152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 98 of 239 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    I agree with Miar and Glaciate. Having to make an online account, and then doing the GL crap, and yada yada yada is really annoying. Maybe they could put the DW Pokemon in the wild, but have a special signal for them, just like the shinys? Obviously they wouldn't be too common, also like the shinys.
    But that's the point, you go through all that hoo-haa to get special Pokémon with different abilities. They aren't just going to give them out so easily.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm wondering if the Dream World will even be accessible from Hoenn, or if it's still only going to be accessible in Black/White?
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Quote Originally Posted by Swalittle View Post
    Here's another large question, based on timeline and events. How will/do they explain the constant release/escape of Legendary Pokemon?
    Kyogre and Groudon were captured in the original Gen 3 or disappeared.
    Should we just assume that if this is a Gen 3 CONTINUATION that the Legends were just let go nicely?
    (If it's a remake instead of a continuation, then GF has their loop hole right there.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I don't want to see any more remakes, because it will really start screwing with the timeline, plus I don't want the Pokemon franchise to get caught in a trend of releasing a remake with every Generation.
    Not sure why people don't understand when they themselves use the term lol the REMAKES replace the original games in the timeline. Its like in a comic book when something gets retconned out of existence and is no longer canon.
    Georgie Pie and sonic10158 like this.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

I'm wondering if the Dream World will even be accessible from Hoenn, or if it's still only going to be accessible in Black/White?
    Could be. But it seems like a lot of effort for just one pair of games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    I could see them putting Telepathy Wobbuffet on Mirage Island... I'd respond to more posts, but I'm sick.
    I could see that too. Unfortunately, Telepathy Wobbuffet is completely useless.

It would be great if DW ability Pokémon would be used by Gym Leaders and Elite Four members. Phoebe's Sableye needs Prankster, and Wattson would be a challenge if his Magneton would have Analytic as its ability.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1225 View Post
    Not sure why people don't understand when they themselves use the term lol the REMAKES replace the original games in the timeline. Its like in a comic book when something gets retconned out of existence and is no longer canon.
    I get what you are saying but GameFreak has had a timeline that has made sence since GS why would they all of a sudden through it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceking18 View Post
    I get what you are saying but GameFreak has had a timeline that has made sence since GS why would they all of a sudden through it away?
    They're not getting rid of anything and the timeline still makes sense. FireRed and LeafGreen replace everything that happened in Red and Blue. HeartGold and SoulSilver replace everything that happened in Gold, Silver, and Crystal. And these new remakes will replace everything that happened in Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald. For all intents and purposes the events of the original games didn't happen...Except maybe for Yellow as Red's team is Clearly based off that game.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

They're not getting rid of anything and the timeline still makes sense. FireRed and LeafGreen replace everything that happened in Red and Blue. HeartGold and SoulSilver replace everything that happened in Gold, Silver, and Crystal. And these new remakes will replace everything that happened in Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald. For all intents and purposes the events of the original games didn't happen...Except maybe for Yellow as Red's team is Clearly based off that game.
    ???????????????????????????????????????
    I'm probably just confused but Steven Stone appered in HG/SS as former champion ie: after R/S and the forign team rocket member is in B/W with a son they can't move the events of R/S without messing those things up.

I am aware of this, but the Retcon for FRLG to fit with RSE already had to make changes to the "story"/timeline to work. The more and more they make remakes, the more the story and timeline needs to be retconned. It would also make the previous reconciling of RSE with FRLG nonsensical, because FRLG replace the old games, and explicitly tie into Hoenn. If the remakes for RSE replace RSE, it won't tie into FRLG anymore and that will make even less sense than it used to. The stuff in FRLG would have to be retconned away into having nothing to do with Hoenn. I'm sick of the retcons. It would get even worse when the remake DPPt because HGSS is very closely linked with DPPt and retconning that connection away would kill a large part of the story.

RGBY and GSC needed remakes because they were on a much older system and the engine was pretty bad then. RSE and DPPt were both on really good engines, so I don't think either of them need a remake either, they are fine as they are. There isn't any point in having a remake just to have a remake, so until the game engine improves a lot we don't need to see any. The best thing, would be a Wii U remake that isn't meant to retcon anything.

Blog Entries

I am aware of this, but the Retcon for FRLG to fit with RSE already had to make changes to the "story"/timeline to work. The more and more they make remakes, the more the story and timeline needs to be retconned. It would also make the previous reconciling of RSE with FRLG nonsensical, because FRLG replace the old games, and explicitly tie into Hoenn. If the remakes for RSE replace RSE, it won't tie into FRLG anymore and that will make even less sense than it used to. The stuff in FRLG would have to be retconned away into having nothing to do with Hoenn. I'm sick of the retcons. It would get even worse when the remake DPPt because HGSS is very closely linked with DPPt and retconning that connection away would kill a large part of the story.

RGBY and GSC needed remakes because they were on a much older system and the engine was pretty bad then. RSE and DPPt were both on really good engines, so I don't think either of them need a remake either, they are fine as they are. There isn't any point in having a remake just to have a remake, so until the game engine improves a lot we don't need to see any. The best thing, would be a Wii U remake that isn't meant to retcon anything.
    I guess my question would be "Why do they have to tie PRHS into BW?" I mean, yeah, we've had it in the past two remakes, both getting tied into the main versions, but they could introduce young versions of the Unova Characters in a "10 years in the past" Hoenn if we needed them to be tied in. We'd see N when he's still vulnerable and only attached to Pokémon, we could meet Ghetsis before he goes coocoo-crazy. Alder, Byrcen, Lenora, Burgh... basically any Adult character could be seen as a teenager in PRHS, if they wanted. They don't necessarily have to have the games happen at the same time. Maybe, since Plasma's plan seems to have a long time growing to fruition, we could see the beginnings of the Genesect Project, or other things.

I guess what I'm saying is "Think outside the box."

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceking18 View Post
    ???????????????????????????????????????
    I'm probably just confused but Steven Stone appered in HG/SS as former champion ie: after R/S and the forign team rocket member is in B/W with a son they can't move the events of R/S without messing those things up.
    No events are being moved. The timeline remains the same. FireRed and LeafGreen replace Red and Blue in the timeline and then HeartGold and SoulSilver take place 3 years later, replacing Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Right now, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald took place at the same time as FireRed and LeafGreen, just in a different region. The remakes will replace them, but still take place at the same time.

What are you talking about? What do you mean by tie into? The games simply take place at the same time in different regions. And FireRed and LeafGreen really didn't have anything to do with Hoenn. The games had there own storylines revolving around Red and his adventures.

FRLG had the whole Ruby/Sapphire subplot in the Sevii Islands.

Blog Entries

If GF really cared so much about the timeline, then perhaps we will end up with sequels as opposed to remakes.

But I really don't think they'd care that much. It's cheaper and easier for them to make remakes, as opposed to having to write a new storyline from scratch, make new characters, etc.

I, as I've said before, would love love love a sequel. I just really would want to see what happens to some of these regions over time. The problem with that would be GF having to come up with a bunch of new content to make it "work", and I'm not sure they'd put the effort into doing that when a simple remake would be guarenteed to make gobs of money without a bunch of effort...
    Last edited by Georgie Pie; 29th September 2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: fixed a typo...

What if gen VII side-game is a sequel RPG for Kanto where evryone is grown up...
    THAT WOULD BE A DREAM
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eevee_lotion View Post
    What if gen VII side-game is a sequel RPG for Kanto where evryone is grown up...
    THAT WOULD BE A DREAM
    wrong thread eevee.. this about R/S and Hoenn not Kanto
    sonic10158 likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458