Like Tree892Likes

Thread: Pokemon Bank

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Bank

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestarfish View Post
    RNG being an exploit isn't a matter of ethics, it isn't an opinion it's a fact...But you don't seem capable of understanding the definition of "exploit" at all so I'm not going to waste my time on it any further. Either way you should know that Nintendo frowns on RNG as well, there just is no way to track or stop it for obvious reasons. *rolls eyes*
    That it is an exploit is again something I never contested or even bought up. The only thing i've ever said is Pokemon via RNG are legit, and that's a fact
    Again, that depends on your personal interpretation of "legit". Take the G1 Mew glitch - done properly, you get a genuine encounter with a generated-normally-by-the-game wild Mew. Does that make the Pokemon legit?
    Is the general concensus not;
    "Legal = Obtained Properly"
    "Legit = Obtained through unscrupulous methods, but otherwise no different from a legal pokemon"
    "Illegal = Obtained through unscrupulous methods and can no way be obtained naturally in-game"
    It's the other way around for legal/legit.

A Pokemon is legitimately obtained in the game, therefore it falls within the game's parameters, thus all legitimate Pokemon are legal. A legal Pokemon isn't legitimately obtained, but its information is otherwise consistent with Pokemon that can be legitimately generated by the game or obtained through events.

Your definition of whether abusing the RNG (and other exploits) counts as legitimate or not is up in the air since you're not using an external device, but either way it's legal, and I don't really see how people expect Pokemon generated from RNG abuse to be blocked--they'd be blocking Pokemon that could realistically exist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    It's the other way around for legal/legit.

A Pokemon is legitimately obtained in the game, therefore it falls within the game's parameters, thus all legitimate Pokemon are legal. A legal Pokemon isn't legitimately obtained, but its information is otherwise consistent with Pokemon that can be legitimately generated by the game or obtained through events.

Your definition of whether abusing the RNG (and other exploits) counts as legitimate or not is up in the air since you're not using an external device, but either way it's legal, and I don't really see how people expect Pokemon generated from RNG abuse to be blocked--they'd be blocking Pokemon that could realistically exist.
    Ah, thanks for the correction. I knew it was along those lines but I just got messed up. Either way, I have no problem at all with any 'legal-or-better' pokemon because...well, they're normal pokemon! I'm not even fussed about unreleased HA starters either, since WT and GTS abuse means we can now have them for ourselves, regardless of the originally intended purpose (not that different from mass producing Happy Hour or Hold Back Smeargle). Likewise, you are correct about RNG. I just see it as people being clever, and as you said, you can't block them without potentially blocking legit pokemon...so there shouldn't be any real debate.

I you haven't heard

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica 7h
    We will share more information about the launch of Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter as soon as possible.

Like when Nintendo , months?

Blog Entries

I get the impression that Pokémon Bank wasn't really finished and now there's frantic patching going on behind the scenes since the e-shop went down anyway. I may well be wrong in my impressions, but given what we're hearing about the Bank's porous nature I wouldn't be surprised
    The Long Walk
    For Joshua Cook, it's a long walk away from his dull life to the Pokémon League. But does he really want to be the very best? A coming-of-age story of adventure, friendship and growing up in the world of Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavell View Post
    I get the impression that Pokémon Bank wasn't really finished and now there's frantic patching going on behind the scenes since the e-shop went down anyway. I may well be wrong in my impressions, but given what we're hearing about the Bank's porous nature I wouldn't be surprised
    I also get this impression. I think it will be awhile until it's released.

Lets hope Pokemon Bank gets fixed soon ,or else the fans will start rioting and stuff. Seriously, why not add a non-internet based in game transfer thingy, like in every previous generation?? They can do that know with e-shop updates know.

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

Follow bluestarfish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PiPie314 View Post
    Lets hope Pokemon Bank gets fixed soon ,or else the fans will start rioting and stuff. Seriously, why not add a non-internet based in game transfer thingy, like in every previous generation?? They can do that know with e-shop updates know.
    It isn't feasible for a game made for the DS to talk to a game made for the 3DS, that is why they are doing things the way they are.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It isn't feasible for a game made for the DS to talk to a game made for the 3DS, that is why they are doing things the way they are.
    AR Searcher. Your argument is invalid.

I calculated the whole Pokébank storage for a single account fits into an old floppy disk. There's no excuse.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

I've pretty much given up on hoping that this app is released before New Years. *sighs*
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Follow bluestarfish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    I'm not making an argument?

Game Freak has flat out said that it is not feasible for older DS games to talk to 3DS games, and it is well known and accepted that they can't?

(Are you talking about the dream radar?)

Your impression is wrong.

There is no problem with Bank in terms of the app working or not.

The problem is the rush to the E-Shop and NNID and all that jazz overloading Nintendo's servers.

Seriously, why not add a non-internet based in game transfer thingy, like in every previous generation?? They can do that know with e-shop updates know.
    The other option, besides an app to work as a go between for 5-6 transferring, is no transferring at all.

so congratulations, your wish has already been granted.

I calculated the whole Pokébank storage for a single account fits into an old floppy disk. There's no excuse.
    Please alert Game Freak and Nintendo of this right now. I'm sure they'll appreciate the vast knowledge Interneter Ziggy StarDust has on what types of games can and cannot communicate while inserted into the 3DS system.

No one has said that Pokemon will take up a ton of storage space, but floppy disks are not exactly super secure.
    8ther, SuperSqueaky and Heredity like this.

Word of God has proclaimed that communication between DS and 3DS games is too different to enable such a thing. The methods for getting a Pokemon from a 3DS app onto a DS game card are likely very different to getting one off of a DS game card and onto a 3DS app.

This might be ignorant, but isn't the PokeBank acting as a go-between for the DS game, Internet Server, and then 3DS game? Because I think both the DS and 3DS games have shown the capability to access pokemon through events and whatnot through the internet right? So they wouldn't directly talk right?

I am not entirely sure, but this is what I thought was going on. =/ I might be entirely wrong.

Blog Entries

@randomspot555 I know why the app was pulled, what I'm saying is that given that Bank apparently transports all pokémon regardless of providence (As far as I can tell from the tangle of rumour, discussion, and discussion of discussion) I get the impression that it is also being patched up before it's re-released to the world
    The Long Walk
    For Joshua Cook, it's a long walk away from his dull life to the Pokémon League. But does he really want to be the very best? A coming-of-age story of adventure, friendship and growing up in the world of Pokémon.

@randomspot555 I know why the app was pulled, what I'm saying is that given that Bank apparently transports all pokémon regardless of providence (As far as I can tell from the tangle of rumour, discussion, and discussion of discussion) I get the impression that it is also being patched up before it's re-released to the world
    Bank being compatible with all regions of Pokemon and not being region locked makes sense since the DS was not a region locked system.

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast