Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 18
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Boxart:

Same as Japanese one, with the English logo.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8d/Takeda_Shingen.png

Where did this come from? I hope we can get artwork for all the rank ups >:

Also hoping that since its being localized, we'll finally get character pages on Bulbapedia for the Warlords. Or that someone on sprite resource will start ripping the other character sprite poses

Registeel has a BST of 14?! So much for Legendary.

Unless I miscounted, Vaporeon has the same BST of Arceus. Wow.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries

But Spriters Resource HAS already ripped all of those, and their pokemon.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    But Spriters Resource HAS already ripped all of those, and their pokemon.
    Thanks!

I hadn't noticed the last time I checked.

The human emotions are really funny, and just as before, best.pokemon.sprites.ever.

Blog Entries
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Yeah, this game visually is really cool. I hope that the main series adopts this style (well, obviously without the Samurai get up; I mean, in regards to sprites for human characters).

Stopping the Apocalypse Hachidori's Avatar

The more I see, the more I want.

It'd be great if the main series did this type of Pokemon sprite art.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Registeel has a BST of 14?! So much for Legendary.

Unless I miscounted, Vaporeon has the same BST of Arceus. Wow.
    There's some clear stat-bias. I honestly stopped looking at the stats when I noticed the Eeveelutions weren't made equal. I mean, there's making their BST equal and accidentally getting screwed over by the distribution (like Flareon), and then there's blatantly saying "I think this should be weaker because."

EDIT: http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Plus_Nobunaga_no_Yabou#Characters

They actually have a fairly good guide of who's from what nation

EDIT2: At least on some of the character pages, there's a Conquest section that tells their story for those who want spoilers.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 8th April 2012 at 03:07 AM.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad to see this game localized. I'll definitely be playing this one with my friends. ^^

The base stat total inequality strikes me as rather strange, although in the end a Pokemon's useability is determined only partially by the total, plus where the stats are and what moves it knows. I'd like to see it in action first.
    Oh?

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The sprites somewhat remind me of the Xtranciever convos in BW, but much better.

Blog Entries

According to Serebii, the Australian Classification Board has rated the game (it's a "G" rating btw) under it's original name Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, confirming a release over there.

What is interesting is, I was thinking the other day about whether the "Pokémon Conquest" name will be used outside of America. After all, Super Pokémon Rumble was changed to "Pokémon Rumble Blast" over there.

Just hope there are no 'modern' pokemon like voltorb or magnamite, unless in a bonus time travel quest where you end up fighting Giovanni and Mewtwo

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I love how one small detail is going to be people's deciding factor whether its good or not--while people here may not be saying it, I know there are others who cling on a single detail to make an otherwise awesome game bad.

I do want an explanation for Mewtwo, but given that its a cross-over, I'm willing to accept that in an alternate reality, Mewtwo may have been brought into existence by other means. After all, if Mew becomes all the Pokemon, why not Mewtwo?
    How about a time travel side quest where you end up in the future (modern day Kanto) and you have to fight Giovanni and Mewtwo

Blog Entries

What on earth are you talking about? The game's out, we know what's happening. There's no time travel quest.

This is also a spin-off title. I don't know what your obsession with Team Rocket is either, but they're gone. Deal with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGrunt78 View Post
    Just hope there are no 'modern' pokemon like voltorb or magnamite, unless in a bonus time travel quest where you end up fighting Giovanni and Mewtwo
    Gurdurr is in the game and girders were not invented until 1848; a few hundred years after the unification of Japan which this game is loosely based on occurred (mid-1500s). Here is a list of obtainable Pokémon.

Also, Giovanni does not appear in this game. This is a spin off title with no connection to the main series of RPGs.

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast