Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 27

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Just one more thing: You lose all your items when you start the other episodes right? Because I don't want to lose my evolution stones without using at least one of them.
    You keep any items you would receive from a traveling merchant. This includes Guardian Charms and evolution items, so you don't need to worry about your evolution stones. There might be a few more, but those are definitely saved among all episodes. Before finishing the main game, see if you can buy at least one Guardian Charm (or preferably more); they help a lot in the post-game, especially for those episodes starring Warlords you can't acquire (and thus have no chance to improve) in the main campaign.

Which Warlords do you have, incidentally? If your hero's Eevee is at a pretty high link level, you might want to consider evolving into an Umbreon (unless you're waiting for a Glaceon). Try to evolve that Magikarp; Gyarados is great against the vast majority of enemies. Also look to evolve Staravia to Staraptor; Normal-typing might help a bit, and Staraptor hits like a truck. Also, you might want to use a password to find better Pokemon for Oichi; I forget if she's a mandatory unit in the main campaign, but her Jigglypuff is worthless this late in the game.

Tactics-wise, typing is always the key concern. Staravia/Staraptor and Rufflet (but not Braviary) are interesting, as they're part Normal but have Flying attacks. Obviously, don't bring Gallade or other Psychics, even though it's fully evolved. On the field, be aware of the flames, since a status hax may be enough to screw you over; learn their range, and avoid them. Keep your Pokemon grouped together when you advance; the shifting statues may impede your progress, but don't rush ahead, as that'll allow No to gang up on the vanguard.

If it still goes poorly, spend a few months grinding. The main game is very forgiving; this is where you learn the flow of the game and what battle strategies you prefer. There's no rush to win, since the computer will never invade you and doesn't grow stronger.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    Which Warlords do you have, incidentally? If your hero's Eevee is at a pretty high link level, you might want to consider evolving into an Umbreon (unless you're waiting for a Glaceon). Try to evolve that Magikarp; Gyarados is great against the vast majority of enemies. Also look to evolve Staravia to Staraptor; Normal-typing might help a bit, and Staraptor hits like a truck. Also, you might want to use a password to find better Pokemon for Oichi; I forget if she's a mandatory unit in the main campaign, but her Jigglypuff is worthless this late in the game.

Tactics-wise, typing is always the key concern. Staravia/Staraptor and Rufflet (but not Braviary) are interesting, as they're part Normal but have Flying attacks. Obviously, don't bring Gallade or other Psychics, even though it's fully evolved. On the field, be aware of the flames, since a status hax may be enough to screw you over; learn their range, and avoid them. Keep your Pokemon grouped together when you advance; the shifting statues may impede your progress, but don't rush ahead, as that'll allow No to gang up on the vanguard.

If it still goes poorly, spend a few months grinding. The main game is very forgiving; this is where you learn the flow of the game and what battle strategies you prefer. There's no rush to win, since the computer will never invade you and doesn't grow stronger.
    Well I've got my Glaceon, as well as recruiting a Scraggy, so I might as well train my other Pokemon, including Magikarp.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Well I've got my Glaceon, as well as recruiting a Scraggy, so I might as well train my other Pokemon, including Magikarp.
    If all else fails, you can brute force it. Since the computer doesn't train, if your Warrior have sufficiently high link levels, you can just steamroll them .

Blog Entries

So right when I was getting ready to beat Nene, I find out there's an Eevee swarm. I chose to evolve my first Eevee into Espeon simply because its ability was Share, which was awesome. This one knows sprint, so it will learn Skate, so I'm going to turn this into Glaceon, especially since its one stat away in Atk.

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    Just one more thing: You lose all your items when you start the other episodes right? Because I don't want to lose my evolution stones without using at least one of them.
    You keep any items you would receive from a traveling merchant. This includes Guardian Charms and evolution items, so you don't need to worry about your evolution stones. There might be a few more, but those are definitely saved among all episodes. Before finishing the main game, see if you can buy at least one Guardian Charm (or preferably more); they help a lot in the post-game, especially for those episodes starring Warlords you can't acquire (and thus have no chance to improve) in the main campaign.

Thanks! That's good to hear, though I could only afford the one Guardian Charm....

EDIT: So I had Yaksha taken back from me. I don't know why I am not able to deploy soldiers without me but my opponents are :/
    Last edited by The Outrage; 26th July 2012 at 11:13 PM.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

EDIT: So I had Yaksha taken back from me. I don't know why I am not able to deploy soldiers without me but my opponents are :/
    IIRC, you always need to have your main hero in your battles, as well as Oichi. I don't think it's necessary in any of the post-story campaigns, just the main story lol.

Blog Entries

Is it even possible to get another Eevee with Celebrate?

EDIT: I've got one. I do get to keep all the Pokemon a character has linked to right? I gave Oichi a Dragonite for a reason...
    Last edited by The Outrage; 27th July 2012 at 12:28 AM.

Is it even possible to get another Eevee with Celebrate?

EDIT: I've got one. I do get to keep all the Pokemon a character has linked to right? I gave Oichi a Dragonite for a reason...
    Post-Game you can unlock a Fountain in certain areas. 1 of them being Ignis. The fountain will allow you to purchase different abilities, so you can buy Eevee's Celebrate if it doesnt have it. Buy being that the game acknowledges Celebrate as Eevee's best ability, you will have to pay 10k for it. Any other abilities are 3k. Unfortunately, Celebrate does not carry over to any of its evolutions

Blog Entries

I managed to get a Celebrate Eevee, evolved it into Umbreon and used it once. Unfortunately the one I wanted to turn into Glaceon lost energy, so I just beat the game with Espeon.

Also, I'm guessing the Hideyoshi + Reshiram doesn't appear on the WiFi download until after I meet the following requirements here?

Now that I've finished, I can safely say the story is very loose and nonexistent, but the game itself is far too entertaining to matter.

You do keep every single Pokemon that every Warrior and Warlord ever linked with, and it carries over to each individual story. The only things that don't carry over are the Link percentage you have with each Pokemon, but you do keep the Pokemon themselves.

Wow, 27 pages of thread. forgive my time constraints having not scoured it all but I was wondering if I could get a mini-review.

It's just come out in the UK and I'm a big fan of tactical rpgs (Tactics Ogre; FFT; FFTA2; Disgaea etc) and want to play it but I'm getting conflicting reviews around the internet (naturally ofc but it's pretty bipolar for this title)

I'm hearing complaints about 'unnecessary and poorly implemented features' but 'pokemaniacs will love it'. 'It plays well on the DS' but 'fans of tactical rpgs should stay clear!'

TLDR, if i love the above mentioned games, will i like playing Pokemon Conquest?

thanks for your time guys :)

sig courtesy of blue dragon http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

Pearl friend code: 1334 8992 8416
    White friend code: 1334 7742 9693

Quote Originally Posted by redyakuza View Post
    Wow, 27 pages of thread. forgive my time constraints having not scoured it all but I was wondering if I could get a mini-review.

It's just come out in the UK and I'm a big fan of tactical rpgs (Tactics Ogre; FFT; FFTA2; Disgaea etc) and want to play it but I'm getting conflicting reviews around the internet (naturally ofc but it's pretty bipolar for this title)

I'm hearing complaints about 'unnecessary and poorly implemented features' but 'pokemaniacs will love it'. 'It plays well on the DS' but 'fans of tactical rpgs should stay clear!'

TLDR, if i love the above mentioned games, will i like playing Pokemon Conquest?

I think you will enjoy it. Despite what a lot of internet critics think, it is quite a good game. The Pokemon thing with abilities and that introduces a different aspect to the Tactical RPG that some other games don't have, along with a more wide variety of moves and different Pokemon, as opposed to like ten different classes etc. Personally, I am a fan of a lot of Tactical RPGs like the ones you mentioned, and while it is a bit different, it still incredibly fun none-the-less and I would definitely recommend it.
    redyakuza likes this.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I've gotta say, the music in this game is phenomenal. Why is it that the side games always have such amazing music?

I also saw very mixed reviews on this that got me wondering. Got the game and decided the game is Very good. ive logged in so many hours, and it has pretty good replay value. I have played all of the games youve listed, Disgaea being my favorite. Conquest has made its way to my 2nd favorite TRPG ive ever played (and ive played many) since youve played FFT and tactics ogre, its going to bother you that all pokemon only have 1 move they can use, and there is no y-axis/elevation amount visible, yet it applies to the game. There are enough pokemon to keep you occupied, its not as user friendly as i like (youll see what i mean when you start fiddling through specific warrior types), but youll eventually get used to it. IN CONCLUSION, great game. Try it.
    redyakuza likes this.

Blog Entries

I managed to get a Celebrate Eevee, evolved it into Umbreon and used it once. Unfortunately the one I wanted to turn into Glaceon lost energy, so I just beat the game with Espeon.

Also, I'm guessing the Hideyoshi + Reshiram doesn't appear on the WiFi download until after I meet the following requirements here?

Now that I've finished, I can safely say the story is very loose and nonexistent, but the game itself is far too entertaining to matter.
    You can download the content at any time; it simply doesn't become active until you meet the requirements. The Reshiram download isn't a proper episode, per se; it simply allows Hideyoshi to link with Reshiram in any post-game episode where the conditions are met. The best episode to get Reshiram is Hideyoshi's own episode, as that's one of the few where he appears, and it's one of the best places to grind for Warlord evolution.

The post-game episodes are a little more interesting, as a good number of them are more than simply 'conquer all of Ransei,' but they're all very sparse. Apparently a fan of Nobunaga's Ambition/Japanese history in general would appreciate the post-game a bit more, but they're still entertaining glimpses at the other characters' motivations (especially Mitsuhide) for the unlearned like me.

I think the best thing to consider is that this is a Pokemon game first and foremost. I haven't played many tactical RPGs, but just going off the reputations of FFT and Disgaea, Pokemon Conquest is simply much easier and simpler in comparison. The real joy comes from linking (the equivalent of capturing in Conquest) with Pokemon and raising them, as it is in the main series.

Thanks guys! The pokemaster, Diezel and Renewal (hopefully these are tagged properly...) thanks for your insight. I'll try and see how it'll fit in to my planned purchases of Guild Wars 2 and Mists of Pandaria. Oh and Borderlands 2. Dammit! So many games so little money T_T

o/

sig courtesy of blue dragon http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

Pearl friend code: 1334 8992 8416
    White friend code: 1334 7742 9693

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 14th January 2012, 06:59 AM