152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 79 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

Doi. I forgot the most triumphant example.

The 3DS can take the 'registration' data of the DSi, including Friend Codes and software. There. There's proof of connection.

OK i'm convinced but i prefer that they close the gen V with grey and leave the R/S remakes for gen VI when ALL the games will be on 3DS
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

There's no sense doing "Grey" on DS. Whatever the next main game is, it has to be on 3DS. Nintendo will practically insist on it I reckon. They are desperate for the cash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
    There's no sense doing "Grey" on DS. Whatever the next main game is, it has to be on 3DS. Nintendo will practically insist on it I reckon. They are desperate for the cash.
    If they're so desperate for money, wouldn't it be better to release it on both the DS and the 3DS? Rather than alienating a large portion of the fanbase, y'know. Whatever they end up doing, suddenly cutting off all non-3DS users would be a really stupid move. It's better to ease into these things, like how the first Mystery Dungeon games were available for both GBA and DS. Right now not everyone has a 3DS, and it's definitely too pricy to essentially force people to buy it. They'd lose money if they expected everyone to suddenly buy a new game and a new system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    If they're so desperate for money, wouldn't it be better to release it on both the DS and the 3DS? Rather than alienating a large portion of the fanbase, y'know. Whatever they end up doing, suddenly cutting off all non-3DS users would be a really stupid move.
    I don't think it'd be a stupid move because we've been stuck with the DS for quite a long time.

It's better to ease into these things, like how the first Mystery Dungeon games were available for both GBA and DS. Right now not everyone has a 3DS, and it's definitely too pricy to essentially force people to buy it.
    Still complaining even after the price went down? Heh...

They'd lose money if they expected everyone to suddenly buy a new game and a new system.
    Sure, they'd lose money. But that actually forces some people to buy the 3DS, which would be profitable for Nintendo and for the future of Pokemon games on the 3DS.

And it isn't so sudden that there's a new game on a "new" system... By the time the remakes are released, the 3DS would be an "older" system.

Game Freak is going to let go of the DS... Eventually and quite soon. The DS won't be alive forever.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I agree that the DS is pretty much dead. The next games like the remakes we are talking about in this thread would most likely be for the 3DS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    I agree that the DS is pretty much dead. The next games like the remakes we are talking about in this thread would most likely be for the 3DS.
    I wouldn't say that it's pretty much dead, but rather dying.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐

Blog Entries

Yeh it's dying and will be dead by the time the next Pokemon game comes out Probibly the R/S remakes... which will roughly be 2012 the 3DS will have been out for a year and you'll have to get one for Gen VI anyway might as well mov on to a diferent system (Which theydone before nobody complained when Crystal was GBC exlusive right?)
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη
    Still complaining even after the price went down? Heh...
    Well, sorry for needing to spend money on things like food and tuition.

Anyways, y'all have fun on your 3DSs, I'm gonna go back to playing SS on my 'Lite.

I don't often participate in speculation threads - and this is likely as distant from the point at hand that you may not want to hear it - but my only real issue here is that I'll be expected to by a 3DS just to continue enjoying this series of games. The 3DS is pointless, a gimmicky bundle of wasted resources that leaves a foul taste in my mouth when I even consider owning one. I'm not a crotchety old man (not yet, anyways) but I'm likely part of a growing minority of gamers that feels they've been forced to 'upgrade' enough. If buying a new console or portable gaming device every few years is what it takes to play Pokemon, just count me out.

Blog Entries

Technology advances, get over it. If it wasn't for their insistent focus on 3D, people would realize the 3DS isn't just DS with 3D.

Though, given Pokemon's track record and Masuda's comment about how putting Pokemon on a different system is enough to make it different, staying with the same system may actually be beneficial for the advancement of this particular franchise. They'll actually have to think for once, about how to give us a new gaming experience.

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

And the 3DS is more than just 3D. Nintendo can shape the future of the device any way they want, like the extension Circle Pad. The gyroscope feature played a huge role in OoT 3D.

Psystrike is right. GameFreak is going to have to provide us with a new style of gameplay, and I'd like to see them use the 3DS's features.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    Well, sorry for needing to spend money on things like food and tuition.

Anyways, y'all have fun on your 3DSs, I'm gonna go back to playing SS on my 'Lite.
    Yeah. Except that food is necessary for your survival and tuition is necessary for jobs... The 3DS is purely, entirely optional. It is solely for entertainment purposes. Unless you can't survive without entertainment.

You cannot compare what you need and what you want. Totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper Potion View Post
    I don't often participate in speculation threads - and this is likely as distant from the point at hand that you may not want to hear it - but my only real issue here is that I'll be expected to by a 3DS just to continue enjoying this series of games. The 3DS is pointless, a gimmicky bundle of wasted resources that leaves a foul taste in my mouth when I even consider owning one. I'm not a crotchety old man (not yet, anyways) but I'm likely part of a growing minority of gamers that feels they've been forced to 'upgrade' enough. If buying a new console or portable gaming device every few years is what it takes to play Pokemon, just count me out.
    The DS was just AS gimmicky as the 3DS when it came out.

I'm not understanding why people are making a big deal about jumping between handheld consoles. The DS has the largest amount of Pokemon games, maybe you guys are too attached to the DS?
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐

Disaster approaches... BlackwaterPark's Avatar

I just got a 3DS a few days ago, and let me just say that Hoenn would look absolutely amazing on that system. Hoenn is probably my favorite region but the GBA graphics don't do it justice at all. Seriously, places like Mt. Chimney, Mt. Pyre, Meteor Falls, Fortree City, Sootopolis City, etc. would be astounding on the 3DS. And underwater... oh, man.
    Current activity: Playing through Platinum for the first time.

1. Find shiny Pokemon
    2. Determine Secret ID
    3. RNG to my heart's content!

Last updated April 17, 2012

Blog Entries

like the others said the 3DS isn't just 3D the processing power is amazing and it has far more power then the DS series. think of all they can do with Pokemon on the 3DS. Pokemon has been on the DS for seven years (Pokemon Dash was the first released in 2004) so you didn't have to buy a new system for a long time. it's about damn time they moved on from it and the 3DS IS NOWHERE NEAR AS EXPENSIVE AS IT WAS! honestly it's about the same price as the DS when it came out possibly cheeper
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458