152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 80 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
    Yeah. Except that food is necessary for your survival and tuition is necessary for jobs... The 3DS is purely, entirely optional. It is solely for entertainment purposes. Unless you can't survive without entertainment.

You cannot compare what you need and what you want. Totally different.
    My point was kinda supposed to be that I can't buy things I want because I have to put all my money towards my needs, but oh well. I'm famous for being unable to communicate clearly. But not really.

I guess I'm just kinda sore that games aren't as cheap as they used to be, damned economy. That's all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    My point was kinda supposed to be that I can't buy things I want because I have to put all my money towards my needs, but oh well. I'm famous for being unable to communicate clearly. But not really.

I guess I'm just kinda sore that games aren't as cheap as they used to be, damned economy. That's all.
    At least the3DS got a major price drop though. $177 dollars is cheep for a game system really... plus you will have to get one eventually. why not now?
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    Yeah. Except that food is necessary for your survival and tuition is necessary for jobs... The 3DS is purely, entirely optional. It is solely for entertainment purposes. Unless you can't survive without entertainment.

You cannot compare what you need and what you want. Totally different.
    I have no idea what point you're trying to make, because it seems like you're trying to defend the opinion that games should move forward, and seemingly criticizing a person for wanting to stick with the DS, but all your points agree with them.

Yes, the 3DS is entirely optional, the point being made was people can't spend the money on it. You want to say you can't compare your needs and wants, but you forget that they get paid for by the same source, and by your very argument, the needs come before the wants.

They want to play Pokemon, they can't afford a 3DS, hence Georgie Pie's comment "Anyways, y'all have fun on your 3DSs, I'm gonna go back to playing SS on my 'Lite."

I honestly don't understand if you were trying to defend the 3DS or just emphasize how unnecessary it is.

Quite frankly, I'd love for Game Freak to put a game on the 3DS and utilize its features, but I fear that it will wind up like DP, and just be a game on a 3DS, rather than a 3DS game. DP hardly used the touchscreen except for gimmicks. The whole Poketch was basically a "let's see how many touch screen gimmicks we can shove!" feature. It wasn't until HgSs that I actually felt the touchscreen interface made the gaming much smoother. Game Freak hardly ever seems to move forward in that respect. When DP came out, I asked "why is the menu not touch screen" and "they're leaving out the BF for the third version aren't they -_-", when HgSs came out I asked "why is the walking feature so restrictive" rather than allowing us to choose a Pokemon to walk with, while not being the Pokemon we want to send out in battle first. I've heard lame arguments like "you can always switch before a battle" as if we really want to switch every two steps on our play through, missing the point we shouldn't have to. Anyway, RS facepalm moment was "why no moving sprites?" and in BW, I heavily criticized the lack of 3on3 and Rotation battles in the Subway.

Point is, Game Freak seems to like taking a million steps back in their production so their eventual 'third versions' and remakes look good comparatively rather than taking the forward approach and actually making the new games better.
    Georgie Pie likes this.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe we should move back to the game speculation and away from the bickering.

My thought: Will there be a new hail route? There's potential to replace it with one of the routes covered in ash or to put hail on the top of Mt.Pyre. In Winter it would actually be interesting if snow fell instead of ash in Fallabor town, and the summit of Mt.Pyre was covered in snow. Some new Winter only Pokemon like Snorunt or maybe another Ice type (Hoenn had a serious lack of Ice types) could be available there.

Thoughts?
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Sounds like a good idea, and seems possible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    At least the3DS got a major price drop though. $177 dollars is cheap for a game system really... plus you will have to get one eventually. why not now?
    Because I have no money.

Quote Originally Posted by GengarEatBanana View Post

My thought: Will there be a new hail route? There's potential to replace it with one of the routes covered in ash or to put hail on the top of Mt.Pyre. In Winter it would actually be interesting if snow fell instead of ash in Fallabor town, and the summit of Mt.Pyre was covered in snow. Some new Winter only Pokemon like Snorunt or maybe another Ice type (Hoenn had a serious lack of Ice types) could be available there.

Thoughts?
    I think it'd be cool to combine the ash and the snow in Fallabor. Somehow. Kind of a fire-and-ice theme, though it'd be impossible for there to be a lot of snow once you got on top of the volcano... Eh, it looks cool in my head.
    Last edited by Georgie Pie; 9th September 2011 at 07:26 AM.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Because I have no money.
    Then get to saving up.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

If the games are made, I hope Steven is the champion again, having the last gym as a water type and the champion sucked.
    Georgie Pie likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    Then get to saving up.
    *sigh* I'm not going to repeat the whole conversation about needing all my income to pay for college and living expenses.

---

All right, done whining about being broke. I'm gonna try to stay on topic now...

Here goes: not sure if this has been mentioned before, but what if they kind of combined ball capsules with the following Pokemon feature? Like, you get a dozen or so capsules to decorate in your PC like before, but one of them is red instead of blue. You can decorate it or not decorate it, but it's a special capsule that allows you to keep that 'mon outside of its ball when you walk. Some NPC can spin some nonsense about how/why you have to do this to keep a Pokemon outside of its ball. But then you can pick which 'mon follows you! Or even have no one following you at all by not even using the capsules. Oh, and you would have to remove the capsule before depositing that Pokemon in the PC, just like normal ball capsules.

Might be a shade too complicated, but I think it'd be a good way to let us pick which Pokemon follows us, and it'd give people who don't want Pokemon to follow them a way to do that.

Also, didn't your rival have a younger sibling in RSE? I think they did. The little sibling could show up at your front door to introduce you to ball capsules and give you a few basic seals at the beginning of your journey as a house-warming present. That way you could have Pokemon following you from the start.

Or perhaps your starter defaults to having the red capsule, and you have to have your starter in your party and following you until later in the story when you get access to the normal capsules and the decorate options.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

That sounds like a good idea, especially the neighbour giving you seals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    That sounds like a good idea, especially the neighbour giving you seals.
    Thank you :D

It always feels like it takes forever to unlock the seals in the games that have them. It'd be kinda annoying to have to wait for half the game to get Pokemon to follow you, or to have something besides your starter follow you.

---

Just thought of something: with the following 'mons feature, it'd be neat if you had a Pokemon with Pickup following you, and you could check if it had items by talking to it. Either you could get the item directly by talking to your 'mon, or you'd get an "Oh, -Pokemon Name- seems to be holding an item. Did it have that before?" And then you'd go through the party menu and get the item.

If they're so desperate for money, wouldn't it be better to release it on both the DS and the 3DS? Rather than alienating a large portion of the fanbase, y'know. Whatever they end up doing, suddenly cutting off all non-3DS users would be a really stupid move. It's better to ease into these things, like how the first Mystery Dungeon games were available for both GBA and DS. Right now not everyone has a 3DS, and it's definitely too pricy to essentially force people to buy it. They'd lose money if they expected everyone to suddenly buy a new game and a new system.
    No, releasing on two consoles is a horrible idea. Twice as expensive and half the profit. The DS is going to die after an incredible lifecycle, why try and prolong it. One game won't succeed in reviving it or delaying the inevitable. The Mystery Dungeon series doesnt come close to being as good or as successful as the main series.

Making a game for two consoles would cause more issues than it would solve. The DS version would have to suffer. Nintendo have invested so much into the new console that releasing it on anything but the 3DS would be telling the fan base that they will abandon the new console and Nintendo are fiercely loyal to their machines.

They would make money on a 3DS because the Pokemon fan base is massive and loyal enough that everyone who hasnot yet bought into the 3DS will want to because of their love for the games. And this is going to change with the forthcoming release schedule, a new Mario platformer, a new Mario Kart, Kid Icarus etc . I guarantee there will be no more main series games on the DS and the 3DS is the future.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Because I have no money.
    or ask Santa Clause for one.

on topic now: I would love to see a place kind of like that underwater ruins in Unova somewhere in Hoenn, but put it in the desert

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GengarEatBanana View Post

Thoughts?
    I think Shoal Cave covers the Ice type thing.

Team Black

Team White

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    I think Shoal Cave covers the Ice type thing.
    Plus Hoenn is tropical... the hail think just doesn't fit... and yeah Shaol cave is the only place that the ice type can be found
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458