Poke Transporter (Transfering Pokemon From Previous Gens) - Page 3

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: Poke Transporter (Transfering Pokemon From Previous Gens)

Default Re: Transfering Pokemon Over From Other Gens

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    The harder part, it seems to me, will be the generating of the models for the transferred Pokémon.
    Doesn't have to. The transfer app could more likely just rely mostly on the menu sprites we all know and love.
    That's a good point. Although if it had been the same way as III to IV and IV to V, then my point would have significant weight to it, but yours does as well.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I thought that the transfer from other generation would just be something put in the post-storyline after they said it was being worked on, but I guess that wouldn't make much sense at this point when the release is just a few months away. An app would be okay, as long as it's free or at the very least cheap.
    Silverwynde and PyroPokeman like this.

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Transfers

I created a thread for this in the past but couldn't find it so I decided o create a new one.

I was wondering if anyone knows if they announced anything yet related to the possibility of the ability to transfer you pokemon on to your DS games to X and Y.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Transfers

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/transfering-pokemon-over-other-gens-151875/

Already a thread for this.

They said they are working on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/transfering-pokemon-over-other-gens-151875/

Already a thread for this.

They said they are working on it.
    Doesn't sound to reassuring in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    I really hope that's how it's handled. If we have another Gen III scenario, it doesn't matter how great X and Y are, PEOPLE WILL GET PISSED. It could very well affect some people's decision as to whether or not they pick up the games. No, I'm not saying it would destroy all sales but it would lead to some very bad feelings down the road. I can still remember the massive amounts of complaints I read online about not being able to transfer from Gen II to Gen III. I really don't want to deal with that sort of thing ever again.

I know will never buy another game again as i have already forked out nearly 400 hours of my life between platinum, heartgold and black 2
    and them saying thee working on it doesn't sound to reassuring to me.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 26th June 2013 at 12:27 PM. Reason: merging double post

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SHINY HEATRAN View Post
    I know will never buy another game again as i have already forked out nearly 400 hours of my life between platinum, heartgold and black 2
    Well, to be fair, it is a bit more reassuring than "no". I am really hoping they'll figure something out, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SHINY HEATRAN View Post
    Well, to be fair, it is a bit more reassuring than "no". I am really hoping they'll figure something out, though.
    OK I think it sorta sounded like he was trying side step the question.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

If they're working on it, how isn't it reassuring?? If they're working on it, they're in the process of creating it. I don't see any reason why GameFreak wouldn't allow people to transfer over their Pokemon, it would annoy too many people, and they know it.

They already said that the main issue is that the DS and 3DS do not (cannot?) directly communicate with each other.

Which seems odd since PBR allowed direct communication between a DS and a Wii.

Blog Entries

They already said that the main issue is that the DS and 3DS do not (cannot?) directly communicate with each other.

Which seems odd since PBR allowed direct communication between a DS and a Wii.
    i think they mean DS to 3DS game communication as the Ds to 3ds Or 3ds to 3ds pokemon transfer and trades work fine with DS gams

Man I couldn't live A DAY without my beloved Frizza on my game cartridge. But I am certain they'll figure something out.
    PyroPokeman likes this.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Basically, another Poke Shifter that is broadcast/downloaded from the 3DS to another DS.

Personally I don't see it also being offered in the eShop as prior to the 3DS, only the DSi has eShop capability; you need something for all the DS Lites (and any DS Fats) still out there.
    Not excluding, could be an app able to connect with another consoles. Via Download Play or similar.

Another option, something that reads directly from an inserted cartridge. The same way Dream Radar interacts with DS cartridges inserted. Simply, you transfer, save into the 3DS storage, and then change cartridge to X/Y and retrieve the transferred poke.

Either way, the only thing I hope, is the capability of transferring both Pokémon AND items. And direct compatibility with Gen IV games too.
    8ther likes this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I really hope that's how it's handled. If we have another Gen III scenario, it doesn't matter how great X and Y are, PEOPLE WILL GET PISSED. It could very well affect some people's decision as to whether or not they pick up the games. No, I'm not saying it would destroy all sales but it would lead to some very bad feelings down the road. I can still remember the massive amounts of complaints I read online about not being able to transfer from Gen II to Gen III. I really don't want to deal with that sort of thing ever again.
    Forgetting the type issues for a moment, if I find that I can't transfer over my Black2 Team to XY, I am going to unleash my rage ;_; The save file is still alive, and I'm pretty attached to my team - I want to keep them with me ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Kyriaki View Post
    Forgetting the type issues for a moment, if I find that I can't transfer over my Black2 Team to XY, I am going to unleash my rage ;_; The save file is still alive, and I'm pretty attached to my team - I want to keep them with me ;_;
    I feel the same way with my Diamond Team, I have people from back in the Ruby/Saphire days on that team, and I hope that when I beat my borrowed black I can transfer them over. I spent my childhood with that team and I intend to keep them with me.

Blog Entries

All I hope is that they don't include a ridiculous mini-game to go along with the transfer, as to somehow make it more "realistic" in that we actually catch them or something.

I just want to transfer my Pokemon without any time consuming, time limited and/or frustrating middle part. Why can't this feature be simple, for once? I really do not want to go through several plays of Poke Transfer again.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast