Pokemon Black & White VS. Pokemon Black & White 2 - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which did you prefer?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Black & White

16 30.77%
  • Pokemon Black 2 & White 2

36 69.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokemon Black & White VS. Pokemon Black & White 2

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Black & White VS. Pokemon Black & White 2

Post game bw2 wins. Story wise I like both. I dont feel 2 let down 1 as a sequel. Thats always hard to do.

Blog Entries

Let's see:

Gameplay: B2W2 obviously had the better gameplay.

Music: I am going with B2W2 again, although some tracks were terrible (almost every track from the PWT are good examples) and BW had some gorgeous tracks, like Ghetsis, Bianca/Cheren and both of N's battle themes.

Storyline: BW wins here, these are the games with the best storyline in the Pokémon franchise. B2W2 storyline was okay, but it was just the closure of BW plot.

Characters: I like Hugh, he had an interesting storyline, but he wasn't exactly a good rival. I honestly prefer Bianca and Cheren, the two rivals of BW. I love the development they got through the game. The new GLs of B2W2 are awesome, specially Marlon, but I missed Lenora as one of them... Colress is amazing and I really wish he was in BW. The protagonists were so-so. Rosa is waaaay better than Hilda, but Nate isn't even close to be as awesome as Hilbert was. I guess B2W2 wins here.

Post game: B2W2, of course, since BW had no post game and B2W2 had a lot. Even though part of the post game was boring, like the Pokémon World Tournament. White Treehollow/Black Skyscraper and PokéStar studios were quite fun. Anyway, the thing is, I don't care much about post game that much, I usually only play the main storyline, so...

Dex: I don't care much about older Pokémon being in the dex, but it was certainly nice to have more options to choose, so B2W2 wins here.

Uh, in the end I think B2W2 were better games, but I guess I enjoyed playing BW a bit more. I am gonna vote in BW because personal enjoyment is what really matters in the end.

It's a tough choice indeed. But I think B2W2 are the Serperior games of Gen V. Better characters, better story, better content...
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

That Guy in the Corner MoonBlazer's Avatar

Hmm, well this is a good question, but I personally like B/W2 the best, for PokeStar Studios, more older Pokemon early on, better story, and the better rival. Of course, this is just my opinion.
    Black 2 Team Members:

Wooly (Ampharos) - Level 44, Male
    Matt (Umbreon) - Level 56, Male
    Horace (Gyarados) - Level 50, Male
    Zero (Blaziken) - Level 61, Male
    Sawsbuck (Sawsbuck) - Level 45, Female
    Nova (Lunatone) - Level 50, Genderless

Blog Entries

I don't know if it's really possible to compare Black & White to Black 2 & White 2. It's almost like apples to oranges as both served a different purpose for the series. The former was an attempt at revamping the series while the latter changed the pace and expectancy. I think, though, that based solely upon either's plots, Black 2 & White 2 were the superior games. They did a great job of raising a bar for the series. I also found the variety of Pokemon much more pleasing. I understand Black & White's attempt to create a level playing field for both old and new players, but I often found myself without a lot of options.

But like I said, it's difficult to truly compare the two, and in their own right they were both impressive.

I'd probably have to say Black2 and White2.

Blog Entries

Black 2 and White 2 for me definitely.

It pretty much fixed all the problems I had with Black and White: the you-almost-can't-lose difficulty, boring uninspired routes (hi there Route 5!) and the lack of varied Pokémon to catch in the early-midway point of the game.

The only thing that I think Black and White does better is the already mentioned story. I don't suffer poor gameplay for average plot, so story isn't high on my list of wants.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

It's a tough call since I enjoy both games. I think that B/W has a better storyline and much better rivals than B2/W2. The storyline in B2/W2 was okay, but served more as closure to the storyline from the first games more than anything else. That's not bad by any means, but it didn't stand out as much for me in comparison either. I liked Hugh's storyline, but he wasn't much of an interesting rival. Cheren and especially Bianca were more interesting because of the development they went through during the course of the games. Pretty much everything about Bianca's development is one of my favorite aspects of B/W. I thought that N was a really interesting character and I do like how we see more of the result of his growth in B2/W2, so that would be a tie. The new Gyms in B2/W2 were okay, although I didn't care much for Marlon being the last one, and the climax against Team Plasma against Corless and Ghestis was really engaging to the point where I didn't want to stop playing for hours. Corless himself is a pretty good and interesting antagonist.

The main things that B2/W2 have over the original games are actual post-storyline content and expansion of the Unova region. A couple of my main issues with B/W was how there was pretty much nothing to do after defeating the Elite 4 and Unova felt like a really small region. B2/W2 provided some much needed post-storyline content that really makes it easier to level up my teams without going through the Elite 4 twenty times and the new areas it introduced made Unvoa feel more complete instead of extremely small. To be fair though, I still think part of why I felt that way with B/W was because of playing through D/P/Pl and HG/SS in the previous generation where the regions were larger and in HG/SS's case, I got to go to two regions. Anyway, while B2/W2 provides better post-storyline content and expands the Unova region, I'm going to go with B/W for the better storyline and better characters.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

While I enjoyed BWs plot and rivals. I just had a much better experience playing B2W2. It had better music, a better assortment of mons to choose from, and some how made areas only two years old give you nostalgia.

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

I voted BW because I felt the storyline was much stronger and despite the lack of content post-game compared to BW2, BW2 just did not engage me the same way, it didn't really work upon the points it should have done from the original games. I felt storyline wise also BW2 were a big step backwards despite all the promise it showed. It initially felt like BW2 would be as awesome and different as BW was but I was disappointed by the end, which just slipped back into the old habits of Pokemon games. I enjoyed how different BW were. It just felt... lackluster.

So its BW for me.
    Reila and Owain like this.

+ Black 2: 2581 1942 8822
    Serperior - Magmortar - Lucario - Zororak - Espeon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post
    I voted BW because I felt the storyline was much stronger and despite the lack of content post-game compared to BW2, BW2 just did not engage me the same way, it didn't really work upon the points it should have done from the original games. I felt storyline wise also BW2 were a big step backwards despite all the promise it showed. It initially felt like BW2 would be as awesome and different as BW was but I was disappointed by the end, which just slipped back into the old habits of Pokemon games. I enjoyed how different BW were. It just felt... lackluster.

So its BW for me.
    That's exactly what I was going to post, gosh, B2W2 was just so... underwhelming, and when you compare that to the wonder that were the originals, they don't even come close to comparing.

Again, this is my oppinion, feel free to disagree or agree with it, but I'm warning you beforehand, I will not read any page-long-rants that get sento to me (This has happened).
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post

So its BW for me.
    Thanks for your post, you said everything I wanted to but couldn't find the right words.

Btw, you avatar is very cute.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

BW had a better plot IMO, so it wins, but BW2 gets the honor of having old Pokémon and Colress.
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

I personally preferred Black and White 2. The originals were great, but B2W2 just improved on them. There are so many things to do after beating the Champion in B2W2. Black Tower/White Treehollow, Pokestar Studios, PWT, a plethora of legendaries, in addition to the things from BW such as the Battle Subway. After getting used to the amount of content in the new Unova, the BW Unova just seems so dry and boring. I wondered how I ever spent so much time in it.

Blog Entries

I don't really care about post-game features, what means a lot to me is the main game/plot/main battles and they are way better in BW.

B2W2's plot was underwhelming, the salvation grace was Colress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12