Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

With the release of Pokémon X and Y being international one question arises for me and it is whether or not they will distribute Mewtwo and the Shiny Genesect before both games are released or will they still hold events for the 5th Generation (which I doubt) well into the 6th Generation atleast for audiences outside of Japan since they (Japan) would have already gotten the two events. The Official Pokémon Site always seems to update in September with the English Name of the Movie as well as what month the Movie will air. So if anything I can see Mewtwo being announced and distributed in the same month August (like Keldeo was at GameStop last year) then in early September they reveal the English Name of the Genesect/Mewtwo Movie and the month it will air then in mid September they announce the Shiny Genesect Event but whether or not it is a GameStop or Wi-Fi Event is up in the air. The Shiny Genesect Event would probably run from late September up until the first or second week of October kind of like the Celebi Event that was held at GameStop from February 21st up until March 7th one day after Pokémon Black and White had already been out.

What do you guys think?

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon X and Y + Generation 5 Events (Mewtwo and Shiny Genesect)

We've already had a Mewtwo distributed to us not that long ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if GameFreak won't be delivering a second Mewtwo event. Japan received the shiny Genesect, hopefully we can receive also receive a shiny Genesect too.
    LilyStorm likes this.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We may only get one or the other, knowing how terribly TPCi has handled events this gen, we probably won't be getting both.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    We've already had a Mewtwo distributed to us not that long ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if GameFreak won't be delivering a second Mewtwo event. Japan received the shiny Genesect, hopefully we can receive also receive a shiny Genesect too.
    Depends. The Mewtwo event could unlock its new form when transferred to XY, and if that's the case, they won't skip it.

Blog Entries

That's the thing, though. Unless they made it so ONLY the one distributed by the movie can unlock it, then it wouldn't matter what event Mewtwo you have. As for the Shiny Genesect, same for it and the regular Genesect we already have. Well, it's kinda more justified for it than it is for Mewtwo since it is a shiny.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

They should just make Mewtwo regularly (as in, without events) available to catch in XY. Yeah, they probably won't, but I'm tired of being handed event Pokemon without having to really do anything (or, even worse, waste gas money driving to a GameStop or TRU). Just let us catch it, GameFreak.
    Shiny Celebi and SimH5 like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    They should just make Mewtwo regularly (as in, without events) available to catch in XY. Yeah, they probably won't, but I'm tired of being handed event Pokemon without having to really do anything (or, even worse, waste gas money driving to a GameStop or TRU). Just let us catch it, GameFreak.
    Unfortunately, Game Freak have been accommodating the movie promotions for a long time now. In most countries the events mean nothing, but in Japan they're a cheap way to make players buy tickets for movies that are not very interesting in their own right. I believe that Mewtwo will be catchable eventually, but chances are that the movie distribution will be required at first since the movie premiere and XY's release are so close.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I think it all depends on whether or not the events will unlock anything in XY. Nothing has been confirmed either way so far, but if the Mewtwo isn't required to unlock the new forme, they could just distribute Genesect around the time the games come out (as it's a shiny Genesect). If the Mewtwo is required, they could distribute it around the time the games are out, then release Genesect when the new movie comes out.

Blog Entries

Shiny Dialga, Shiny Palkia, and Shiny Giratina will soon be available at GameStop stores!!!...

Three Legendary Pokémon Approach! | News | Pokemon.com

I'm so ecstatic, now please give us the Shiny Genesect and maybe Jirachi XD

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Unless they made it so ONLY the one distributed by the movie can unlock it, then it wouldn't matter what event Mewtwo you have.
    Well, it's always possible they could pull another Shaymin. Not as cool though.

Blog Entries

Is there a reason they're distributing a shiny Creation trio? It seems kind of random. But hey, I won't say no to more shiny Pokemon, though.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Is there a reason they're distributing a shiny Creation trio? It seems kind of random. But hey, I won't say no to more shiny Pokemon, though.
    Good question, I asked myself the same thing as well. Maybe they unlock something in X and Y, kind of like the Shiny Beast Trio did in Black and White. I know it's probably a long stretch to think so but anything is possible at this point.

^Didn't they say that they'd unlike Zoroark in BW, though?
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAltaria View Post
    I think the shiny Creation Trio is just to create hype for the series as a whole, nothing more, since it's being distributed to Gen V instead of X/Y. Plus, it's technically been over 4 years since the last Sinnoh game, so this might just be an opportunity for younger/new players to get the legendaries. It is a bit random, but, like smalllady said, I won't say no to shinies.
    Thing is, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are obtainable in BW2 by using the Pokemon Dream Radar... I wish the event was for shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza instead.
    White 2 FC: 3311 2771 3038 / 3DS FC: 0044 3638 4020

Looking for any pokemon with the move Celebrate

XY Global Link Medals: 147
    Battle Maison Trophies: 5

Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    I think the shiny Creation Trio is just to create hype for the series as a whole, nothing more, since it's being distributed to Gen V instead of X/Y. Plus, it's technically been over 4 years since the last Sinnoh game, so this might just be an opportunity for younger/new players to get the legendaries. It is a bit random, but, like smalllady said, I won't say no to shinies.
    Thing is, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are obtainable in BW2 by using the Pokemon Dream Radar... I wish the event was for shiny Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza instead.
    To get them with dream radar you still need copies of the games they were found in.

Quote Originally Posted by brentoni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EXGShadow View Post
    To get them with dream radar you still need copies of the games they were found in.
    And this, folks, is why many of us who aren't able to get them through Dream Radar due to lack of Gen IV games will likely be heading to GameStop mid-August to mid-October, not counting X and Y.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast