Pokemon Conquest Artbook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pokemon Conquest Artbook

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Conquest Artbook

So I found this post on tumblr regarding a Pokemon Conquest artbook, and the user kindly scanned and uploaded the pages on drop-box here

Anyone read Japanese and know if the art book says anything interesting? There's full-body artwork and everything from this book, including non-sprite artwork of the Warlord's expressions, and their Rank II outfits (though you don't get the full profile)

A few sample artwork:

Kai and Magoichi greeted by the female traveling merchant

No defending Spectra against Ginchiyo and Muneshige

Nene, Mitsunari, Masanori, and Kiyomasa enjoying some Ponigiri

Yukimura and Tepig

Masamune and Braviary flying over Avia

Again, more images (courtesy of this tumblr user) can be found at this dropbox
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd January 2013 at 10:29 AM.
    Zeb, jokool, Yato and 7 others like this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Conquest Artbook

This artbook puts the B2W2 concept art to shame. I guess that some artists are more productive than others are.
    Guy_Spy likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    This artbook puts the B2W2 concept art to shame. I guess that some artists are more productive than others are.
    It certainly does. There isn't art just for a single character model for every character we have, there's art for every single expression the Warlords make and all the standard warriors. While I certainly wish we got a full-scale model for the Rank II, even getting cut-off images is amazing. Game Freak doesn't even give us NPC art work.

It's such a shame that the Pokémon fandom seems to have ignored this game. If we had high quality scans of this art book, I'm sure the Bulbapedia pages for Pokemon Conquest would be the most amazing.

We actually have artwork for every single kingdom.

kingdom_1.pngkingdom_2.pngkingdom_3.pngkingdom_4.png

Now I know where people have been getting this from. Of course, since this high-quality art is floating online, I'd like to think there's high quality of those other kingdoms as well....or at least the cook artwork we have here.
    Trainer Yusuf and Guy_Spy like this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Holy Hell, now that's some art. Surprised at the dedication put into this game, considering how its likely a one time spin-off. Hopefully it isn't, and the world is expanded, cause this is as beautiful as beautiful gets. Makes the main series look dull. Also, doesn't this kind confirm that those big sprites in game aren't sprites, but really just low-resed art?
    Last edited by Mitzman!; 3rd January 2013 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries

The portion near the end also seems to explain some of the more common over-world events...I wonder if it also explains that situation I had where Hanbei left my army (Hideyoshi's episode) when I lost a kingdom. I didn't know what would happen since I didn't save....apparently he comes back and something good happens?

Either way, this seems like an amazing source of information that I can't read.

El_
    Blog Entries

Conquest was quite easily one of the best spin-offs IMO, it really shows that they put in a good bit of effort into the game and I do think there will be more to come in its future. Art is beautiful and really captures the feel very well. Almost wish that there were an animated trailer for this, but this art is welcome too.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Those look really beautiful. I assume the illustrators of Nobunaga's Ambition drew those? Since it's a crossover game, I wouldn't be surprised that they would create separate illustrations on their own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Those look really beautiful. I assume the illustrators of Nobunaga's Ambition drew those? Since it's a crossover game, I wouldn't be surprised that they would create separate illustrations on their own
    What do you mean "separate illustrations on their own"? The only thing TPC did in making this game was to give Tecmo Koei permission to do so. Any Pokemon Conquest artwork you see is made by them.

Seriously, look at the dedication. They even drew all the Pokemon that appeared in the game with their unique poses, despite the fact that there is already official artwork of these Pokemon from Game Freak. I have never seen any other spin-off give so much attention, even to the individual species, when making art.

What I like about this art though is that I initially thought the human characters didn't seem to fit well with the Pokemon, but seeing actual scenery with humans and Pokemon interact, they fit in quite nicely.
    Trainer Yusuf likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Hot damn, there's the pokémon artwork as well? Thought it was just the characters, but this makes it more awesome. I've been looking for a higher resolution of these. Wonder if there's a clearer scan of them...

Also, dat Kunoichi and Ina. Damn.

Blog Entries

If only there was artwork like this for the main series games. :\

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

El_
    Blog Entries

I wonder if its possible good feedback from this artbook could inspire a much better main series artbook later on.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Really nice looking art. I'm a sucker for official nice looking drawings of Pokémon. I also like the detail on a lot of the clothing and armor. Makes me wanna get Conquest (which I most likely will).

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tecmo Koei sure is different from Game Freak.

It's neat to see these unique approaches to a franchise when it's licensed in spinoff.

Magoichi totally gives me Brock vibes.

By the way, hanbei does come back after he leaves after a while. He says something about "having to take time to think to himself" or something. He brings a few items back.
    Last edited by 33Whimsicott33; 3rd January 2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Oh?

Blog Entries

....I had no idea there was an artbook! D: Oh my god the art is absolutely amazing ahh. Such a beautiful style that I really, really hope they use in the future. Thanks so much for sharing!

Blog Entries

I didn't know they made full body renditions for the warlords. The art makes sense, though. The very same images are in the game itself, but it's nice to see it on actual paper. They always took great care in how their characters and stuff are portrayed, and indeed they did a good job on pokemon despite that it isn't their property. Although that's kind of disappointing when another company can do better than you with your own stuff.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast