Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread - Page 14
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

I'm happy about the possibility of this game being released in Europe, cause I'm already sick of constant arguments whether it will reach Western audiences or not. It's not a full confirmation, but seeing the positive track record of many Japanese titles (MH3G and The Last Story being the most recent ones) makes me optimistic about Nobunaga's Ambition as well.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Pokémon x Nobunaga's Ambition" - New Pokemon Game Announced for DS - NEW PICS!

Well, it doesn't exactly cure the arguments, but it is optimistic at best. It doesn't help those of us in the states, though, which I will be infuriated if we'll have to import just to have an English version. Hopefully, NOA sees the folly of such a notion and gets us the localization as well.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

I don't live in the US, but I also hope this game arrives state side, especially if it turns out to be good. I agree, having to import something sucks. :p

Black 2

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

It definitely will be. Other games were skipped from that broadcast, implying that the ones that were shown will be localized.
    Think about it, if they weren't making those games for English releases, why would they show them as opposed to the other japanese games?

Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" -Serebii

lol at first i wasnt sure how the game was going to look and if it was gonna be worth getting but with the pics and the video i am seriously beginning to chnage my mind

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Well, it doesn't exactly cure the arguments, but it is optimistic at best. It doesn't help those of us in the states, though, which I will be infuriated if we'll have to import just to have an English version. Hopefully, NOA sees the folly of such a notion and gets us the localization as well.
    Operation Ransefall if not? =3

Blog Entries

I would wait until the game's release in Japan. If it does well, then maybe they will be on board for localization. I personally do not understand why some are so reluctant to even give this game a look. Then again, I am in a fandom where most of the base refuses to go past the second gen. Regardless, I feel like I have to say my peace on this.

Nobunaga's Ambition is almost a misnomer for this. It doesn't play like the series at all. In fact, the only likeness I can gather is that it's a turn based strategy game, and it features figures from the Sengoku era of Japan. Everything else has nothing to do with it whatsoever. It's not even the same kind of turn based strategy, as this game takes it's gameplay from things like FF Tactics, Fire Emblem, and Disgaea. (among others) As for the characters, even though they are technically the same, the design and I think also the characterization come more from Samurai Warriors. True, Koei likes to do that regardless, but I cannot help but think it was their intention to use the SW characters over their more historically accurate counterparts. This becomes more evident upon the realization that they wanted to cross over with Dynasty Warriors originally. I think it was a good idea for them to use the Samurai Warriors characters instead.

For those afraid of the concept of a game based on Japanese history, I will tell you that all Samurai Warriors games that I know of received a localization. I am aware that few Nobunaga's Ambition games got a localization, but this game is so different, I am willing to forget any connection with that series whatsoever and instead focus on SW. The only other argument I can present is that HG/SS was localized with all the Japanese cultural references intact. (at least for the most part) B/W has a kept Japanese vocal track. I see no reason for this fandom, which is so deeply ingrained into Japanese things to be so afraid of this idea. It could be educational, I know I certainly learned a lot of Japanese history trying to figure out what this junk is. If you are afraid of this wrecking your perceived image of pokemon, then I have no reason to believe that this game will be that harsh. B/W dealt with the morality of pokemon training, and it's still considered a kids' game. (or at least it still got an E rating) This game is being sold as having an A by CERO's standards, which is the equivalent of our E rating. I don't think we're going to see killing or too many adult themes. To tell the truth, I don't know what to expect since we don't know the plot, but if it is Darker and Edgier, then I would expect at least an MD level of that sort of thing.

I think this game could be fun. MD already has some of the elements that I've seen are in this game, except your movement is a lot more restricted, and the battlefields aren't merely rooms connected by hallways. Make no mistake, though that they are still full of hazards that you'll have to consider as you try to maneuver around your opponents. I still don't know if pokemon only have one attack or if they have more that are available to you. (so far, all pokes have shown only one attack) I am really interested and want to play this, and I have never played a strategy game before in my life. I wasn't even interested in them because I thought it would be too much for my head to handle. This game seems to have toned those elements down, though, or made them non-existent. Make no mistake, if you are a fan of strategy games, then I think this game will be horribly lacking since it doesn't involve stuff like economy (that I'm aware of), or having to raise massive hordes of soldiers. Those of you that have played MD know perfectly well how much strategy was employed there; know how to position yourself and what attacks to do what. I think that is the strategy being employed here, along with the matter that the comp can come and try to conquer you if it so desires. (this element is only implied as I have not really seen it in action, but at least the game makes it appear as if you can be attacked at any time) It can be difficult in it's own way, make no mistake about that. This thing even has a postgame, although I don't know entirely what that means yet. Considering what you would have at your disposal at that point, though, I imagine it'll be even harder.

That is what I have to say about this. If it enlightens you, then I did my job. You can choose to ignore me, as that is your own prerogative. I just wanted to clear things up for those who didn't fully understand what this is. If none of that interests you, then I will understand, but know that others are interested and they should be given a chance as well.

asdfjkl; this looks awesome. Like Pokemon is getting a little edgier. Hope it'll be available in the U.S...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

If this is anything like Final Fantasy Tactics A2, sign me up.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Blog Entries

Famitsu's score: Viewing Single Post From: Pokémon + Nobunaga&#39;s Ambition

That'll probably disappoint some people, that it's not too hard, but it's Pokemon, what do you expect? For the main story to not be too long is expected, but I wonder what it is that makes the overall experience last that long. I won't ask, since I know we'll find out eventually.

EDIT: Serebii has new images, but they don't reveal much.

Evidently, the characters can have a lot of pokemon, perhaps even a full team of 6. I take it you can only use one at a time, though.
    CONFIRMED: Ginchiyo is the Electric leader.

He also points out something I didn't notice: Some of the characters are highlighted in gold in their portrait/pokemon display, and most of them that are highlighted in this way are the leaders; however, upon investigation, I don't think it means what he thinks it does, since I thought YOU were the leader of the Normal region, yet Oichi is also highlighted in gold. This could either mean you share leadership, or this gold highlight means something else. I looked at other trailers/vids, and noticed Muneshige is also highlighted in gold. I think he IS right, though, that the minor characters have a grey background.
    Last edited by Dragon Char; 7th March 2012 at 10:09 AM.

BattleFanatic Eitarou's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Editorial BoardModerator
    Blog Entries

Well it's not too bad of score, right?

That's around...85 percent I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Eitarou View Post
    Well it's not too bad of score, right?
    Of course it's a good score. But since it was given by Famitsu, take it with a grain of salt.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It's a spin-off title, what do you expect? They always receive lower scores than the core titles.

Blog Entries

Too bad it's going to be easy. I was hoping for PMD-level difficulty, which was sufficient for this type of game IMO.

Buuuut the score is good so I'm picking it up anyway.

Black 2

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

8.5/10 is still a very good overall score.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast