but also Ralts and Chingling respectively. ...That normal?
    PRIA is my haunt, 45500 is my identity,
    the black stronghold is my fortress.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

KK I thought that was the case, I just thought I'd ask because I wasn't going to waste time if it's that easy all the way through the game. The main game was just so stupidly easy.
    The game never get exactly difficult, as in you're presented with an impossible situation, but yes, the post-game episodes are more challenging. Plus, a few of them present alternate win conditions and map sizes, spicing up gameplay; for example, Mitsuhide's win condition is the elimination of Nobunaga's forces. You're completely surrounded by Nobunaga, who controls the nearby Warlords, so recruiting is impossible, as they'll merely retreat when defeated. So it's an exercise in soloing, unlike the expansion focus of the campaign. Moreover, it has a (rather generous) time limit, making it a very different experience.

Moreover, the Final Episode, after completing every other Warlord's episode, is the Hero's, and is essentially a replay of the campaign--but at an appropriate difficulty. Warlord will invade each other and you if you're weak enough, and a number of them will be evolved and have evolved Pokemon. But you also start with Oichi and Nobunaga, and everything you've earned in the course of the episodes comes with you. It's a suitably epic finale (though you may be a bit sick of the game by that point ).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tiger View Post
    So I recruited Motonari and Motochika via password instead of wifi, and not only did they come with Snivy and Oshawott, but also Ralts and Chingling respectively. ...That normal?
    That's what they come with from Wifi as well. I assume you were given Psychic types to help with Pugilis since its the biggest threat if you get those two at the earliest point possible. Though it's not like you need the Psychic Pokemon, unless you want to guarantee recruiting Yoshihiro, but if you focus all your attacks on him, Snivy, Oshawott, and the rest of your team should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    The game never get exactly difficult, as in you're presented with an impossible situation, but yes, the post-game episodes are more challenging. Plus, a few of them present alternate win conditions and map sizes, spicing up gameplay; for example, Mitsuhide's win condition is the elimination of Nobunaga's forces. You're completely surrounded by Nobunaga, who controls the nearby Warlords, so recruiting is impossible, as they'll merely retreat when defeated. So it's an exercise in soloing, unlike the expansion focus of the campaign. Moreover, it has a (rather generous) time limit, making it a very different experience.
    You can technically power through to the southern portion of Ransei and build up your forces that way.

If I didnt get my Eevee's link to 80% in order to get Arceus in the Hero's episode, am I able to get him in the "Two heroes of Ransei" episode?

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

If I'm not mistaken, you can't get him in the Hero's episode (I mean, permanently, that is), so you would have to wait for the Hero's second episode in any case.

Wow, Shingen's story was easy. I was done before February ended (had much more trouble with Kenshin's, but that was because Gabite Officer turned up the month I planned to start my offensive...). Guardian Charm is pretty overpowered, but it's fun to go on solo sweeps, makes expansion early in the game much easier without stretching your forces too thin defending. Then again,I have left kingdoms unprotected the first months without anyone walking in and claiming it. Kind of weird.

The game isn't really that well balanced though. When you have fought your way to a strong army, and your opponent suddenly just triples in strength, that's just a douche move. I would have less problems with fighting a strong foe if it weren't for the fact that they just got boosted from ~400 power to 1200 in one month. That's what you get for going all out offensive the first months I guess.

I could've picked this up in game today but decided against it. Should I have bought it?

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, you can't get him in the Hero's episode (I mean, permanently, that is), so you would have to wait for the Hero's second episode in any case.

Wow, Shingen's story was easy. I was done before February ended (had much more trouble with Kenshin's, but that was because Gabite Officer turned up the month I planned to start my offensive...). Guardian Charm is pretty overpowered, but it's fun to go on solo sweeps, makes expansion early in the game much easier without stretching your forces too thin defending. Then again,I have left kingdoms unprotected the first months without anyone walking in and claiming it. Kind of weird.

The game isn't really that well balanced though. When you have fought your way to a strong army, and your opponent suddenly just triples in strength, that's just a douche move. I would have less problems with fighting a strong foe if it weren't for the fact that they just got boosted from ~400 power to 1200 in one month. That's what you get for going all out offensive the first months I guess.
    Guardiam Charms are indeed as OP as it gets. If you sweep with 2 or 3 warlords/warriors with guardian charms, you can get pretty far pretty early. If you get far enough in a short amount of time, the enemy forces wont have enough time to build their numbers. So when they notice your army growing, their rating of like 300 will jump to 600 (just throwing numbers out), which is still pretty easy to knockout with 1 warrior and a Guardian Charm. Its just the longer you wait, the stronger theyll get. Since its multiplied, 1x3= 3. 6x3= 18. So the faster you end it, the easier the game might actually be. Also, enemy warriors dont start attacking castles til the month of July.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast