Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!) - Page 87

View Poll Results: When would you like R/S/E Remakes

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this generation

    195 47.56%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

    152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

    16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

    47 11.46%
Page 87 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

  1. #1291
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    So.. does anyone else think that Mewtwo might unlock the Faraway Island Event like the Old Sea map did in emerald?
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  2. #1292
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    I just know that there are a lot of fans who would revolt if GF changed -anything- at all from the original "cannon".

    Me, I'd love a bit of mix-up. Make it a sequel, and have Hoenn have had an earthquake/flooding from the evil teams' actions in the past however-many years, completely skewing the landscape. In Ruby2, everything is more rocky, less plants/lakes; Sapphire2 has become a swampier area. Totally change the landscape per version. Like, remove the desert completely from S2, and expand it in R2. I'd love new stuff like that, but a lot of people hate the very idea of such a change...
    I actually like that idea, but not if it removes the possibility of a remake.

    I'm not sure if a 3DS cartridge can hold this much or not, but how about when you first get the game, you play it as a remake, with the same story and such, but once you finish the story, you unlock another game, the sequel, and it can either save along side the remake's save file, or let it save on the SD card, but either way, not making the sequel part of the game remove your progress on the remake part of the game. This way, you practically get two games in one. You will be able to play the remake part or the sequel and not worry about losing the data from the other save file.

  3. #1293
    Depraved Pervert Pokelova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    689
    Trophies

    Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I'm not sure if a 3DS cartridge can hold this much or not, but how about when you first get the game, you play it as a remake, with the same story and such, but once you finish the story, you unlock another game, the sequel, and it can either save along side the remake's save file, or let it save on the SD card, but either way, not making the sequel part of the game remove your progress on the remake part of the game. This way, you practically get two games in one. You will be able to play the remake part or the sequel and not worry about losing the data from the other save file.
    That doesn't sound like something that would ever happen with a main series Pokemon game.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

  4. #1294
    Registered User Blue1225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I too once dwelled in Arcady
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    So.. does anyone else think that Mewtwo might unlock the Faraway Island Event like the Old Sea map did in emerald?
    I do. Mew appeared in Hoenn before afterall and were bound to see a few legendaries from the previous regions. The fact that we have Mewtwo kinda leads me to believe we could see Mew.

    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

    "For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

  5. #1295
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,393
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue1225 View Post
    I do. Mew appeared in Hoenn before afterall and were bound to see a few legendaries from the previous regions. The fact that we have Mewtwo kinda leads me to believe we could see Mew.
    Faraway Island is nowhere near Hoenn; it is actually closer to Unova. The only reason why the Old Sea Map event was restricted to Emerald is that by the time Mew was distributed, FRLG were no longer the newest games. Since any event involving Mewtwo is going to be new (even if it takes place in Faraway Island), I don't see any reason to expect remakes over a Unova-related game.

  6. #1296
    Registered User Blue1225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    I too once dwelled in Arcady
    Posts
    1,087

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Faraway Island is nowhere near Hoenn; it is actually closer to Unova. The only reason why the Old Sea Map event was restricted to Emerald is that by the time Mew was distributed, FRLG were no longer the newest games. Since any event involving Mewtwo is going to be new (even if it takes place in Faraway Island), I don't see any reason to expect remakes over a Unova-related game.
    ...I meant the Hoenn games. I'm aware of why the map appeared in Emerald, but the fact remains it appeared and that there's a chance we could see Mew again.

    What remakes are you talking about?

    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

    "For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

  7. #1297
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,393
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue1225 View Post
    What remakes are you talking about?
    The ones being discussed here. A Mewtwo event could fit in any game, but the second most prominent Pokémon that is being promoted right now is Kyurem; surely Generation III would be more prominent if remakes were going to be released in a few months from now.

    I don't see remakes accommodating Keldeo and Meloetta events next year, either. At least with Deoxys it turned out to be more relevant to the Sevii Islands than to Hoenn, which is why it was used to promote FRLG in 2004.

