Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 31

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    Nope, the computer always seems to have a default set of Pokemon... at least in the episodes I've done so far. I've heard the Final Episode may have tougher opponents, but since I'm not even close to that, I'm not sure. But I've perfect linked every Warlord, and none of them have used that Pokemon against me, so I doubt it.

I'm not completely sure, as I finished Mitsunari's episode second, but I managed to recruit all three in Ieyasu's episode. I think each episode has a set of available Warlords. Like how neither Hideyoshi nor Nobunaga appear in Ieyasu's episode, but the Hero does. I did a bit of grinding in Hideyoshi's, as I did most of my perfect linking and evolution there, but Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, Masanori, and Keiji never appeared. Those three may be a matter of time; I didn't find Masanori until around year 9 in Ieyasu's episode, for example. So I don't think that you have to unlock them by finishing their episodes, but that only some episodes include them to begin with, and those that do only have them after several years.

Between Hideyoshi's and Ieyasu's episodes, I found every Warlord after a few years of waiting, and perfect linked and evolved all of them (after finishing Kenshin's, Shingen's, and Mitsuhide's episodes) except for Masamune and Nobunaga. So if you're linking to recruit and grind up a Warlord, those two should suffice.
    The description for Ieyasu's episode makes it seem like it follows up on the main story...perhaps those four only appear in these types of stories?

I'll be sure to finish up Shingen, Kenshin, and Mitsuhide's episodes so I can get the rest of the warlords in their final forms when I play through Ieyasu's.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

So has anyone actually found Zorua yet? I'm tearing my hair out over this in Kotaro's episode, I've wasted so much time looking that the Gabite officer showed up and made me lose half my kingdoms. Supposedly it's easy to pick out since it'll have a gold link symbol despite looking like something else, but the damn fox hasn't even shown up once :\

Blog Entries

It's easy to pick out once its there, it doesn't mean its easy to find though.

I decided to soft-reset and never found one either.

Also, I'm wondering if there's actually a person who has to "turn on" these wifi events, and whether the person in charge is just incredibly stupid or lazy or something. I always assumed it was an automated system, but who knows whether its Nintendo or Tecmo Koei who's in charge of distribution. It's bad enough that its for a limited time only, but they don't even get it to you on time. I'm wondering if a complaint email would do any good since they'll probably just tell you that its a problem on your end. :/

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I found a Zorua during Kotaro's episode. Even though it didn't take too long, it was still pretty frustrating to search for it and I was really lucky to find one when I did. I still love how the Warlords and their best link Pokemon are next to each other whenever they appear before entering other kingdoms and other events. It just look so cute to see a Rufflet on Masamune's shoulders and Zorua on Kotaro's as well.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think you can find Zorua with soft resetting, unless you want to bother manually moving Kotaro to a new kingdom for each attempt. I think I ended up spending two years in Ieaysu's episode just checking for Zorua then running and skipping to the next month if it wasn't there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    I don't think you can find Zorua with soft resetting, unless you want to bother manually moving Kotaro to a new kingdom for each attempt. I think I ended up spending two years in Ieaysu's episode just checking for Zorua then running and skipping to the next month if it wasn't there.
    That's what I was thinking since I noticed that the events in the following month were basically fixed if they were going to happen or not before you change, but yeah, I was basically switching kingdoms. I'm giving up on it and just going to do it when I play another episode with Kotaro.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Another evolving issue... (why does this keep happening... -_-)

Snorunt for some reason isn't evolving while it is holding the Dawn Stone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post

You're battling warriors right? I don't think it has to be warriors though, but it does have to be a battle.

G50
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post

You're battling warriors right? I don't think it has to be warriors though, but it does have to be a battle.
    Haven't tried warriors yet, but have done battling.

I'll try the battle warriors.

Blog Entries

Another criteria I've seen thrown around is that you need to beat a Pokemon in four turns, and for trade Pokemon, beat a warrior in four turns, and it has to be the one evolving to do it.

~Blast Burn Typhlosion Explosion's Avatar

What exactly happens after the main story? I've completed it, but I kinda didn't want to lose everything. XDD How do you get it back if possible? O: I had a neat Jolteon in my main story.

G50
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Another criteria I've seen thrown around is that you need to beat a Pokemon in four turns, and for trade Pokemon, beat a warrior in four turns, and it has to be the one evolving to do it.
    I'm going to try that too.

One thing that has been difficult, is getting Pokemon that need a certain stat to a certain amount.

I've got a lot of Pokemon that are max energy and max linked that won't evolve because of stats...

is it better to raise energy after the link is high?

Is battling and energy the only two ways to raise stats outside of battle?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion Explosion View Post
    What exactly happens after the main story? I've completed it, but I kinda didn't want to lose everything. XDD How do you get it back if possible? O: I had a neat Jolteon in my main story.

I believe that you have to beat all of the other post-storyline content before going back to playing as the hero. All of the warriors should have the same Pokemon they had since the last encounter and you'll still have a Jolteon. The link will be lower though, but everything else should be fine from what I understand.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

I believe they claimed Keiji's story was coming out sometime earlier than it was supposed to.
    I just hope they didn't announce this too early.

On a side note, I think Yukimura is my favourite fighter thanks to his ability and Charizard's ability. Though I also like Kanbei and Chandelure for single-handedly taking one of Kotoro's castle for me, and Mitsuhide for being incredibly cool for taking back his castle from Nobunaga...on his own.

Side note: I heard that if you get warriors with their perfect links, they'll use it during battles against them in future episodes...is this true for Warlords? If so, this is going to make Kenshin's episode a real pain fighting Shingen given how his army is basically made to have type advantages against Kenshin's

EDIT: Is it possible to recruit Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, and Masanori in the other episodes? Or do they only appear if I beat their episodes first?
    Yes. I recruited Masanori once long before I unlocked their episodes.

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if Europe has their own website for Conquest? Serebii reported Okuni's episode to be released last Friday on the 27th when the main site said 16th. Perhaps they're not releasing Hideyoshi and Reshiram until its released in Europe?

EDIT: So I've been looking at who's related to who, and its actually picking up my motivation to use the Standard warriors.

On top of this, it may explain the availability of roaming warriors in the game, since some of them appear earlier than others. There are some who are the grandchildren of current warlords.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 1st August 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 14th January 2012, 06:59 AM