Pokémon you didn't expect to like - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Pokémon you didn't expect to like

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon you didn't expect to like

Audino. <3 They can't hit too hard, but decent defenses, good HP, Secret Power, Attract, and having Regenerator as an ability can make them deadly if you have the patience.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Blog Entries

I never expected to like Sawk; I hated the design and wasn't fond of pure Fighting types. Then I needed a Fighter for Lenora's gym and was left with Timburr or Sawk. So I tried for Sawk.

After losing a lot of Great Balls trying to catch this guy, I capture him, drag him to the gym and watch him level the place. I'm duly impressed and decide to keep him on my team. I now adore Sawk. I think the big blue brawler is epic beyond belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by LanguageSponge View Post
    I am also considering trying a Golett, which I have somehow overlooked for nearly two years and have no idea why.
    O_O

Dude, seriously--go for the Golett. I love mine like you wouldn't believe. /shameless plug

Oh, come on! What were you expecting me to say?! You're looking at the crazy Golett lady over here!
    Owain and Reila like this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    I never expected to like Sawk; I hated the design and wasn't fond of pure Fighting types. Then I needed a Fighter for Lenora's gym and was left with Timburr or Sawk. So I tried for Sawk.

After losing a lot of Great Balls trying to catch this guy, I capture him, drag him to the gym and watch him level the place. I'm duly impressed and decide to keep him on my team. I now adore Sawk. I think the big blue brawler is epic beyond belief.
    I am also considering trying a Golett, which I have somehow overlooked for nearly two years and have no idea why.
    O_O

Dude, seriously--go for the Golett. I love mine like you wouldn't believe. /shameless plug

Oh, come on! What were you expecting me to say?! You're looking at the crazy Golett lady over here!
    *smiles*

I knew there was at least one person on here who liked Golett a lot. Once I get through this week of work I'll begin raising one properly. I am debating already whether I will want to evolve it or not when the time comes as the one I had lying around in my boxes (one I caught just to see what it was like) has been tearing through most things I run into.

Quote Originally Posted by GateRage
    Emboar, definitely. I disliked the design at first and was annoyed that it was yet another Fire/Fighting starter, but it grew on me and I decided to use it on a play-through of Black and it was an absolute beast and I think it's pretty cool now. I guess Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland also counts, since I didn't really think much of them until I used them and saw how good they really were.

I still hate the elemental monkeys as much as I always did though.
    I've been considering looking at the Lillipup line for a bit, I might try that. And seriously, is there anyone who didn't find the elemental monkeys a *huge* disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by SteamKnight
    Don't laugh - Slowpoke.
    I'm not laughing, far from it, I think you might be a genius :) I'll try Slowpoke out. I couldn't get past the stupid-lookingness of Slowpoke before, but Slowking is probably not something to be messed with...

Thanks!
    LanguageSponge

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Durant, I used it in Black not sure what to expect but when it has Hustle, Hone Claws and Physical Attacking moves it is flawless! I've really grown to like Durant and its definitely an under rated Pokemon IMO.
    rafaelluik likes this.

Follow SteamKnight On Twitter

I'm not laughing, far from it, I think you might be a genius :) I'll try Slowpoke out. I couldn't get past the stupid-lookingness of Slowpoke before, but Slowking is probably not something to be messed with...
    It's true. He's become really helpful, especially since I can use Power Gem, Zen Headbutt, and Water Pulse with him. And he's shiny to boot!

Smogon University entry for Slowking (B/W version, but there are archived strategies for its other versions):

Slowking (B/W) - Smogon University

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SteamKnight View Post
    It's true. He's become really helpful, especially since I can use Power Gem, Zen Headbutt, and Water Pulse with him. And he's shiny to boot!

Smogon University entry for Slowking (B/W version, but there are archived strategies for its other versions):

Slowking (B/W) - Smogon University
    It's pretty useful in HGSS if you started with Cyndaquil

Wiggly Fucking tuff, plain, outdone by Clefable, not particularly good at anything, but heavens, it was fun to use it! mine knows an array of special moves making her have total coverage (IIRC).

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Out of the Unova Pokemon, I didn't expect to like the Sandile line all that much, and I never really did until I caught N's Sandile in W2 (I tried training a different one once; only got it up to Krokorok before I was like "screw this"). Buuuuut Krookodile is a beast, and it's become one of my favorites.

Out of all the other Pokemon, hm. Slugma/Magcargo. Primarily because the thing is slow as hell (and I prefer using faster Pokemon), but I once ended up using it in a playthrough of SS, and like Krookodile, it turned into something made of sheer awesome.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

To be honest, I've never really used a steel type before, but I was presently surprised by Ferrothorn. Seconded on Slowpoke, by the way.

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

Looking at the Gen 5 Pokemon, I overlooked Volcarona at first, but after seeing it among the top BW Pokemon, I revisited it, and it became my favorite Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Conkeldurr. Frankly, I think its design (along with Gurdurr's) is terrible, but after putting a Timburr (which is adorable) on my team after finding out about its stats and potential and raising that Timburr to a Conkeldurr, I must say its become a staple on my team and a force to be reckoned with. It pretty much solo'd my friend's team, smashing everything he switched out.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Follow Usagi-Zakura on Tumblr Visit Usagi-Zakura's Youtube Channel

Infernape - I was originally going to pick Piplup in Platinum because frankly I didn't like any of the starters...but then I remembered the trouble I had been through in previous games trying to get a fire-type so I picked that (only to find out you can get Ponyta pretty early on.. Oh well) It turned into a freaking beast! Cut to a few months later and suddenly for the first time since I discovered Missigno I had a level 100 Pokèmon; Daisuke the Infernape. Cleverly enough I taught him moves that could counter any of his weaknesses (unless its a Water/ground...). It taught me that not only was Chimchar now my favorite Gen IV starter, but it also taught me to appreciate the fighting type, since then the type has always had a spot in my party.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Siglyph, Galvantula, and Lucario. Haven't used them till gen 5, and now my team is pretty awesome. Siglyph was expected as I've kinda mastered Psychic flying Pokemon, all 2, Galvantula is an incredible speed demon, and Lucario is pretty damn versatile. Lucario is overrated sure, but that's why I'm finally using it, to see what all the fuss is about.

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

Shuckle, now that he has shell smash :3 but I prefer him having contrary.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Ampharos. I'd look at it's Smogon stats and cast it aside, but now that I actually use it in White 2 I found out that that thing is a MONSTER. Seriously.

Also Conkeldurr. I just wanted a Fighting type for my White team, and it ended up being an extremely effective sweeper. I practically soloed Grimsley with this guy. And he was pretty underleveled for League standards.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

I never thought I'd like Galvantula, and when I tried my cousin's, I decided to train one myself.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast