152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 95 of 239 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

I would be really excited if one came out! Although I was really happy when HeartGold and SoulSilver came out because I had never played the originals, I think this would be just as cool because of all the improvements. I really like HGSS because of its features, I hope they bring those back, but I didn't like Black and White as much, I think they went a little over-the-top and exaggerated the online features a little too much.

Blog Entries

The Battle Frontier has an interesting position. If they create Hoenn's Frontier for the games, will they be in Grey? Maybe that's where the plane can fly you in Grey: You can fly to the Hoenn Region's Battle Frontier to explain why Grey and PRHS have the same Frontier.

The reason they're likely to be the same is the same reason they were the same in HGSS: Compatibility. Since you can play Battle Frontier online with other players, you'd severely limit the amount of players playing together if Platinum couldn't play BF with HGSS. If they aren't the same, then there probably won't be online Battle Frontier. And as someone who wants Online Contests (and Musicals?), I would find that unsatisfactory.

Serperior rules us all Catilena1890's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Catilena1890 On Twitter
    Visit Catilena1890's Youtube Channel

I was never totally interested in the Battle Frontier to be honest, but it would be nice to see that again if just for the nostalgia. I might try it again XD

I have no clue how an online contest would work considering there is no competition in the Musicals whatsoever. Maybe they`ll do contests in an anime style! *w*

Or maybe not, a kitty-fox can dream.

It would be very interesting to see how they would connect Gray and the R/S remakes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Catilena1890 View Post
    I was never totally interested in the Battle Frontier to be honest, but it would be nice to see that again if just for the nostalgia. I might try it again XD

I have no clue how an online contest would work considering there is no competition in the Musicals whatsoever. Maybe they`ll do contests in an anime style! *w*

Or maybe not, a kitty-fox can dream.

It would be very interesting to see how they would connect Gray and the R/S remakes.
    Assumedly , they'd work a lot like they did in Ruby/Sapphire. They might add a Touch-Screen Dance/Performance round, but that would work best by having everyone do motions all by themselves for a specific score (if other players could interfere, lag would kill online). Then, the Appeal Round where it's turn-based would work like it always has.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I would not say it is original when it's very obviously based on the Generation II template. But indeed, compared to remakes just about anything seems original and refreshing.

I take issue with this. If Game Freak wanted to focus on Rayquaza rather than on Mewtwo, then that's the Pokémon that would be promoted right now. At least Kyurem is sharing the limelight with Mewtwo, and one could argue that their connection has already been hinted at.
    Eh like a lot of people I have a feeling they are going to hav Mewtwo take the place of the OSM and activate the Far Away Island event in the remakes. So maybe take his idea and switch Rayquaza (who has nothing to do with Mew anyway) and put in Mewtwo
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    The Battle Frontier has an interesting position. If they create Hoenn's Frontier for the games, will they be in Grey? Maybe that's where the plane can fly you in Grey: You can fly to the Hoenn Region's Battle Frontier to explain why Grey and PRHS have the same Frontier.
    Do they need an actual explanation to have the same Frontier in two different games (and regions, for that matter)? Certainly didn't stop them from chucking in Platinum's Frontier into HGSS. I'm not saying this was a really bad move, considering that it adds things to do: I'd much rather have something brand new, but when confronted with having nothing at all, then I'd rather have a Frontier, even if it's a carbon-copy of that in Platinum.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Do they need an actual explanation to have the same Frontier in two different games (and regions, for that matter)? Certainly didn't stop them from chucking in Platinum's Frontier into HGSS. I'm not saying this was a really bad move, considering that it adds things to do: I'd much rather have something brand new, but when confronted with having nothing at all, then I'd rather have a Frontier, even if it's a carbon-copy of that in Platinum.
    At the very least, I'd at least like the facilities to have different heads. With HGSS and DPt, it worked because, despite the locations, the two games ran on a similar time frame (so one could argue the brains travel from one branch to another when they hear of a good challenger xD); but if say, Grey and RS3DS were to share a Frontier, if they had the same brains looking the same, it wouldn't really work as we know that BW is set a considerable amount of time after DPtHGSS (After all, look at how much older Caitlin is xD).

For example, if (despite my personal belief) we assume that RS3DS comes out before Grey, with the brains being the usual Noland, Tucker, Greta, Anabel, Lucy, Spencer and Brandon. When Grey comes around and has the same frontier, I'd expect for there to be some changes, like maybe Spencer stepping down (due to being too old) and the brains (especially Anabel and Greta) to look quite a bit older.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    あかく ひかり かがやく A very beautiful jewel
    とても うつくしい ほうせき。 which glows red.
    じょうねつの しょうちょう。 The symbol of passion.

あおく ひかり かがやく A very beautiful jewel
    とても うつくしい ほうせき。 which glows blue.
    せいじつの しょうちょう。The symbol of honesty.

Alternate translations?:
    情熱 【じょうねつ】 (n) heat; warmth; passion;
    誠実 【せいじつ】 (adj-na,n) sincere; honest; faithful;
    My money now sticks to my earlier guess of Pokémon PassionRuby Version and Pokémon SincereSapphire Version. Although, if they get as alliteration happy as the anime writers, WarmthRuby would probably happen xD
    Last edited by Joshawott; 25th September 2011 at 08:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    At the very least, I'd at least like the facilities to have different heads. With HGSS and DPt, it worked because, despite the locations, the two games ran on a similar time frame (so one could argue the brains travel from one branch to another when they hear of a good challenger xD); but if say, Grey and RS3DS were to share a Frontier, if they had the same brains looking the same, it wouldn't really work as we know that BW is set a considerable amount of time after DPtHGSS (After all, look at how much older Caitlin is xD).
    Well, I think that explanation is just an attempt to make it seem a bit more like Gamefreak actually cares about things like that (I'm not saying they disregard continuity at all, I just think they don't care at all when it comes to the Frontier. For instance, the stat trainers, don't mind them being in the frontier in HGSS, but they could have made someone new without too much effort I think.). What Caitlin says in BW just tries to make it look more feasible, but it's still by far not good enough. There is really no good explanation to why they're so identical, you'd expect at least some small changes.

However, I do think that the frontiers will be the same if they decide to include them in a remake and a third version, though I'm expecting more of just fitting the Frontier into Unova somewhere. I really don't think the way it was described in the post I quoted is feasible, at the very least transportation would happen with boat if anything. I feel that both methods would be very uncreative ways to implement the frontier into Unova, and sorta wish for Hoenn and Unova to have separate and different frontiers, though I think that's unlikely to happen. I don't really care a lot for connectivity between different games.

I think it would be nice if we could explore the islands on the Hoenn map which couldn't be accessed in RSE, like the one between Slateport, Route 210 and Mauville or the ones surrounding Pacfidlog.

Registered Pretty Boy Wiley Willy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What I'd like to see, (If this takes place in the correct timeline... RBY+RSE -> 3 years later -> GSC+DPPt) I'd like to see them expand a bit more on the origin of Mew. Supposedly Mew was captured on a forested Island in Hoenn. Maybe they could make that part of an important side quest, where you work along side Mr. Fuji.
    Just kind of a fun possibility that may shed some more light on the whole Mew/Mewtwo story.

I think Ruby and Saphire should get Seasons, but we do have to keep in mind that Hoenn is a Tropical southern region. So there would be an issue in having Winter seasons. Not cold enough in the tropics to have Hail.
    Last edited by Wiley Willy; 27th September 2011 at 01:16 AM.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Eh like a lot of people I have a feeling they are going to hav Mewtwo take the place of the OSM and activate the Far Away Island event in the remakes. So maybe take his idea and switch Rayquaza (who has nothing to do with Mew anyway) and put in Mewtwo
    What hes asking is this: If remakes are to come out any time soon, then where is the promotion? Why not have a Hoenn pokemon like Deoxys/Rayquaza as opposed to Mewtwo?

Kyurem, like I said before has nothing to do with Hoenn and neither does Mewtwo. If anything, they are trying to draw some kind of parallel between Mewtwo/Kyurem from the promotion.

If RSE remakes do come out this gen, then its going to be at/near the end of it. As for this thread, leave the contest out and have the battle tents set back up. The contest disappeared from the games (replaced by musicals and much less focus in DDP) because they flopped anyways and hardly anyone cares. Sorry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swalittle View Post
    What I'd like to see, (If this takes place in the correct timeline... RBY+RSE -> 3 years later -> GSC+DPPt) I'd like to see them expand a bit more on the origin of Mew. Supposedly Mew was captured on a forested Island in Hoenn. Maybe they could make that part of an important side quest, where you work along side Mr. Fuji.
    Just kind of a fun possibility that may shed some more light on the whole Mew/Mewtwo story.
    I think there's a better chance of seeing that happen in a time period where we haven't seen Mewtwo or Mew yet, like that of Black and White. We know where Mewtwo and Mr. Fuji ended up in the Generation II period - nothing much had changed.

Faraway Island is not located in Hoenn. It should be possible to reach the island from anywhere in the world, and if anything, Unova is closer to it than Hoenn is.

Blog Entries

I think Ruby and Saphire should get Seasons, but we do have to keep in mind that Hoenn is a Tropical southern region. So there would be an issue in having Winter seasons. Not cold enough in the tropics to have Hail.
    Mew was captured on an island off of Guyana, South America. If you look at the PokéNav while you're on the island, you'll see that you're no where in the Hoenn Region. Granted, doesn't mean what you said couldn't still happen, but I was just clearing this up.

And if they add a few other places, like some huge mountains (including one with a strange magnetic field?) they'll be able to have Hail there. I do agree about making sure it retains it's tropical climate.

Ok maybe I should point out that IF the remakes do come out in Gen V, they're gonna probably be on DS not 3DS.
    Or they could just wait to gen VI for the remakes where ALL the games would be on the same console, because It makes no sense whatsoever if B/W were on DS and R/S remakes on 3DS.
    NO SENSE WHATSOEVER
    Nour386 likes this.
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

Hoenn could have a dry season and a wet season instead of snow and hail.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.