Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

A game error has been discovered.
    The ability Shackle's description is incorrect.

Shackle guarantees a hit from the move that is being used.
    In fact, the move doesn't ever hit when the ability doesn't activate from what I've seen. (at least with Quagsire anyway).

100 battles so far, and the same thing happens.

Blog Entries

Well, that answers one question, but how does one stall the end of a mission without them getting too powerful for you to handle?
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

So I have a question about recruiting. If you couldn't recruit a warrior the first time, will you be able to go back and try to recruit them?

Also, I hear that its optional whether you fight Shingen or Kenshin, and winning against one means the other will automatically affiliate with you. So let's say I fight Shingen, does this mean that I cannot fight the special warriors from Kenshin's castle (Kanetsugu and Aya) and recruit them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanetsugu View Post
    The links get reset when you start a new one, so it really doesn't matter. Unless, you want to evolve some Pokemon that could be handy in the next episode.
    That doesn't mean the Warlords will revert back to their earlier ranks if the links reset does it?
    Last edited by The Outrage; 21st July 2012 at 05:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    That doesn't mean the Warlords will revert back to their earlier ranks if the links reset does it?
    If you get a Warlord to transform, then have the links reset, they will still be in there higher forms. For example I got Ginchiyo to go thru her transformation, and she was still second rack when I got her in the post-game. I Hope we're taking about the same thing here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    If you get a Warlord to transform, then have the links reset, they will still be in there higher forms. For example I got Ginchiyo to go thru her transformation, and she was still second rack when I got her in the post-game. I Hope we're taking about the same thing here.
    Yup, we are. I guess I really shouldn't bother going out of my way raising the links for my Warlords in an episode unless I'm planning to rank them up before it ends.

Blog Entries

Ok, I'm going to ask again, how does one go about this business of getting warriors and finding their best links, and all without the game kicking your butt?

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Ok, I'm going to ask again, how does one go about this business of getting warriors and finding their best links, and all without the game kicking your butt?
    Well... Just make sure to get those special, uncommon characters with a warlord; final hit preferably to get them. To find their special link, just check their type references and make them go to battle and check if the coin above the wild Pokemon is gold or take the easier route and check online.
    Just make sure to train and put all your strong warriors at the border of your kingdom and put the weak in the inside of the kingdom and train them.

Blog Entries

So you're telling me that there IS no way to stall, and I just have to get lucky that a certain warrior shows up in one of the kingdoms I control (or fulfill the recruiting requirements while I fight off the other warlords) while I go spearhead a mad charge against my enemies before they get powerful enough to destroy me.

Visit RaichuArcanine77's Youtube Channel

I don't know about anyone else, but I find that Conquest is so addictive. I am really annoyed that I don't get my army back until I complete all those side missions though.
    ~RA~

Banner made by Rayquaza 64 ^^^

So you're telling me that there IS no way to stall, and I just have to get lucky that a certain warrior shows up in one of the kingdoms I control (or fulfill the recruiting requirements while I fight off the other warlords) while I go spearhead a mad charge against my enemies before they get powerful enough to destroy me.
    If you are able to get to the last battle (1 castle left) then you can effectively stall the game. You will NOT be attacked if your Rating is around the same as the opponents. So if you have 1395 and they have 1400, you wont be attacked. This is due to the AI always wanting to have atleast 1 person to defend the castle theyre leaving. Meaning they will only fight with the top 5 out of the 6 in their castle. They also wont have any reinforcements. So basically, take your opponents Rating, subtract its smallest Rating contribution, and thats what they will have. So if you have 2 strong parties blocking routes (since every castle has atleast 2 routes) they the opponent wont do anything. Assuming youve passed the point where your enemies will notice you've become baws mode taking a bunch of castles and they rally against you, the only way your opponent can level is by fighting wild pokemon. They'll get stronger, but not that much stronger. At that point, youre free to do whatever until your opponent out ranks you. if youre playing right, they shouldnt be able to outrank you.
    Only problem you could have is if the enemy has Dragons. Dragons are hella OP early game, and OP late game. Make sure you have some strong ice pokemon in your teams!

Blog Entries

Oh. That's bad news for me because my current situation has Nobunaga as my strongest opponent, and I have no Ice types. At least not that I know of. Someone I left in Fontaine might've caught something there, I dunno. So the game is lax in how it trains, and it really shouldn't be a problem to outpower them unless you're a total dunce at pokemon.

Oh. That's bad news for me because my current situation has Nobunaga as my strongest opponent, and I have no Ice types. At least not that I know of. Someone I left in Fontaine might've caught something there, I dunno. So the game is lax in how it trains, and it really shouldn't be a problem to outpower them unless you're a total dunce at pokemon.
    Oh. Well then thats quite unfortunate. you can counter his dragon with another dragon (will prob die before it does serious damage) or use a fighting pokemon. I think fighting > Dark (not a pokeexpert), so thats def an option.

Side Note: Im incredibly unhappy with Luxray and Ampharos in this game. They both have Thunder. Thunder is garbage. The hit chance isnt nearly good enough, and if youre fortunate enough to get a hit off, Thunder's damage wont suffice. Its almost impossible to solo with one of these pokemon as the enemy needs to be 3 tiles away in order to get hit. So, if youre trapped in a corner, /gg
    There is a perfect link with Dosetsu. His Warrior Skill is Marksman (acc+ for 3 turns), and if you get the Sprint ability for Luxray that gives it extra range (very important for positioning with Thunder) this is your best bet for a good Luxray. Unfortunately I have my Warlord Ginchiyo with a Luxray.. im not even going to bother her. Or ill just use a Luxio for her.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Try and find a Spheal/Sealeo and evolve it to Walrein.
    Blizzard does a ton of damage to help beat most of them.

It was actually the reason I was able to defeat Nobunga.

Umbreon is a solid defense and attack against most of the Dragons, same with Wigglytuff.

Rhyperior is a great shield against Zekrom.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I am currently stuck at the Dark temple of that darn Zoroark and Scrafty. My Machop and Timburr do little damge to them, and I still have no idea how to evolve Eevee into an Espeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I am currently stuck at the Dark temple of that darn Zoroark and Scrafty. My Machop and Timburr do little damge to them, and I still have no idea how to evolve Eevee into an Espeon.
    Have a 70% link of greater with your Eevee and go to Illusio. Partake in an event (battle, mining, ponigiri etc.) and it should eevolve

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 14th January 2012, 06:59 AM