Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 30

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I doubt they'd make it like that...even though the Gallery system only registers warriors and Pokemon you actually use in battle making it impossible for me to get Rank I Hanzo in the gallery T_T
    The Gallery system doesn't work like that for me. It has Rayquaza registered in the Gallery, even though I haven't captured it yet. I think I'll just finish off the Ieyasu episode for now and work on getting Articuno instead. I may try one more time, but I'm pretty sure that I'll do that and try to get Registeel some other time.
    There's having it in the gallery because you saw/caught it, but there's also actually having it registered as "caught" with a gold ring. For the warriors though, its not enough to just see them, you have to have used them to be registered.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

There's having it in the gallery because you saw/caught it, but there's also actually having it registered as "caught" with a gold ring. For the warriors though, its not enough to just see them, you have to have used them to be registered.
    I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to use more warriors in battle and get them their perfect links so that everything is registered.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 29th July 2012 at 11:20 PM.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Am I the only one who thought that Ranmaru was a girl at first?

(It's this guy by the way)
    Ahah I totally did when I first saw him too. It doesn't help that he's one of the warlords in the female only post-story campaigns. xD

Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Am I the only one who thought that Ranmaru was a girl at first?

(It's this guy by the way)
    Ahah I totally did when I first saw him too. It doesn't help that he's one of the warlords in the female only post-story campaigns. xD
    Well I feel dumb now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I wasn't aware of that. I'll have to use more warriors in battle and get them their perfect links so that everything is registered.
    To add onto this, while the Pokemon seen/caught will show up in the gallery, their stats won't.

Honestly, I'd be more upset about Hanzo if there wasn't an internet to look up what his old rank looks like if I ever get nostalgic (not like I would given I didn't even have it for more than five minutes)

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Some abilities seem to be deliberately rarer than others. At the start of Hideyoshi's episode I used the Oshawott password to get Motochika one with Parry. I had to go through thirty all up (and ten soft resets) to find one, whereas there were roughly equal numbers of Wave Rider and Torrent ones :I
    I hope Sprint Zebstrika doesn't end up being that hard to find as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Some abilities seem to be deliberately rarer than others. At the start of Hideyoshi's episode I used the Oshawott password to get Motochika one with Parry. I had to go through thirty all up (and ten soft resets) to find one, whereas there were roughly equal numbers of Wave Rider and Torrent ones :I
    I hope Sprint Zebstrika doesn't end up being that hard to find as well.
    My L/R buttons are broken so I have to manually turn off to soft-reset T_T

But luckily, there is a spring that will appear in both Ignis and Valora as they develop to let you change abilities (not quite sure if this is a permanent change, I surely hope so), and I used it to get Conqueror Infernape.

As for Zebstrika, the spring had you pay the most for that ability, so its likely the better one.

Also, the Reshiram event isn't up yet...I know its the middle of the night, but I thought it would be an automatic switch.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I should hope the spring gives you a permanent change given how much you have to fork out for it.
    To stay on the safe side I'll be cheap and stick with linking, especially since that Guardian Charm isn't going to just give itself away. But argh 27 resets and not one Celebrate Shinx in sight >_> Still if Ginchiyo has to reach 60% link with an electric lion, then it may as well be a Sprint one that won't be so easy to blockade.

Wonder how quickly we'll get the other downloadable episodes, I want to see Ranmaru try for the title of Ransei's prettiest "girl".

Blog Entries

This is ridiculous. Bulbapedia says Hideyoshi and Reshiram should be up already, but its noon and the event is still not up.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

This is ridiculous. Bulbapedia says Hideyoshi and Reshiram should be up already, but its noon and the event is still not up.
    It's 8 now. Still not up.

Is this another mistake they put up on the site?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post

I really hope its not going to take a whole week before it shows up. I've transformed everyone I could, the only ones left are Mitsuhide, Masamune, Shingen, and Kenshin because I need to either transform them in their episodes or clear it first (going to make getting Shingen a pain because of Rhyperior), as well as Kotaro because of Zorua being too difficult to catch. I plan on getting it when I play through another "Unify all kingdoms" episodes and have Kotaro earlier.

As for the "catch X Pokemon" episodes, how does that work out? I plan to use those episodes to find Best Links for standard warriors. The only one I have with a Best Link is Motoharu.

I'm also wondering how people take up to 20 years to finish a game...I'm on Year 11, but I've mostly only been training one warrior a month in the past 3-4 years while I waste time, otherwise I would have probably had all the warriors I am able to transform sooner.
    Another mistake? There were others?
    Last edited by The Outrage; 30th July 2012 at 08:54 PM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

I really hope its not going to take a whole week before it shows up. I've transformed everyone I could, the only ones left are Mitsuhide, Masamune, Shingen, and Kenshin because I need to either transform them in their episodes or clear it first (going to make getting Shingen a pain because of Rhyperior), as well as Kotaro because of Zorua being too difficult to catch. I plan on getting it when I play through another "Unify all kingdoms" episodes and have Kotaro earlier.

As for the "catch X Pokemon" episodes, how does that work out? I plan to use those episodes to find Best Links for standard warriors. The only one I have with a Best Link is Motoharu.

I'm also wondering how people take up to 20 years to finish a game...I'm on Year 11, but I've mostly only been training one warrior a month in the past 3-4 years while I waste time, otherwise I would have probably had all the warriors I am able to transform sooner.
    Another mistake? There were others?
    Well, yes. A few minor things, though.

For example, they listed Ranmaru's name as "Rammaru"...........while showing clips of the game that show it as "Ranmaru". The game's been out for almost two months, so there's no real excuse for why it hasn't been fixed yet...

I believe they claimed Keiji's story was coming out sometime earlier than it was supposed to.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

20 battles later, Dusclops finally evolved. \o/

Strangely nothing was different about how I defeated the warrior in each of the 20 battles :/

Blog Entries

I believe they claimed Keiji's story was coming out sometime earlier than it was supposed to.
    I just hope they didn't announce this too early.

On a side note, I think Yukimura is my favourite fighter thanks to his ability and Charizard's ability. Though I also like Kanbei and Chandelure for single-handedly taking one of Kotoro's castle for me, and Mitsuhide for being incredibly cool for taking back his castle from Nobunaga...on his own.

Side note: I heard that if you get warriors with their perfect links, they'll use it during battles against them in future episodes...is this true for Warlords? If so, this is going to make Kenshin's episode a real pain fighting Shingen given how his army is basically made to have type advantages against Kenshin's

EDIT: Is it possible to recruit Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, and Masanori in the other episodes? Or do they only appear if I beat their episodes first?
    Last edited by The Outrage; 30th July 2012 at 11:46 PM.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Side note: I heard that if you get warriors with their perfect links, they'll use it during battles against them in future episodes...is this true for Warlords? If so, this is going to make Kenshin's episode a real pain fighting Shingen given how his army is basically made to have type advantages against Kenshin's

EDIT: Is it possible to recruit Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, and Masanori in the other episodes? Or do they only appear if I beat their episodes first?
    Nope, the computer always seems to have a default set of Pokemon... at least in the episodes I've done so far. I've heard the Final Episode may have tougher opponents, but since I'm not even close to that, I'm not sure. But I've perfect linked every Warlord, and none of them have used that Pokemon against me, so I doubt it.

I'm not completely sure, as I finished Mitsunari's episode second, but I managed to recruit all three in Ieyasu's episode. I think each episode has a set of available Warlords. Like how neither Hideyoshi nor Nobunaga appear in Ieyasu's episode, but the Hero does. I did a bit of grinding in Hideyoshi's, as I did most of my perfect linking and evolution there, but Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, Masanori, and Keiji never appeared. Those three may be a matter of time; I didn't find Masanori until around year 9 in Ieyasu's episode, for example. So I don't think that you have to unlock them by finishing their episodes, but that only some episodes include them to begin with, and those that do only have them after several years.

Between Hideyoshi's and Ieyasu's episodes, I found every Warlord after a few years of waiting, and perfect linked and evolved all of them (after finishing Kenshin's, Shingen's, and Mitsuhide's episodes) except for Masamune and Nobunaga. So if you're linking to recruit and grind up a Warlord, those two should suffice.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 14th January 2012, 06:59 AM