Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

If they could just stop with these damn store events. They mean practically nothing outside of Japan. It's also a very old way of distributing content and I just wish they would be done with them.

At least have them distributed over wi-fi too. I'd love to get these shinies, but driving to a store every time is just not happening. Besides, GameStop always seems to force you to pre-order the games to be eligible to download, which is stupid in itself.
    8ther and BigBadBatter like this.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

I'm actually somewhat disappointed that the Creation Trio event Pokémon are going to be shiny. They've been handing out shiny Pokémon left and right over the last few years, and it diminishes the value of shiny Pokémon. I don't mind events that are based on special Pokémon, like the Black Rayquaza from Conquest or the Red Genesect, but just handing out a shiny for no good reason bothers me. I've been luckier than most (I've encountered nine shiny Pokémon and caught six of them), but I do understand the frustration people who have never even seen a shiny Pokémon in the wild have. It still seems like they're devaluing shinies by handing them out like that. I'd prefer that these Creation Trio have moves they otherwise wouldn't learn, like the shiny Beasts from the last games (Aura Sphere/Weather Ball Raikou and Flare Blitz/Extremespeed Entei made me so happy), though that could still happen, obviously. Also, I say only somewhat disappointed because the Creation Trio have AWESOME shiny sprites, especially Giratina.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    If they could just stop with these damn store events. They mean practically nothing outside of Japan. It's also a very old way of distributing content and I just wish they would be done with them.
    Yes, Japan is so much more condensed and smaller geographically than other countries (especially the US). I don't live anywhere within 50 miles of a GameStop, so I can't exactly make a trip on a whim just to get an event Mon or two.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So is it a safe bet to say that we won't be getting the Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect events that Japan got?

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian Sylveon View Post
    So is it a safe bet to say that we won't be getting the Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect events that Japan got?
    I think it's a safe bet that there will be no more 5th gen events whatsoever, yeah. Shame really, I would've loved to see them, especially the Genesect since the only way to get one 5th gen was to buy BW2 within the first month of its launch. I hope they never do something like that again (hell, at least the Torchic event lasts until January, so even if you can't get XY until Christmas, you'll still be able to get it).

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think it's a safe bet that there will be no more 5th gen events whatsoever, yeah. Shame really, I would've loved to see them, especially the Genesect since the only way to get one 5th gen was to buy BW2 within the first month of its launch. I hope they never do something like that again (hell, at least the Torchic event lasts until January, so even if you can't get XY until Christmas, you'll still be able to get it).
    Yeah agreed it really sucks. They were both different too, Mewtwo had its Hidden Ability and the move Hurricane while Genesect was well... Shiny, but not only that it knew ExtremeSpeed, Blaze Kick and, Gear Shift (moves of which it can't learn normally for both). Oh they also had two 31 IVs, Mewtwo had two 31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed and Genesect had two 31 IVs in Attack and Speed. You'd think that as soon as the Shiny Giratina event ended on October 12th (20th for the U.S.) they would maybe distribute them individually over Wi-Fi for other countries since the movie first premiered outside of Japan on October 19th both in the U.S. and U.K. I mean the Mewtwo was recently given out in the SM Megamall in the Philippines on November 16th and 17th so maybe there is still some hope left (though I doubt it).

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It doesn't matter so much when the events aren't legendaries - Torchic can and has been bred a lot, making picking one up fairly trivial through the GTS or even Wonder Trade. Of course the main draw is arguably the Blazikenite there, but it's by no means necessary when there are so many other viable megas.

You can catch Mewtwo in Pokemon village.
    in the ca--.

Blog Entries

I guess they thought distributing a shiny Creation trio was so much more important than distributing Genesect for those that don't have B2/W2 or didn't get it within the first month.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSpit View Post
    in the ca--.
    (Spoiler)

Yeah i was so dissapointed with that,

I was really looking forward to a high level dungeon after the elite four and i go in and its just him chilling there

(Spoiler)

Quote Originally Posted by kneecaps View Post
    in the ca--.
    (Spoiler)

Yeah i was so dissapointed with that,

I was really looking forward to a high level dungeon after the elite four and i go in and its just him chilling there

(Spoiler)
    Right?? I think looking for zygarde was much more fun than catching mewtwo and the bird =[ It was funny trying to remember all the way to the room where I saw this guy blocking the path XD
    And what about the "chamber of emptiness"?? Just like 2 other empty dungeons (where we caught mewtwo and the bird) that have only one little room on them and (no other wild pokemon or trainers) aren't enough D=

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

in the ca--.
    Yeah, but that Mewtwo doesn't have the Unnerve ability, nor does it have Hurricane or Heal Pulse (lol) as event-exclusive moves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12