Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

  1. #1
    The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Snowbelle City
    Posts
    716
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    With the release of Pokémon X and Y being international one question arises for me and it is whether or not they will distribute Mewtwo and the Shiny Genesect before both games are released or will they still hold events for the 5th Generation (which I doubt) well into the 6th Generation atleast for audiences outside of Japan since they (Japan) would have already gotten the two events. The Official Pokémon Site always seems to update in September with the English Name of the Movie as well as what month the Movie will air. So if anything I can see Mewtwo being announced and distributed in the same month August (like Keldeo was at GameStop last year) then in early September they reveal the English Name of the Genesect/Mewtwo Movie and the month it will air then in mid September they announce the Shiny Genesect Event but whether or not it is a GameStop or Wi-Fi Event is up in the air. The Shiny Genesect Event would probably run from late September up until the first or second week of October kind of like the Celebi Event that was held at GameStop from February 21st up until March 7th one day after Pokémon Black and White had already been out.

    What do you guys think?

    Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

  2. #2
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    We've already had a Mewtwo distributed to us not that long ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if GameFreak won't be delivering a second Mewtwo event. Japan received the shiny Genesect, hopefully we can receive also receive a shiny Genesect too.
    LilyStorm likes this.

  3. #3
    Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where the Adventure Lies
    Posts
    1,148
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    We may only get one or the other, knowing how terribly TPCi has handled events this gen, we probably won't be getting both.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    We've already had a Mewtwo distributed to us not that long ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if GameFreak won't be delivering a second Mewtwo event. Japan received the shiny Genesect, hopefully we can receive also receive a shiny Genesect too.
    Depends. The Mewtwo event could unlock its new form when transferred to XY, and if that's the case, they won't skip it.

  4. #4
    XXXXXXXXXX Dragon Char's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tower of Mastery
    Posts
    4,815
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    That's the thing, though. Unless they made it so ONLY the one distributed by the movie can unlock it, then it wouldn't matter what event Mewtwo you have. As for the Shiny Genesect, same for it and the regular Genesect we already have. Well, it's kinda more justified for it than it is for Mewtwo since it is a shiny.
    Step into the Fairy circle

  5. #5
    Registered User Ivysaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,035
    Blog Entries
    120

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    They should just make Mewtwo regularly (as in, without events) available to catch in XY. Yeah, they probably won't, but I'm tired of being handed event Pokemon without having to really do anything (or, even worse, waste gas money driving to a GameStop or TRU). Just let us catch it, GameFreak.
    Shiny Celebi and SimH5 like this.

  6. #6
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,393
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    They should just make Mewtwo regularly (as in, without events) available to catch in XY. Yeah, they probably won't, but I'm tired of being handed event Pokemon without having to really do anything (or, even worse, waste gas money driving to a GameStop or TRU). Just let us catch it, GameFreak.
    Unfortunately, Game Freak have been accommodating the movie promotions for a long time now. In most countries the events mean nothing, but in Japan they're a cheap way to make players buy tickets for movies that are not very interesting in their own right. I believe that Mewtwo will be catchable eventually, but chances are that the movie distribution will be required at first since the movie premiere and XY's release are so close.

  7. #7
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,986
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    I think it all depends on whether or not the events will unlock anything in XY. Nothing has been confirmed either way so far, but if the Mewtwo isn't required to unlock the new forme, they could just distribute Genesect around the time the games come out (as it's a shiny Genesect). If the Mewtwo is required, they could distribute it around the time the games are out, then release Genesect when the new movie comes out.

  8. #8
    The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Snowbelle City
    Posts
    716
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    Shiny Dialga, Shiny Palkia, and Shiny Giratina will soon be available at GameStop stores!!!...

    Three Legendary Pokémon Approach! | News | Pokemon.com

    I'm so ecstatic, now please give us the Shiny Genesect and maybe Jirachi XD

    Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

  9. #9
    Registered User Stratelier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Unless they made it so ONLY the one distributed by the movie can unlock it, then it wouldn't matter what event Mewtwo you have.
    Well, it's always possible they could pull another Shaymin. Not as cool though.

  10. #10
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    Is there a reason they're distributing a shiny Creation trio? It seems kind of random. But hey, I won't say no to more shiny Pokemon, though.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  11. #11
    The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Snowbelle City
    Posts
    716
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Is there a reason they're distributing a shiny Creation trio? It seems kind of random. But hey, I won't say no to more shiny Pokemon, though.
    Good question, I asked myself the same thing as well. Maybe they unlock something in X and Y, kind of like the Shiny Beast Trio did in Black and White. I know it's probably a long stretch to think so but anything is possible at this point.

    Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

  12. #12
    Registered User Lugiafanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    632

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    ^Didn't they say that they'd unlike Zoroark in BW, though?
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

    My shop!

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverAltaria View Post
    I think the shiny Creation Trio is just to create hype for the series as a whole, nothing more, since it's being distributed to Gen V instead of X/Y. Plus, it's technically been over 4 years since the last Sinnoh game, so this might just be an opportunity for younger/new players to get the legendaries. It is a bit random, but, like smalllady said, I won't say no to shinies.
    Thing is, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are obtainable in BW2 by using the Pokemon Dream Radar... I wish the event was for shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza instead.
    White 2 FC: 3311 2771 3038 / 3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020

    Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

    XY Global Link Medals: 147
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverAltaria View Post
    I think the shiny Creation Trio is just to create hype for the series as a whole, nothing more, since it's being distributed to Gen V instead of X/Y. Plus, it's technically been over 4 years since the last Sinnoh game, so this might just be an opportunity for younger/new players to get the legendaries. It is a bit random, but, like smalllady said, I won't say no to shinies.
    Thing is, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are obtainable in BW2 by using the Pokemon Dream Radar... I wish the event was for shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza instead.
    To get them with dream radar you still need copies of the games they were found in.

  15. #15
    Hero of Time Warrior of Fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

    Quote Originally Posted by brentoni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverAltaria View Post
    I think the shiny Creation Trio is just to create hype for the series as a whole, nothing more, since it's being distributed to Gen V instead of X/Y. Plus, it's technically been over 4 years since the last Sinnoh game, so this might just be an opportunity for younger/new players to get the legendaries. It is a bit random, but, like smalllady said, I won't say no to shinies.
    Thing is, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are obtainable in BW2 by using the Pokemon Dream Radar... I wish the event was for shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza instead.
    To get them with dream radar you still need copies of the games they were found in.
    And this, folks, is why many of us who aren't able to get them through Dream Radar due to lack of Gen IV games will likely be heading to GameStop mid-August to mid-October, not counting X and Y.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •