Poke Transporter (Transfering Pokemon From Previous Gens) - Page 2

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Thread: Poke Transporter (Transfering Pokemon From Previous Gens)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Transfering Pokemon Over From Other Gens

With the new fairy types being added, I think it's going to be rather difficult to transfer over pokemon from previous gens.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

There weren't any issues trading Magnemite/ton betwen gens I and II. Shouldn't make any difference. Just means you won't be able to battle between the two gens, which everyone should have assumed from the start.

According to the tweets:
    At the moment, there are no plans for DLC but the option is being looked into. Backwards compatibility is also being worked on.
    With only five months until release it seems likely the transfer app will be an eShop title rather than being bundled into the game cart like G5 did.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I'd love to see an App. And hopefully that will be the end of transferring only 6 at a time. I have 500 pokemon for crying out loud that would need to transfer! Maybe transfer up to 30 at a time at least

And also, if they do make an app, I really hope they don't force a mini game on you. If they want to do one, please make it optional.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

In last night's round-table, Junichi Masuda said that backwards compatibility is being looked at, but is hard to due to the fact that DS games and 3DS games cannot directly communicate. So in that case, I imagine that the solution will be something similar to how Pokémon Dream Radar was handled. GameFreak could release a free app on the 3DS eShop that allows you to access your copy of a Generation V game and place Pokémon in a temporary box. Then, you'll be able to move the Pokémon to your 3DS game using the app.

However, it is most likely that you will need a Generation V game to do so. For example, GameFreak cut off Gen III communication with Gen V, despite being on the same platform as IV.

Follow Meophist On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    In last night's round-table, Junichi Masuda said that backwards compatibility is being looked at, but is hard to due to the fact that DS games and 3DS games cannot directly communicate. So in that case, I imagine that the solution will be something similar to how Pokémon Dream Radar was handled. GameFreak could release a free app on the 3DS eShop that allows you to access your copy of a Generation V game and place Pokémon in a temporary box. Then, you'll be able to move the Pokémon to your 3DS game using the app.

However, it is most likely that you will need a Generation V game to do so. For example, GameFreak cut off Gen III communication with Gen V, despite being on the same platform as IV.
    Basically what I said in my post; although I hope they allow the player to install it from the game card for those who don't have their 3DS connected online.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    With the new fairy types being added, I think it's going to be rather difficult to transfer over pokemon from previous gens.
    I'm thinking they'll just gain their new secondary Type and that's about it. You can't send a Pokemon back to the original game once it's been transferred, so there shouldn't really be a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I'd love to see an App. And hopefully that will be the end of transferring only 6 at a time. I have 500 pokemon for crying out loud that would need to transfer! Maybe transfer up to 30 at a time at least

And also, if they do make an app, I really hope they don't force a mini game on you. If they want to do one, please make it optional.
    I have 357 shinies. Doing 6 at a time would be a nightmare. And that's not counting the Pokemon I'd have to send over for the National Dex. Thankfully, you could use Poke Transfer as often as you wanted, but the six at a time thing was time consuming.

And yes, no mini-game, please. That crap's gettin' kinda old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post

I really hope that's how it's handled. If we have another Gen III scenario, it doesn't matter how great X and Y are, PEOPLE WILL GET PISSED. It could very well affect some people's decision as to whether or not they pick up the games. No, I'm not saying it would destroy all sales but it would lead to some very bad feelings down the road. I can still remember the massive amounts of complaints I read online about not being able to transfer from Gen II to Gen III. I really don't want to deal with that sort of thing ever again.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

If it's not too difficult for them to add Gen. IV to VI transfer, they'll do it.

The only reason they didn't have III to V directly was because you could only do it on a DS lite or fat. And that would encourage people to stay on their old systems rather than upgrading to the DSi or (later on) 3DS. Trust me, if communication with old GBA games was a brand-new feature of the DSi and 3DS, they would have don it.

But then again, if the only way of transferring pokemon from Gens IV to VI is through a Gen V game, it'll encourage people to get one.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Blog Entries

(Not caring about why or how they would do it...)

I really hope that you can transfer directly from IV to VI.... just because I still have to transfer from IV to V, but I'm waiting for them to announce something about the PokeTranfer system in Gen VI first.... just so I don't waste my time completely
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

As long as the app is free then I'm all for it.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    As long as the app is free then I'm all for it.
    Yeah, me too. I'd prefer that it be free but if I absolutely have to pay, then fine. Take my money, Nintendo. I just want to be able to get my old team back. I don't care what it takes, Riser comes with me.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

So long as we can transfer Pokémon period from Gen V to VI, I'm more than happy.

I remember how pissed off I was when we couldn't transfer any of our Pokémon from Gen II to III way back in 2003.
    Silverwynde and PyroPokeman like this.

I think that compatibility of Gen V and VI will be somewhat harshly different of previous generations, like it was between Gen II and III. With the introduction of fairy type, Pokemon's types, moves and Hidden Power's type and power must be recalculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    I think that compatibility of Gen V and VI will be somewhat harshly different of previous generations, like it was between Gen II and III. With the introduction of fairy type, Pokemon's types, moves and Hidden Power's type and power must be recalculated.
    They didn't seem to have that much of a problem with that between Gens I and II, since Gen II introduced both the Steel and Dark types and the Magnemite line was altered from pure Electric to Electric/Steel. The harder part, it seems to me, will be the generating of the models for the transferred Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    The harder part, it seems to me, will be the generating of the models for the transferred Pokémon.
    Doesn't have to. The transfer app could more likely just rely mostly on the menu sprites we all know and love.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast