Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 16

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Pok

Quite possibly the best artwork for Pokemon, ever.
    Isaac Gravity likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Now if only someone would rip the character sprites.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Possibly, but the stat distributions are fairly inconsistent. Once again, Flareon gets the worst treatment; a stat total of 17 may be good compared to most Pokémon, but the other Eeveelutions have at least a total of 18. In fact, Vapreon and Leafeon are the only ones with a stat total of 19 and a move whose power is 4. Some programmer was being biased, and I don't care for that one bit.

This goes on. For instance, compare Registeel to Articuno and Terrakion; that's a pretty massive gap. Part of the problem is working with a 1-5 range, but they could have done a better job.
    Isaac Gravity and Saiga like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Possibly, but the stat distributions are fairly inconsistent. Once again, Flareon gets the worst treatment; a stat total of 17 may be good compared to most Pokémon, but the other Eeveelutions have at least a total of 18. In fact, Vapreon and Leafeon are the only ones with a stat total of 19 and a move whose power is 4. Some programmer was being biased, and I don't care for that one bit.

This goes on. For instance, compare Registeel to Articuno and Terrakion; that's a pretty massive gap. Part of the problem is working with a 1-5 range, but they could have done a better job.
    Yeah, I basically stopped looking at that after I took a quick glance at the Eeveelutions and realized how terrible it was.

@Samurott
    I'm more interested in seeing the supposed character evolutions. Hopefully people on spriter's resource would take interest in this game and we'd get some nice sprites.

User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

I have a question, since I've seen mixed information on this subject--are these games DSi enhanced? And are they region-locked?

Sadly it looks like these games are less and less likely to be released outside of Japan, so I'd like to know if I can play this game on an American DS Lite or DSi if worse comes to worse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSapphire View Post
    I have a question, since I've seen mixed information on this subject--are these games DSi enhanced? And are they region-locked?
    It was confirmed in January that the game is DSi-enhanced:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Online retailer Amazon has posted higher resolution box-art for the upcoming game; Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition. This boxart confirms something we thought we saw on the smaller box art, that the game is DSi Enhanced. All games come with a specific product code which dictates the game and the system it runs off of. Normal DS games have NTR, 3DS games have CTR but DSi enhanced games, including Black & White, have the code TWL. Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition's code features TWL. It is currently unknown whether or not this means the game is region locked, as many DSi Enhanced games are or if the game utilised the special DSi features including more RAM, WPA online compatibility and the camera. We'll bring more as it comes
    Nothing has been said since.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It was confirmed in January that the game is DSi-enhanced:

Nothing has been said since.
    Well that's disappointing. I hope a definitive answer on whether or not it's region-locked comes to light soon.

Blog Entries

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was "DSi-enhanced" only to use WPA

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If they're like Black and White, you can only play them on the normal DS and DS Lite.

El_
    Blog Entries

Still sucks that this may not come to the US though :/ The artwork is epic and I would really like to play it.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

I'll be importing as soon as I can. The lack of response on forums says it all. The only discussion to be had is either on gameFAQs or 4chan.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

I've been reading up on the wikis about the characters and, from a brief glance, it looks like the Pokemon choices for each Bushou were pretty fitting. For example Muneshige Tachibana, the bushou who owns the Mukkubird line, is linked to the wind element in Samurai Warriors and all of his weapons are basically references to wind deities like Fuujin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    If they're like Black and White, you can only play them on the normal DS and DS Lite.
    Black and White are DSi enhanced. Not sure about region-locked, but they are DSi enhanced and playable on the 3DS as well.

Blog Entries

Oh, what I meant was if you import them from Japan you can only use the DS or DS Lite unless you own a Japanese DSi or 3DS.

My Japanese Black, for example, won't work on my American DSi or 3DS (at-least, I believe so) because for some stupid reason DSi enhanced games are region-locked, but it will play on my American DS Phat.

Blog Entries

I can't wait to see art of evolved Bushou

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 14th January 2012, 06:59 AM