Pokémon Video Games General Chat Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: Pokémon Video Games General Chat Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Video Games General Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    My main problem with the Pokétransfer in B/W is the lack of backwards transfering. It does sound kinda petty, but consider that 1: There is really no reason why would they be uncompatible as the data is exactly the same, and 2: HGSS are by far the most polished games of the series and basically perfected competitively to realistically allow setting up the exact teams you wanted, and furthemore allowed another layer of compativility with all other misc Gen. IV stuff. They may have other flaws, but in gameplay they are hands down the most complete.
    ^this XD. LOVED HG/SS, and i was frustrated when i found out the B/W transfer wasn't reversible.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    The World Ends With You has always interested me...
    That's the game with Neku Sakuraba, right? The guy that's supposed to be included in KH Dream Drop Distance? He's been forced to play the Reaper Games, or something?

Blog Entries

I might get TWEWY. I have one friend on another forum who is obsessed with it to no end.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I don't mind that the Poketransfer isn't reversible. I never really wanted to bring back any Pokemon I transferred to other games, so yeah. I prefer not to borrow strong Pokemon from other files, as I feel it's the same as cheating my way through a game. And even if it wasn't, I'd feel more accomplished if I trained new Pokemon in each game anyway.

As for what I'm playing now, that would be Zelda: Skyward Sword. And I'm totally loving it. I haven't been this addicted to Zelda in years. Don't get me wrong, I loved Twilight Princess, The Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures, I just wasn't as big a Zelda fan then as I am now. Anyway, I'm also working on my Pokedex in Black. I work on the one in HeartGold and Platinum once in awhile too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bouffalant Herdier View Post
    There needs to be a Pokemon Box/Pokemon Ranch game for Gen V.
    ^This. Times infinity. I. Am. Running. Out. Of. ROOM! But those little Goletts I nabbed via GTS need me. I'm not giving them up, the poor sweet things. (Good heavens, I am a sad, sad person.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I get to shoot Pokémon with a crossbow in a way that doesn't result in horrific bloody scenes. What's not to like?
    Um, my aim really stinks. So I have my hubby do it. And I only use it to port over a Legendary or two. Can't get those shiny Goletts and Golurks on GTS without paying a steep price. But I'm willing to pay it. Very willing to pay it. (I have 63 of them at last count. Every last one of them is spoiled, I tell ya.)

As of now, since I have no Wi-Fi, I'm still MMing for my shiny Golett. I've hatched 650 eggs and nothing. Gotten some wonderful little twerps that I can send over to the next game but no shiny yet. But every time I hatch an egg, I smile. Doesn't matter if the Golett isn't shiny; just seeing that little face makes me happy.

650 eggs is a drop in the bucket, really. When I went after my Roselia on Emerald, it took me 8 months of nonstop breeding. Yes, Silvy is insane but everyone knew that.
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Bulbapædist Crystal_Talian's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I managed to catch a random shiny Roselia in Ruby just the other day. I never did understand how you guys have the patience to hatch so many eggs for a shiny. ^_^;

But then, I have the patience for endless level-grinding. Pretty sure that's all I do in my games sometimes. I find it fun, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Talian View Post
    I managed to catch a random shiny Roselia in Ruby just the other day. I never did understand how you guys have the patience to hatch so many eggs for a shiny. ^_^;
    I keep telling myself, "Maybe the next one is it." That helps. But I also love seeing what I get while I'm breeding. They may not be shiny, but some of my twerps are awesome.

That and I'm seriously stubborn. I'm going to get that shiny no matter what it takes.
    But then, I have the patience for endless level-grinding. Pretty sure that's all I do in my games sometimes. I find it fun, though.
    It depends on who I'm leveling up. When I tried grinding my Deino, I wanted to tear out my hair. It didn't help that she fainted every 5 seconds. >.< But leveling up a Golett. Oh that's a load of fun for me.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I'm trying to get all of the Star Medals in Super Mario 3D Land. I'm also playing through Plants vs. Zombies in my brand-new IPad2!