  8. #1298
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The ones being discussed here. A Mewtwo event could fit in any game, but the second most prominent Pokémon that is being promoted right now is Kyurem; surely Generation III would be more prominent if remakes were going to be released in a few months from now.

    I don't see remakes accommodating Keldeo and Meloetta events next year, either. At least with Deoxys it turned out to be more relevant to the Sevii Islands than to Hoenn, which is why it was used to promote FRLG in 2004.
    Well we had the Faraway island event in Emerald... so we can have the event programed in and Mewtwo could be used to activate it like the OSM before him... and yeah it is far from Hoenn is isn't called 'Far Away' Island for nothing... w are gettong a Mewtwo event which I'm positive has nothing to do with the TCG. SO it has to unlock somethibng or else it'd be useless since we can already get him easy.

    It will get us a free Mew and give Mewtwo a actual purpose...we'll see Sunday though
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  9. #1299
    EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    I was reading comments on the last page, and, having mostly used my mind for other things prior to that quick reading/browsing, I have only one thing to offer.

    How does Deep Sapphire sound? Kyogre, after all, doesn't have to do with freezing temperatures or marshes, but is, after all, responsible for the ocean deeps. (It also sounds like you're explaining a jewel's color.)

    Blazing Ruby is a suggestion for Ruby [but that would mean I have two things to offer]. [It too sounds like an adequate description for a jewel, and for the sun.] It's probably been suggested before though.
    Last edited by League; 16th September 2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

    Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

    And I take hoedowns seriously.

  10. #1300
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    ^ They sound OK, I just really don't like the names PassionRuby and HonestSapphire. They suck.
    Last edited by Oswin; 29th November 2011 at 11:08 AM.

  11. #1301
    Always Works Purim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    235
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    ^ They sound OK, I just really don't like the names PassionRuby and HonestSapphire. The suck.
    At the same time, would you have guessed "HeartGold/SoulSilver"? Most guesses I saw were stuff like GlitteryGold/SparklingSilver. While FireRed/LeafGreen may have had obvious prefixes, HeartGold/SoulSilver rather threw a loop in anything predictable.
    Georgie Pie likes this.

  12. #1302
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    1,757
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    PassionRuby and HonestSapphire don't sound right to me. I liked HeartGold and SoulSilver because they were, essentially, the opposite of each other (Heart/Soul - they're often seen as opposites, anyway). Passion and Honesty don't seem like opposites to me - or anything to do with each other, in fact. I have no idea what they could be called, but I wouldn't be surprised if the name of the Ruby remake was tied in with the word Terra in some way - Terra being the planet Earth/Terrae being extensive land masses.

  13. #1303
    Fandom Freak Georgie Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    It's finally warm out!
    Posts
    438
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwebble View Post
    PassionRuby and HonestSapphire don't sound right to me. I liked HeartGold and SoulSilver because they were, essentially, the opposite of each other (Heart/Soul - they're often seen as opposites, anyway). Passion and Honesty don't seem like opposites to me - or anything to do with each other, in fact. I have no idea what they could be called, but I wouldn't be surprised if the name of the Ruby remake was tied in with the word Terra in some way - Terra being the planet Earth/Terrae being extensive land masses.
    How about "TerraRuby" and "MareSapphire"? (Mare is Italian for "sea")

    "Sapphire" itself is so very long, I can't see them adding another long word without it being hard to say/remember/print on a box.

  14. #1304
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,682
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    How about LandRuby and SeaSapphire :P

    Simple, but gets the job done.

  15. #1305
    Always Works Purim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    235
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwebble View Post
    I liked HeartGold and SoulSilver because they were, essentially, the opposite of each other (Heart/Soul - they're often seen as opposites, anyway).
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't see Heart and Soul as opposites. It reminds me of the phrase "I love you with all my heart and soul" that is to say, my entire being. Perhaps it could be opposites in regards to which part of me we're talking about (Heart being a physical part, Soul being a spiritual part), but they're both still parts of me.

    I guess what I want to get across is it's not going to be predictable. PassionRuby and HonestSapphire aren't any more likely to be the names any more than TerraRuby and MareSapphire. Or BlazingRuby/SoothingSapphire. Or anything that we'll think of.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •