Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 26
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I did recruit two warlords with another warlord last time, and I only have one warlord left who hasn't been used after my last my battle. I fear of never seeing the unrecruited warlords again after defeating them.
    How far are you into the game? Are you in the main campaign, or have you reached the post-game episodes?
    I'm at the main camepaign, and I've currently recruited 2/3 warlords after conquering the Dark kingdom.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So is there a particular way to raise my Pokemon's stats?

Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    Simply put, youre not meeting all requirements.For Pokemon that need to be traded to evolve, you must land the finishing blow on an enemy Warrior/Warlord with that Pokemon. Assuming you do this correctly, the pokemon must also meet either a link % requirement, stat requirement, or must have a certain item equipped.

Your Pokemon are dropping in stats due to its energy level. So, when youre Energy arrow is curved up, your Pokemon is currently at its max potential instats. Anything lower and it will be weaker. Applies to all stats (including HP) except for Range
    Specifically the Dusclops I'm using, it has Reaper Cloth equipped, and has been giving the finishing blow to the warriors' Pokemon.

Not sure I follow what you're saying about the stats/energy statement.
    Regarding Dusclops evolution, there seems to be a glitch evolving Pokemon which need to be traded with an item in the main series. The best way to overcome this (which I used to evolve my own Dusclops to Dusknoir) is to make sure it defeats a Warrior, and (more importantly) that it is the first defeat you score. So you should make sure that Dusclops gets the first killing blow to a Warrior on your side, not just any random killing blow.

Energy is an indicator of your Warrior/Pokemon's performance; on the map, you normally see a list of each city's Warriors and Pokemon on the top screen. Energy is the little arrow above the Warrior's Strength rating and left of the type indicators. As Diezel stated, the more upward this arrow points, the better the Pokemon's stats.
    Just tried your suggestion, and it still won't evolve. :(

Blog Entries

So, fully evolved Pokemon in this game is so crap. Ginchiyo turned from a beast to something that couldn't land a single hit.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    So, fully evolved Pokemon in this game is so crap. Ginchiyo turned from a beast to something that couldn't land a single hit.
    Depends. Yukimura's Charizard is an absolute monster, for instance; Flamethrower and Flying-type give it insane range, and it can have Last Bastion, which makes it an unstoppable soloing machine. The hero's Glaceon makes Nobunaga trivial. Both Hideyoshi's Infernape and Kanbei's Chandelure have Fire Spin, which can be catastrophically powerful. Kai's Darmanitan has Fire Blast, which covers a truly impressive area. And for generics, Gyarados is just a terrifying beast as always.

You're bound to get duds, and fully-evolved Pokemon are slower in general. But Rhyperior, Luxray, and Serperior are pretty much the only Pokemon off the top of my head where it's almost certainly not worth evolving them. For most Pokemon it's a matter of playing style: faster and a bit weaker, or stronger but slower?

Blog Entries

So I have Muneshige at 66.87% link with Staraptor but he didn't transform, and Ginchiyo wasn't anywhere near him. Are you unable to transform them until the main campaign is over? The same problem with Ginchiyo, and Motochika. I've met all their requirements but they won't evolve.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 26th July 2012 at 08:44 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Is there an easier way to beat Spectra and her army? I only have a Sneasal as my only dark type, and I don't have any Ghost types with me. Plus her kingdom is mericless on my Pokemon.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So I have Muneshige at 66.87% link with Staraptor but he didn't transform, and Ginchiyo wasn't anywhere near him. Are you unable to transform them until the main campaign is over?
    Yeah, you can only evolve your hero in the main campaign. The only reason you should waste time in the main campaign is to obtain perfect link Pokemon and possibly evolve them; grinding for Warlord evolution is exclusively the post-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Is there an easier way to beat Spectra and her army? I only have a Sneasal as my only dark type, and I don't have any Ghost types with me. Plus her kingdom is mericless on my Pokemon.
    Who else (and what Pokemon) do you have on-hand?

Blog Entries

So I have Muneshige at 66.87% link with Staraptor but he didn't transform, and Ginchiyo wasn't anywhere near him. Are you unable to transform them until the main campaign is over?
    Yeah, you can only evolve your hero in the main campaign. The only reason you should waste time in the main campaign is to obtain perfect link Pokemon and possibly evolve them; grinding for Warlord evolution is exclusively the post-game.
    I wish I knew that sooner >:

It was kind of weird for them to mention it being a rare occurrence. Oh well, I guess this means I can one-up that annoying Masamune now since he keeps invading Cragspur...when Ginchiyo is stationed there. Crappy move or not, its still OHKOing everyone.

How far through the main campaign is Glaceon available? Besides being my favourite Eeveelution, it seems like a good choice given that the final bosses apparently use powerful dragons.
    Kinda miffed that Ginchiyo becomes useless, Luxray deserves better than that :\

Blog Entries

Just one more thing: You lose all your items when you start the other episodes right? Because I don't want to lose my evolution stones without using at least one of them.
    @Winterdaze;
    Glaceon would be at the last quarter of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    How far through the main campaign is Glaceon available? Besides being my favourite Eeveelution, it seems like a good choice given that the final bosses apparently use powerful dragons.
    Kinda miffed that Ginchiyo becomes useless, Luxray deserves better than that :\
    At that point you should prob have 1-2 castles left to take over. That means you will definitely have Nobunaga left to take out. And since he has a dragon, it is a perfect point in time to beable to obtain Glaceon. I got my Glaceon unintentionally be reaching a certain link when i was in Nixtorm.

Depends. Yukimura's Charizard is an absolute monster, for instance; Flamethrower and Flying-type give it insane range, and it can have Last Bastion, which makes it an unstoppable soloing machine. The hero's Glaceon makes Nobunaga trivial. Both Hideyoshi's Infernape and Kanbei's Chandelure have Fire Spin, which can be catastrophically powerful. Kai's Darmanitan has Fire Blast, which covers a truly impressive area. And for generics, Gyarados is just a terrifying beast as always.

You're bound to get duds, and fully-evolved Pokemon are slower in general. But Rhyperior, Luxray, and Serperior are pretty much the only Pokemon off the top of my head where it's almost certainly not worth evolving them. For most Pokemon it's a matter of playing style: faster and a bit weaker, or stronger but slower?
    Basically everything he/she said. A Pokemon can be useless or incredibly useful depending on how you like to play and depending on the pokemon's Warrior/Warlord. there will be a lot of experimenting. Yukimura
    s Charizard is pretty nice, although I preffer my Charizard with one of my warlords who has the Added Bonus warrior skill. Charizard is strong as is, leaving enemies burned with diminished attack is wonderful.

Any pokemon with Fire Spin is great. Fire Spin with the right warrior skill is incredible. I had a flinching warrior skill, so with 4-5 hits in and FS's AoE, it was making my battles incredibly easy.

I would add Ampharos to those bad fully evolved Pokemon. Serperior is just incredibly weak. Rhyperior is worse than Luxray/Ampharos because it doesnt have the Range it needs to position itself for its attack. So if a pokemon is riding your @** your SOL. Accuracy sucks, and it can only be used once every other turn. God forbid you use him in snow...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Who else (and what Pokemon) do you have on-hand?
    Eevee, Jigglypuff, Rhyperior, Gallade, Gurrdurr, Kirlia, Charmeloen, Prinplup, Simisear, Simipour, Onix, Sandile, Sneasal, Tepig, Sewaddle, Venipede, Carnivine, Luxio, Machop, Timburr, Ralts, Spheal, Wooper, Starly, Staravia, Rufflet, Ekans, Pineco, Pichu, Drilbur, Meowth, Rhyhorn, Darmuka, Cubchoo, Pansage, Panpour, Beedrill, Aron, Arnith, Magikarp, and Chingling.

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post

Basically everything he/she said. A Pokemon can be useless or incredibly useful depending on how you like to play and depending on the pokemon's Warrior/Warlord. there will be a lot of experimenting. Yukimura
    s Charizard is pretty nice, although I preffer my Charizard with one of my warlords who has the Added Bonus warrior skill. Charizard is strong as is, leaving enemies burned with diminished attack is wonderful.

Any pokemon with Fire Spin is great. Fire Spin with the right warrior skill is incredible. I had a flinching warrior skill, so with 4-5 hits in and FS's AoE, it was making my battles incredibly easy.

I would add Ampharos to those bad fully evolved Pokemon. Serperior is just incredibly weak. Rhyperior is worse than Luxray/Ampharos because it doesnt have the Range it needs to position itself for its attack. So if a pokemon is riding your @** your SOL. Accuracy sucks, and it can only be used once every other turn. God forbid you use him in snow...
    Ampharos/Luxray are nice when you're battling on a field like Cragspur, with the boulders you can attack, since it makes it easier to reach them. Their ability to 'snipe' Pokemon is really useful as well. If you have a large fight with both team's Pokemon mixed in close together, then using a move like Ice Beam could be dangerous as it can hit your own Pokemon too. Luxray/Ampharos can pinpoint a specific Pokemon, and safely hit it quite heavily from outside of the battle. It can also be used to pickoff a Pokemon that is weak, allowing your team to get in a better position, or get a Pokemon trying to run away.

Rhyperior's only use for me is on a small battlefield; somewhere like Illusio, where most of the fights take place on each of the 4 main platforms, which are quite small. It can be played defensively really well there, using Shingen's ability to boost it's damage. Even if you do miss, Shingen's ability lasts for 3 turns, so you have plenty opportunity to smash something for an incredibly high hit, while having great Defense and Health, making it great for defending the banner.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast