Pokemon Bank - Page 78

Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1455
Like Tree892Likes

Thread: Pokemon Bank

Default Re: Pokemon Bank

Quote Originally Posted by edmek55555 View Post

Thats part of the problem. Everyone give them the botd. But really it is that simple. Do I do IT every day as a living? No. But the fact other companies solve this same problem in a couple days, sometimes even same day, makes this very sad

If this were a software issue I would agree that it should be fixed by now and available to all users. From the failure to Nintendo stating they are stress testing, and bank working for the couple hundred that downloaded it before the crash all leads to a hardware issue. This is the worst possible scenario as because this is also the most expensive and by that I mean to the tune of six digits, and the most time consuming. This would be a great time for Nintendo to contact a third party hosting facility and have a couple of lawyers draw up some paperwork for a contract. This is how most large companies would do it, but nintendo has always in the past wanted to keep their stuff in house which is not always the best idea.

Dom
    A veteran is someone who in his or her life wrote a blank check to the government for any amount up to and including my life.

Remember Freedom is not free.

Making my big life tiny. My Tiny Life.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMassey View Post

Thats part of the problem. Everyone give them the botd. But really it is that simple. Do I do IT every day as a living? No. But the fact other companies solve this same problem in a couple days, sometimes even same day, makes this very sad

If this were a software issue I would agree that it should be fixed by now and available to all users. From the failure to Nintendo stating they are stress testing, and bank working for the couple hundred that downloaded it before the crash all leads to a hardware issue. This is the worst possible scenario as because this is also the most expensive and by that I mean to the tune of six digits, and the most time consuming. This would be a great time for Nintendo to contact a third party hosting facility and have a couple of lawyers draw up some paperwork for a contract. This is how most large companies would do it, but nintendo has always in the past wanted to keep their stuff in house which is not always the best idea.

Dom
    We cant really be sure. Nintendo hasnt released any info on anything. If they had I would feel much better about the situation even if we still had a few months to go. But the fact that they are dead silent makes me very suspicious. I dont see why they would just leave fans in the dark. It seems kind of shady. Until they can step up and make an announcement I have to assume it is purely selfish profit driven reasons. I understands feel loyal to nintendo for years of great service but I dont think that is enough reason to excuse their disregard for fans. I feel if a legitimate problem were present there would have been an announcement a while ago. Either way I have lost a lot of trust for the company I normally defend at every turn. But I cant deny this is solely on them and they are digging their grave deeper every day that goes by with no announcement

Nintendo has never been too forthcoming about their goings on. Ever. Back in the NES days people were having issues with the blinking light on new consoles and all we ever got was store your games in the sleeve and if that doesnt help send the unit in for repair. They never offered any at home solutions or even gave us an idea what was wrong. I got lucky my NES didn't do the blinks until it was about 10 years old but my best friend had issues the day out of the box. I would really like it if nintendo would update us once a week or so and let us know they care or are at least looking at solutions, but the company's history says they won't.

Dom
    A veteran is someone who in his or her life wrote a blank check to the government for any amount up to and including my life.

Nintendo has never been too forthcoming about their goings on. Ever. Back in the NES days people were having issues with the blinking light on new consoles and all we ever got was store your games in the sleeve and if that doesnt help send the unit in for repair. They never offered any at home solutions or even gave us an idea what was wrong. I got lucky my NES didn't do the blinks until it was about 10 years old but my best friend had issues the day out of the box. I would really like it if nintendo would update us once a week or so and let us know they care or are at least looking at solutions, but the company's history says they won't.

Dom
    I have had very few issues with nintendo up until this point. But if this is how they deal with problems at the very least it is unprofessional. The fact that there is a problem is rather unprofessional really. But I would be more willing to assume they prepared and something crazy just happened if they would actually show some form of concern

The lack of communication is the norm for Japanese companies, they report when there is something to report. It is just the way their society is.

Dom

The lack of communication is the norm for Japanese companies, they report when there is something to report. It is just the way their society is.

Dom
    In that case they should learn the hard fact that if you are going to be a company that deals with customers worldwide, you had best be transparent.
    Oh wait, I forgot. Historically xenophobic.
    Bolt the Cat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post

Dom
    In that case they should learn the hard fact that if you are going to be a company that deals with customers worldwide, you had best be transparent.
    Oh wait, I forgot. Historically xenophobic.
    Thats very true. Dont go global if you cant stray away from your companies norms. Awful business plan and horribly unprofessional

Blog Entries

may i point out we are criticizing a business when most of us probably dont know alot about a buisness
    Warrior of Fire likes this.

first class asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Miidas View Post
    may i point out we are criticizing a business when most of us probably dont know alot about a buisness
    You dont need to. If fans buy your products and support your company then the company has an obligation to provide wanted services to fans. However nintendo really doesnt care in the least about its fans. Thats like you and your best friend have been friends for 10 years plus. He promises you that he is gonna buy you a car for some big occasion. Then instead of getting the car he comes over, punches you in the face and spits on you. Thats exactly what nintendo did. Got our hopes up and continue to beat us over the face with the fact they are doing absolutely nothing because they dont care

Blog Entries

You dont need to. If fans buy your products and support your company then the company has an obligation to provide wanted services to fans. However nintendo really doesnt care in the least about its fans. Thats like you and your best friend have been friends for 10 years plus. He promises you that he is gonna buy you a car for some big occasion. Then instead of getting the car he comes over, punches you in the face and spits on you. Thats exactly what nintendo did. Got our hopes up and continue to beat us over the face with the fact they are doing absolutely nothing because they dont care

but why are we complaining about pokebank, when pokemon could've easily been cancelled now, or any other franchise?

first class asshole

You dont need to. If fans buy your products and support your company then the company has an obligation to provide wanted services to fans.
    No, they don't. They don't owe us anything. We provide them with money, in exchange for goods. Your reward for giving them money in exchange for products was that product you bought - they're not indebted to you, they're even!

It's worth their while to keep the fans happy, because if they can foster a pleasant relationship with the people who buy their products then we become loyal, we like them, and they like us. But if you don't respect that they're not yet able to provide you with the PokéBank and have faith that they're working as hard as they can, why should they respect someone whose relationship with their franchise is so fairweather that they start kicking off for the sake of a couple of weeks or months without a Groudon?

but why are we complaining about pokebank, when pokemon could've easily been cancelled now, or any other franchise?
    Because we are the reason pokemon hasnt died. We have supported game freak and nintendo and made it possible for the series to florish. Then they promise us something and dont deliver and worst of all, they barely try to fix the issue

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminationTheory View Post
    You dont need to. If fans buy your products and support your company then the company has an obligation to provide wanted services to fans.
    No, they don't. They don't owe us anything. We provide them with money, in exchange for goods. Your reward for giving them money in exchange for products was that product you bought - they're not indebted to you, they're even!

It's worth their while to keep the fans happy, because if they can foster a pleasant relationship with the people who buy their products then we become loyal, we like them, and they like us. But if you don't respect that they're not yet able to provide you with the PokéBank and have faith that they're working as hard as they can, why should they respect someone whose relationship with their franchise is so fairweather that they start kicking off for the sake of a couple of weeks or months without a Groudon?
    But you see the problem is that there ISNT any product. And I am sure everyone likes a good pathological liar. But call me crazy, I dont. When a promise is made it should be kept. And the main issue isnt even that it isnt out. Its that is should be out and nintendo is seeming very shady. Whatever they are doing isnt good. They havent updated us and we know from those that managed to grab it that the product works. I know everyone wants to pretend nintendo is their friend. But they are a business so dont think for a second they arent trying to figure out how to milk this thing for all its worth
    Last edited by edmek55555; 21st January 2014 at 06:37 PM.

Yes, because you definitely don't need to know anything related to business when selling software in over 70 different countries around the world, in (at the bare minimum) seven different languages, simultaneously while discovering that there is a problem with said software.

I mean, really? There IS a reason why there are college degrees for things like this. And Nintendo being obligated to provide you extra services? HAH. Nintendo owes YOU nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SobriquetP View Post
    Yes, because you definitely don't need to know anything related to business when selling software in over 70 different countries around the world, in (at the bare minimum) seven different languages, simultaneously while discovering that there is a problem with said software.

I mean, really? There IS a reason why there are college degrees for things like this. And Nintendo being obligated to provide you extra services? HAH. Nintendo owes YOU nothing.
    I didnt say they didnt need to know business. I said this isnt a business related issue. Its a morality issue. When you promise something you should do everything possible to come through on that promise which nintendo didnt do. They didnt prepare servers so they crashed which is unacceptable on its own. When there is gonna be a huge influx of users you should prepare but that was the first sign of disregard and laziness. And now they are doing nothing to released a finished product. They are either lazy or doing something very shady

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SobriquetP View Post

I didnt say they didnt need to know business. I said this isnt a business related issue. Its a morality issue. When you promise something you should do everything possible to come through on that promise which nintendo didnt do. They didnt prepare servers so they crashed which is unacceptable on its own. When there is gonna be a huge influx of users you should prepare but that was the first sign of disregard and laziness. And now they are doing nothing to released a finished product. They are either lazy or doing something very shady

so they are breaking moral rules as in religious rules for not releasing software they never needed to release

first class asshole

Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast