Thread: Pokemon AR Searcher / "Pokémon Dream Radar"

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon AR Searcher

Quote Originally Posted by ironsjack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skaraflame View Post
    It's just a generic silhouette for bird Pokemon.
    Right....

Cos thats the norm, just showing a pokemon that isn't actually a pokemon, just a mixture of all the birds in a silhouette?

FWIW I cannot put my finger on what this is. Spent today looking over it and nothing actually fits in. The two possible outcomes for me is an already known Pokemon with a slightly different looking 3d model, or a new pokemon/forme.
    Well, if it's random encounters, you can't AR grass all over a room, so they'll give generic shapes for each type of Pokemon. They're clearly not going for specific models, purely because they can't fit all them Pokemon in one room on a screen, so it's random encounters.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

What? You said "it's generic silhouette for a bird pokemon". So, you think that the silhouette in question is a generic mix of various bird pokemon, which i'm sure is complete rubbish. In fact, the response you have just given is a jumbled up mess of uninformed rubbish.

"purely because they can't fit all them Pokemon in one room on a screen". Maybe if you found some kind of evidence to back up those farfetch'd (no flying pokemon pun intended ;) ) statements then i can take them a bit more seriously.

Jun

Aha , read Pokejungle, someone asked Masuda. He said "no comment", remember the "Pokemon Scoop" in the next Coro coro.
    Just wait 3 weeks.
    TwinleafShipper Fan

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

The only thing making me doubt that it's Articuno is the shape of the feet. Having looked at the footprints of all bird Pokémon; it doesn't match up to any of them unless the Pokémon is flying away instead of towards the camera. In fact, if we imagine that it's flying away:

Also remember, we were told we will be finding rare Pokémon through this; so the birds might not be a too far-fetched idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsjack View Post
    It's just a generic silhouette for bird Pokemon.
    Right....

Cos thats the norm, just showing a pokemon that isn't actually a pokemon, just a mixture of all the birds in a silhouette?

FWIW I cannot put my finger on what this is. Spent today looking over it and nothing actually fits in. The two possible outcomes for me is an already known Pokemon with a slightly different looking 3d model, or a new pokemon/forme.
    Well, if it's random encounters, you can't AR grass all over a room, so they'll give generic shapes for each type of Pokemon. They're clearly not going for specific models, purely because they can't fit all them Pokemon in one room on a screen, so it's random encounters.
    To be fair, we've only been given two screenshots of the game so far - and only one shows the catching stage. However, judging from the one that shows Ralts being transferred - which shows a 3D model of Ralts as opposed to the B2W2 sprite, I'd say the silhouettes are of actual Pokémon.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Huh, I still think it's a low-poly Archeops explaining the differences in wing shape, but Junichi's comment makes me reconsider...perhaps it is the new Pokemon?

I dunno how I feel about another Bird Pokemon being the big mystery, though...

EDIT: Maybe we should contact the owner of that apartment the screenshot is from? He'd know!

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Aha , read Pokejungle, someone asked Masuda. He said "no comment", remember the "Pokemon Scoop" in the next Coro coro.
    Just wait 3 weeks.
    I swear if hes trolling...

If its a known Pokemon why can't he say anything? As for Articuno, its not just the foot but the thighs are too thick and the wing stubs/claws are something that Articuno doesn't have, which is why I mainly think of Archeops, but there is also a problem there as well.

If its a known bird Pokemon, like I said before it is badly distorted, though I would like to see how a few others look to see if they suffer from the same thing.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Does anyone actually have a link to the tweet where Masuda said "No Comment", because I highly doubt he would say that, when he could just y'know, ignore the tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Does anyone actually have a link to the tweet where Masuda said "No Comment", because I highly doubt he would say that, when he could just y'know, ignore the tweet.
    interesting.

his tweet says "おはようございます!久しぶりです!おお、鋭い!けど、ノーコメントで す!(>_<)"

"good morning! long time no see! ooh, you're sharp! but... no comment (>_<)"

oh masuda, you dog you.

also, i still can't understand folks trying to squeeze articuno into that silouhette. someone show me a bird that works even without "if you alter this" or "if this part was different" or "if its at a really funny angle AND you remove these parts/change this"...

Blog Entries

The way Articuno's tail is folded is unnatural too. Given where the tail supposedly goes behind itself and gets obscured, the tip that hangs out on the left side is far too low.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunyshore View Post
    interesting.

his tweet says "おはようございます!久しぶりです!おお、鋭い!けど、ノーコメントで す!(>_<)"

"good morning! long time no see! ooh, you're sharp! but... no comment (>_<)"

oh masuda, you dog you.
    Lol did he really not expect anyone to raise an eyebrow or two at that silhouette?

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

Right now, I think it's Articuno. It's the closest match with what we have. There are a few things that keep me from saying that for sure though, but taking movement into account, I can easily see Articuno being a possibly. I would imagine that the Pokemon's head would be in the middle of that yellow circle in the pic, so I think that would rule out Archeops.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Blog Entries

Masuda has basically confirmed that the Pokémon isn't supposed to be identified. Why is Articuno still being seriously considered?

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady
    Lol did he really not expect anyone to raise an eyebrow or two at that silhouette?
    He definitely did.

El_
    Blog Entries

Well, if this is a "new" Pokemon then I'm guessing a new forme of something.

Question is, of what? What aside from Kyurem seem like it needed a new forme?

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

emomomonga.

if this bird IS related to our "new pokemon announcement" in a few more weeks, well, we don't know what that is. it might be a brand new pokemon, an evo, a prevo, or a new forme. for personal reasons i think we're getting more than just one "new pokemon" so if this bird is one of them well, how fun :D

all i know is... if we don't get a new pokemon in B2W2 that is a bird with humped wings and a big head plume, and we can't make any other bird fit into the shape (which we should be able to once AR searcher is out), i will be quite grouchy.

El_
    Blog Entries

The problem I have with this being a brand new Pokemon as opposed to a new forme is that it will actually be catchable in BW2, which means not a Gen 6 Pokemon. I would also wonder why would they introduce a few new Pokemon during the hyped influx of old Pokemon in BW2?

I also don't know how many there will be if this bird is new, but if its only a few I would have to wonder what the point of it would be. Not saying that its impossible though, but I'll settle on a new forme.
    Joshawott likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast