Pokémon you didn't expect to like - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Pokémon you didn't expect to like

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon you didn't expect to like

I had the egg in Pokemon White. I was expecting some totally badass pokemon (in other words, I was hoping for Zorua), and it hatched right before the final gym battle. In my head, I was screaming "ZORUA! PLEEEEEAAAASE BE A ZORUA!" Then I saw that I got Larvesta instead. Shocked and dissapointed, I named it WTF. I considered putting her in the box, but since I was technically her mother, I forced myself to raise her. I decided that I might as well give her a better name, so I called her Rin.

Before I knew it, she had become my favorite pokemon in my team.
    Gengarzilla likes this.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A prominant Pokemon that I can think of for this thread is Excadrill. At first, I was neutral on it in general, but when I kept losing to it in wi-fi battles, I grew to dislike it. One day, I decided to train my Excadrill to give the species a chance. When I found Excadrill to be useful, I got to like it for its appearance and abilities. In fact, it happens to be one of my favorite ground-types as of now (along with Krookodile and Groudon).

All of my favorite pokemon, I disliked them at first. (Except the 'eons)
    Magmar, Jynx, Electabuzz, Croagunk/Toxicroak. Hated.
    Magmar for its butthead. Electabuzz for it's unibrow thing. Jynx for her boobs and no-neck. Toxicroak's cry is kinda annoying. (and startled me the first time I heard it. XD)

I got to like Magmar, Electabuzz, and Jynx because I got a Magby, Elekid, and Smoochum from my Pokewalker courses and decided to train them. (Finally.) They overtook my team, and I even ditched my Quilava and a few other favored (at the time) pokes.

Toxicroak, I wanted to make a costume/outfit based on an unusual pokemon, and designed an awesome dress outta Toxicroak. Looked into it, played it, and fell in love. <3

Blog Entries
    Add Jammy2A on Facebook

There are a few actually, I just gave them a chance and they proved pretty cool :)

Mr. Mime, Lapras, Primeape, Umbreon, Claydol, Skarmory, Ludicolo, Slaking, Scolipede

There we go ! :D

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

After I got mad from all the hax in the Battle Subway, I went and trained a Gible to a Garchomp - and LOL, it was awesome. I had never used one before, and it was the first time I ever saw its usefulness.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Dustox

Volbeat

Purrlion/ liepard

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

Most of the Gen V Pokémon that now occupy my top ten favourite Pokémon list. Dwebble / Crustle, Joltik / Galvantula, Ferroseed / Ferrothorn, Frillish / Jellicent. I didn't expect to like any of them that much, but now I absolutely love them and all four of them are on my current team in White 2 (and I pretty much can't have a team without Crustle and Galvantula any more).

CompoundEyes Galvantula with Thunder / Bug Buzz / Energy Ball / Thunder Wave is always one of the hardest hitters on any team I have.

I actually find myself hoping that X&Y's selection of Bug / Rock / Electric Pokémon isn't too great so I can have Crustle and Galvantula on my team there too. :P
    Last edited by Frenzy Plant; 22nd January 2013 at 10:17 PM.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

I used to dislike Electivire, but then I saw it in the anime, and now my EV trained one is very fun to use.

I also hated Hydreigon at first since it is uglier than the previous pseudo legendaries, also I'm not particuarly keen on creatures with more than one head. However I realised it had by far the best cry in the game, and Ghetsis' made all of them seem so much more fearsome and awesome.
    AlphaGiratina likes this.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Durant and Volcarona are some of those from Gen V.

I originally hated Volcarona and thought it was overrated, its OU status seemed stupid to me at the time because of that fatal double Rock weakness. I later tried it out in competitive battles and once it OHKO'ed a fucking Salamence with Bug Buzz after a few Quiver Dances, I knew that I had been partially wrong. I did eventually stop using it because I didn't have time or room for a dedicated spinner though.

I was a Scizor fan when Durant came out so I originally didn't pay it much attention but once I saw that it was in a higher tier than Heatmor, I had a good laugh about it. I then decided to try it out and it exceeded my expectations stunningly, serving as a surprise stop to stuff like Charizard and even Reshiram. It even took out a couple of Heatran with a bit of luck with Stone Edge. I then used it in White 2 and it didn't dissapoint, beating both Ghetsis's and Iris's Hydreigon in one shot.

Outside of Gen V, some new favorites are Electivire and Dragonite. The Shiny Dratini I got from beating the White Treehollow had an Adamant nature and Perfect Attack and Speed IVs and Electivire's coverage has left me very surprised. I'll be using them both for Gen VI.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

Fearow, because it looked ugly to me. Now it's one of my favorite bird pokemon. I used to think Gigalith was stupid, but after watching the episode where it had a splinter, I think it's cute now.
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Blog Entries

Musharna! I thought its evolutionary line was ridiculously creepy but ended up really taking a liking to it for some reason... maybe my friend loving it was one of the causes, I don't know. Now I even have an EV trained one on my team. <3;
    New Member's Guide to BMGf
    icon by twilightblade

Gyarados.
    And then, it turned to be my favourite water type.
    Also Togetic, Kyogre, Golbat, Sigilyph and probably many others.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

I actually have two. Umbreon and Braviary.

Before I was just meh at the eeveelutions, and Jolteon and Espeon were my favorites. Then one fateful night I was training one of my two eevees on Platinum and after the battle it began evolving. Umbreon, I was disappointed to find, had pretty bad attack stats, and for a while it just stayed in my box, until recently, I just found it more appealing and began training it. Weird how that worked out.

As for Braviary, a friend of mine wanted a Zorua, and when I traded him one he gave me a Rufflett. I HATED rufflett before that, but after seeing Braviary in battle I decided it might be worth the effort to try to train one. Now in Black its one of my most powerful. The funny thing is a year before that my brother had traded me a rufflett nicknamed, 'Ruffles', and its still sitting in my box.

Blog Entries

Follow Ebail on Tumblr

Ambipom

When I first saw it, I figured it was just going to be a useless evolution, and be more for comedy than anything else. But I ended up training one, and I have to say I instantly loved it.
    3DS FC: 1134-7255-2841 - White2 FC: 1765-1583-4731
    Some sort of blog about me - Fanclub

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Got two more: Druddigon and Reuniclus.

I used to be bitter towards these two species due to their appearance, but I tried training a DW Duosion (now a Reuniclus) and a Sheer Force Druddigon, and boy are these ladies awesome. Especially with a Life Orb for the latter... The former is more of a scout, though: she's given an Eject Button when I use her for PWT and similar situations, though she is given attack moves.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast