152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 89 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

how about Terra Ruby Maris Saphire? Terra and Maris are latin for land/sea. the are related by a root language and are oppisates.. plus gratius Latin lol
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

if so maybe have some cool certain events that brings more of steven into more understanding of him

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    Again, I ask if you'd have guessed HeartGold and SoulSilver before the titles were announced. And the words aren't random. They're linked to the descriptions of the Ruby and Sapphire Key Items from FireRed and LeafGreen.

And even if they were random, the fact that NOA was going to change LeafGreen to WaterBlue before Masuda and the others told them not to shows that the names aren't supposed to strictly adhere to any particular theme.
    I don't see how they're linked to those two items - they were called simple the Sapphire Plate and the Ruby Plate, and don't mention anything like that at all. I realise they don't have to link to a common theme, but just throwing some words together doesn't seem like something they would do.

Have anybody suggested Red Ruby and Blue Sapphire?
    Simplest thing
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    how about Terra Ruby Maris Saphire? Terra and Maris are latin for land/sea. the are related by a root language and are oppisates.. plus gratius Latin lol
    TerraRuby is a possibility, but MarisSapphire sounds a bit too complicated. Most kids understand that terra means land, but they don't know that maris means sea.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I guess a really obvious choice would be AquaSapphire and MagmaRuby, and they make sense.

Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember reading that they don't name the games after opposing concepts, but rather concepts that complement each other.

From Bulbapedia:

According to Junichi Masuda, the reason why LeafGreen did not become WaterBlue outside of Japan was for the following reasons: A leaf is a symbol of peace, while fire and water are opposing concepts and thus would seem more like a conflict. A leaf is also an easier concept to grasp and translate into other languages, and in this world of conflicts, the creators wanted to give a name suggestive of a peaceful world. Game Freak also wanted a colorful drawing of a Bulbasaur family member on the boxart. Masuda explains that, as with legendary Pokémon, creating a title for each Pokémon game that can be used and easily understood in all countries is not an easy task.
    And with the names "HeartGold and SoulSilver" coming pretty much out of left-field, since I'm sure nobody guessed that one, there's no telling what these remakes' names could be. I'm going to just make a random guess and say "LoveRuby and FaithSapphire", since a ruby has somewhat of a connection to love (red being one of the colors of Valentine's Day), and a sapphire is said to represent truth and faithfulness. "Faith and love" is a phrase I see used often as well, so I dunno, it may work. The two words seem to be the "complementary" factor that GF goes for when naming remakes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciate View Post
    TerraRuby is a possibility, but MarisSapphire sounds a bit too complicated. Most kids understand that terra means land, but they don't know that maris means sea.
    well.. then they learn something new XD. it fits the theme as Kyogre and groudon are the embodiments of Land and Sea plus it sounds cool or Ignus Ruby and Aqua Saphire (Fire and Water in latin) plus Heart and Soul is a phrase such as I love you with all my HEART and SOUL
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dwebble View Post
    I don't see how they're linked to those two items - they were called simple the Sapphire Plate and the Ruby Plate, and don't mention anything like that at all. I realise they don't have to link to a common theme, but just throwing some words together doesn't seem like something they would do.
    I suggest you go here and read the descriptions before you say something like that. I didn't pull Honest and Passion out of the sky. There they are, in the ingame text in FireRed and LeafGreen (and Emerald, but that's just because they're lazy and reused resources from FRLG).

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I suggest you go here and read the descriptions before you say something like that. I didn't pull Honest and Passion out of the sky. There they are, in the ingame text in FireRed and LeafGreen (and Emerald, but that's just because they're lazy and reused resources from FRLG).
    Apologies - I used Serebii to look for them, and it doesn't say that on the FR/LG Items page. But still, those two items were more related to FR/LG than the actual Gen III games, so I don't see how using them for the RSEmakes would make sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dwebble View Post
    Apologies - I used Serebii to look for them, and it doesn't say that on the FR/LG Items page. But still, those two items were more related to FR/LG than the actual Gen III games, so I don't see how using them for the RSEmakes would make sense.
    Clearly, they had Ruby and Sapphire in mind when choosing what items to put there. Otherwise, why not use Gold and Silver bars? (GS being part of the National Dex), or something else? Even if they just chose a Ruby and Sapphire (the items) because they were the newest games and the ones you could trade with, it shows that they were thinking about Ruby and Sapphire (the games). Yes, they're in FRLG, but they unlock trading with Ruby/Sapphire.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Clearly, they had Ruby and Sapphire in mind when choosing what items to put there. Otherwise, why not use Gold and Silver bars? (GS being part of the National Dex), or something else? Even if they just chose a Ruby and Sapphire (the items) because they were the newest games and the ones you could trade with, it shows that they were thinking about Ruby and Sapphire (the games). Yes, they're in FRLG, but they unlock trading with Ruby/Sapphire.
    They had Ruby and Sapphire in mind when naming those items, yes, but they aren't a pivotal part of those two games - they unlock something for those games to do, yes, but from within another game. If they were an important part of Ruby and Sapphire's storyline, then I would agree with you that the remakes could possibly be named after them, but they're not - it makes more sense to name the remakes after something important in those games. They might not even be items in the remakes, what with them being on the DS console now, as opposed to the GBA back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I've avoided guessing the names till now (And I still am) but these sound like they could work. Honestly, nobody knew about FireRed and LeafGreen and nobody guessed HeartGold and SoulSilver so i'm not sure any of us should act as if we've got all the definitive answers on how GF operates when it comes to the remakes.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciate View Post
    MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire were made up a long time ago. I think there are some fake videos on Youtube about these names.

PassionRuby and HonestSapphire are the best names, in my opinion. A ruby represents passion, and a sapphire represents honesty(but Purim already stated that in a previous post).
    They were made up a while ago most likely because they make the most sense.

I fail to see how Passion/Honesty compare in meaning to Magma/Aqua for very obvious reasons. The only reason why I'm seeing these really odd names is because they for some other odd reason follow the suit of Heart/Soul in that they are based on feelings.

Believe it or not Heart/Soul actually fit in with Johto very well, but to do another similar theme with Hoenn doesn't make sense.

MagmaRuby/AquaSapphire just makes sense, is simple, is catchy and easy, and most of all fits the theme of the games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Believe it or not Heart/Soul actually fit in with Johto very well, but to do another similar theme with Hoenn doesn't make sense.
    Indulge me. How, prior to HeartGold/SoulSilver, did the Heart/Soul motif fit in Johto? To me, it seems more like they made it fit, rather than built on something that was already there.