152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 84 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciate View Post
    ...what's your point again? Four Pokemon don't constitute a majority. Not that the latter two are even particularly useful in any way, either.

The champion of the Hoenn region will be Steven Stone.
    Your guesses are as good as anyone's; don't enforce them as facts. There's no reason to believe Emerald version elements won't play a part in the potential remakes, just as Crystal elements played a role in HGSS.
    Last edited by Ivysaur; 11th September 2011 at 01:50 PM.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    ...what's your point again? Four Pokemon don't constitute a majority. Not that the latter two are even particularly useful in any way, either.

Your guesses are as good as anyone's; don't enforce them as facts. There's no reason to believe Emerald version elements won't play a part in the potential remakes, just as Crystal elements played a role in HGSS.
    I just pointed out that some Hoenn Water-type Pokémon are physical attackers. Besides, Huntail is a very useful Pokémon because of Shell Smash.

I am aware that Emerald version elements are a possibility, but Steven is obviously the real Hoenn champion. Do you remember HeartGold and SoulSilver? Steven introduced himself as the Hoenn champion in these games.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

I just pointed out that some Hoenn Water-type Pokémon are physical attackers. Besides, Huntail is a very useful Pokémon because of Shell Smash.

I am aware that Emerald version elements are a possibility, but Steven is obviously the real Hoenn champion. Do you remember HeartGold and SoulSilver? Steven introduced himself as the Hoenn champion in these games.
    A lot of people simply like to think of that as being a "Once a Champion always a Champion" kind of thing. Emerald's the set canon version so I don't see why Wallace can't be Champion and Steven the bonus boss. Or as I said before, Steven starts of as the champion, but the 2nd time you face the League he's given the position to Wallace.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1225 View Post
    A lot of people simply like to think of that as being a "Once a Champion always a Champion" kind of thing. Emerald's the set canon version so I don't see why Wallace can't be Champion and Steven the bonus boss. Or as I said before, Steven starts of as the champion, but the 2nd time you face the League he's given the position to Wallace.
    That could be a possibility, but what happens to Steven after his defeat? He could train deep inside the Meteor Falls(similar to Emerald).
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

That could be a possibility, but what happens to Steven after his defeat? He could train deep inside the Meteor Falls(similar to Emerald).
    Exactly. Depending on how much new material they add to the games he might appear to help you in another side quest, like how Lorelei appeared to help Red on the Sevii Islands.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

that would be cool... But Wallace gaveme hell (Damn that damnLudicolo) but I was way underleveld... I think they should put Audino in so it won't be hard to level grind XD
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Good point about Huntail, but its stats and the rest of its movepool are still rather lacking.

If it's to be believed HGSS takes place 3 years after RSE (which is a common theory), then Steven might've reclaimed the Champion title during the 3 years. That still leaves an open possibility of Wallace being the Champion in a RSEmake (in Emerald, Wallace became the Champion after Steven stepped down. As third versions are usually regarded as the canonical entry, it would make sense for Wallace to remain the champion.

There's also the possibility that, after you step down as Champion, you're still recognized as a Champion--as was the case with Red in GSCHGSS.

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

I don't think it will be Steven or Wallace. Gen 5 is about 9 years after the originals. There's almost no way that Wallace keeps the title for 9 years. I suppose it's possible that Steven would take the title back, but it would make everything somewhat confusing. Wouldn't it make more sense to have somebody new?

I think...
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike Queen Scorpia View Post
    I don't think it will be Steven or Wallace. Gen 5 is about 9 years after the originals. There's almost no way that Wallace keeps the title for 9 years. I suppose it's possible that Steven would take the title back, but it would make everything somewhat confusing. Wouldn't it make more sense to have somebody new?

I think...
    I think they will keep it in the Gen I timeline....
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Yeah, if these are remakes, they certainly won't be changing when the games happen. Though, on the very slim chance we get something along the lines of a sequel, then sure, why not?

Serenity is key
    Blog Entries

^^ I'd like a sequel. :)

Maybe you could fight the original PCs in a double battle? (Brendan/May having convinced May/Brendan to come back and train again) or Wally could be in the E4.

Hmm...
    Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.

I'm expecting sequels in Gen 6, since I don't expect GF to remake the Gen 4 games for a good while. And remakes are always set at the same time the originals occured. They just replace the original games. And like I said before: Once a Champion, Aways a Champion. (Though I don't see why its hard to believe Wallace could be Champion for some 9 years. He is a master trainer afterall.)

I chose Sceptile in Emerald version, so I pretty much destroyed Wallace's team.

Blog Entries

I got an idea... make Wallace the gym leader in one version and make Juan a gym leader in the other version and keep Steven as the champion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tepig View Post
    I got an idea... make Wallace the gym leader in one version and make Juan a gym leader in the other version and keep Steven as the champion.
    I kinda like that idea, even if it is an awful lot like the last gym in BW...

What if the -champion- was what switched between versions? Still really similar, but not -quite- as much.

Blog Entries

My idea is that Wallace is the Leader who gives you your 8th Badge, and Steven is the champion during your first trip through the E4. After that, post-game story takes you around and introduces you to Juan, the new Sootopolis Gym Leader, Wallace becomes the Champion, and Steven goes to Meteor Falls to search for stones.