Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 23
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Default Re: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

I just got the American version for my European DSi XL and it doesn't seem to work although I tried it on a friend's european 3DS and it worked fine. WTF? Why would they region lock it for DSis but not 3DSs, I can't see any logic behind that decision.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Got this game last week, and it's fantastic. Chugging along in the post-game now, which could take a while, but still just as fun.

I still haven't been able to get this game. I've checked Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and 2 GameStops. I've also checked Amazon, Target.com, Walmart.com, Bestbuy.com, KMart.com, and Gamestop.com. The only place I found it was on Amazon, but it's for 45 dollars, and I'm not paying that much extra.

I've enjoyed playing the ROM of this game - beaten the first three "cities". And then BW2 started leaking :)

Anyway as soon as the EU version reaches Germany, I'll ask my friend there buy Pokemon Conquest and mail it to me. I would import it from US, but this regional lock stuff makes me a bit wary. This game is a must have, it's small but fun and buying it would encourage developers to do something new and interesting like Conquest (anyone up for Pokemon + Final Fantasy crossover? lol ^)).

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    I just got the American version for my European DSi XL and it doesn't seem to work although I tried it on a friend's european 3DS and it worked fine. WTF? Why would they region lock it for DSis but not 3DSs, I can't see any logic behind that decision.
    It wouldn't surprise me if it working on PAL 3DS consoles was a mere oversight during the game's development, as opposed to a logical decision.

Anyways, my older brother works at a HMV in London and has a staff discount, so he's told me that if I give him £20 for when the game launches in Europe, he can get one for me with his discount =3

Blog Entries

Anyone hoping for a Pokemon Conquest 2? I love the gameplay, but it feels so simplistic at times. Of course, the sheer variety of Pokemon gives endless possibilities to each battle, but I'm finding myself falling into familiar patterns for each map. It's a repetitive, but still fun. A possible sequel can only improve on that.

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    Anyone hoping for a Pokemon Conquest 2? I love the gameplay, but it feels so simplistic at times. Of course, the sheer variety of Pokemon gives endless possibilities to each battle, but I'm finding myself falling into familiar patterns for each map. It's a repetitive, but still fun. A possible sequel can only improve on that.
    *Throws hand in the air* Yes please.

Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" -Serebii

I'd like to be able to play the first one still :/ Does anyone know where to find it?

Quote Originally Posted by toonytown View Post
    I'd like to be able to play the first one still :/ Does anyone know where to find it?
    You can check online for availabilities. Evidently, where I live, all the EBgames still have it in stock...but that's because they charge $35 (compared to the $30 everyone else does) for the game.

Does anyone know a quick way to level up (or link up, i suppose)? Is there like an item that I can hold or a specific type of battle that will increase my link percentage?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dunceman55 View Post
    Does anyone know a quick way to level up (or link up, i suppose)? Is there like an item that I can hold or a specific type of battle that will increase my link percentage?
    You can do things like mine for gold or buy/invest in stuff.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Harmony Flute supposedly helps with this. Shops that sell it can be upgraded to sell the better version, Harmony Drum. I think one of them's in Dragnor, but there's another one somewhere I recall.

If you're playing a story where people are invading often (you might have to conquer enough nations to tick everyone else off), you can bait invasions and fight their leveled-up Pokemon with yours on the next turn. Having your pokemon deal the finishing blow helps too.
    Oh?

Blog Entries

And the fewer Warriors that participate, the more Link each one gets. The average link of your enemies also seems to be determined by the average link of your Warriors, so it's either best to solo with one Warrior (equipping a Guardian Charm gives the sole Warrior a significant boost) or pair one exceptionally powerful Warrior (with a strength of around 400+) with the one you want to link up.

Blog Entries

I just got to the postgame, and I need to prepare before I do some of the harder missions. I've done four of them so far, the Mitsunari, Kiyomasa, and Masanori trio of eps, and also the Kenshin one. I'm wondering how it is that people find the time to link with pokes, find warriors, and grind up perfect links with this junk because so far, it seems like if you bum rush everything with the right pokes, you'll do fine. Am I supposed to stall the final battle as long as I can, because if so, how does one do that? I'm scared of the game getting enough power to beat the junk out of me if I leave it to it's own devices too long. Also, I've been told there are specific eps that seem the best to build up your forces in, but I don't know which ones they are. It might be the ones where you don't have to battle, but I'm not sure.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Also, I've been told there are specific eps that seem the best to build up your forces in, but I don't know which ones they are. It might be the ones where you don't have to battle, but I'm not sure.
    The links get reset when you start a new one, so it really doesn't matter. Unless, you want to evolve some Pokemon that could be handy in the next episode.

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast