Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!) - Page 77

View Poll Results: When would you like R/S/E Remakes

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this generation

    195 47.56%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

    152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

    16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

    47 11.46%
Page 77 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

  1. #1141
    Always Works Purim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    235
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    You know what I miss? Having the Pokemon available change with the time of day. It didn't really hurt BW by not having it, but I always liked the challenge of having to wait to find certain Pokemon. They could even combine it with the seasons feature!

    Imagine this: Relicanth is available all year round, all day in the deep ocean trenches, but is fishable along the coast of the ocean at night during the winter months. Or perhaps Chimecho is only available during the evening in the fall. Or something like that. It'd be a great challenge, and it'd mean it would take more than a few days to catch all of the Pokemon, because you'd have to wait for the seasons to change.

    ---

    On the topic of the 3DS, I really would prefer them not to release the Pokemon games on it. I'm a college student, I can barely afford the games, let alone a new system, and the 3D effect gives me a nasty migraine after a while. I know I can turn the 3d off, but at that point there's no point at -all- in buying the system, since without 3D it's essentially an overpriced DSi with a tiny screen. </endrant>
    On Pokémon and Time: While I agree that BW is kinda silly in that time has no effect, I don't think there should be specific times inwhich a Pokémon appears in the wild. Exceptions for stuff like Drifloon and Lapras who appear every week on the same day. Something like a Pokémon only obtainable during a certain time and season seems kinda overboard.

    On 3DS: it's not just a DSi with a 3D effect: the 3DS has a huge processing power advantage over the DS. There's many different things that they could do with that additional power and memory capabilities.
    sonic10158 likes this.

  2. #1142
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by darkqueen View Post
    Hey, I was wondering they could make Ruby Sapphire into a Wii remake. Then you can hold the remote and actually "throw" the pokeball XD
    I'd rather it be on the Wii U than the Wii, because then you can still have that feature, but have that tablet controller to use for things like the bag, battle strategy, C-gear type things, etc

  3. #1143
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,684
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    I'd rather they make it for the DS, and focus on a new Pokémon game for the Wii/Wii U.

    If RSEmakes are made, and walking Pokémon return, I want Castform to change form depending on the location.

  4. #1144
    Registered User Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    The remakes would be on DS or 3DS, I be pretty pissed if they shift the main series games to another console like Wii. Anyway, I am hoping for some new stuff added to the games like walking with your pokemon.

  5. #1145
    Fandom Freak Georgie Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    It's finally warm out!
    Posts
    438
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    On Pokémon and Time: While I agree that BW is kinda silly in that time has no effect, I don't think there should be specific times inwhich a Pokémon appears in the wild. Exceptions for stuff like Drifloon and Lapras who appear every week on the same day. Something like a Pokémon only obtainable during a certain time and season seems kinda overboard.

    On 3DS: it's not just a DSi with a 3D effect: the 3DS has a huge processing power advantage over the DS. There's many different things that they could do with that additional power and memory capabilities.
    Eh, I'd actually like it if they made finding Pokemon more complicated. It'd make the game a lot more fun, in my opinion. I like challenges like that.

    ---

    And I've never had any power/memory/whatnot problems with my Lite or DSi. I guess I'm just not interested in "fixing" what isn't broken. Especially since that "fixing" takes a couple hundred dollars. I guess I just really don't see a reason to ever buy a 3DS.
    Blue1225 likes this.

  6. #1146
    Registered User Alexander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    I like to see them put Regigigas in the remakes considering it is the master of the other three Regis.

  7. #1147
    Always Works Purim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    235
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    Eh, I'd actually like it if they made finding Pokemon more complicated. It'd make the game a lot more fun, in my opinion. I like challenges like that.

    ---

    And I've never had any power/memory/whatnot problems with my Lite or DSi. I guess I'm just not interested in "fixing" what isn't broken. Especially since that "fixing" takes a couple hundred dollars. I guess I just really don't see a reason to ever buy a 3DS.
    1. To each their own. I'm completing the Unova Pokédex right now, so I understand that it's fun to go find the Pokémon. But I'd rather it simpler if possible.

    2. It's not something you'll really 'see'... the games are made to use the capabilities of the system without breaking them. The 3DS is stronger and capable of more complex processing than the DS is. It's like comparing the PS2 to the PS3, or the N64 to the GameCube: the more powerful system can just handle more processor-heavy things (like full 3D graphics [not 3D-pop-out-3D, but 3D-everything-has-height,-width,-and-volume-3D]).

    It might not be broken, but the stronger processing power of the 3DS makes it more capable than the DS was.

  8. #1148
    Fandom Freak Georgie Pie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    It's finally warm out!
    Posts
    438
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Purim
    2. It's not something you'll really 'see'... the games are made to use the capabilities of the system without breaking them. The 3DS is stronger and capable of more complex processing than the DS is. It's like comparing the PS2 to the PS3, or the N64 to the GameCube: the more powerful system can just handle more processor-heavy things (like full 3D graphics [not 3D-pop-out-3D, but 3D-everything-has-height,-width,-and-volume-3D]).

    It might not be broken, but the stronger processing power of the 3DS makes it more capable than the DS was.
    Eh, I guess that as long as my Lite is working, I really don't see a reason to replace it... but I'll see if I can't track down someone irl with the 3DS. Maybe being able to actually hold and play with the thing will help me figure out what I do and don't like about it.

    That being said, I do hope that GF waits a bit before -completely- moving everything over to 3DS. RSEmakes and "Gray" on DSi/3DS enhanced, then a few Ranger/Mystery Dungeon-type games exclusively 3DS, then by the time gen. VI rolls around, everything on 3DS and I might actually be able to afford one/whatever "3DS Lite" or "3DSi" improved version might fix some of the headache the current one causes. </offtopicrant>

    <ontopic>When do ya'll think the absolute earliest date for any news would be? I'd think that GF/Nintendo would want the games at least set up for pre-order when the holiday season comes around... So I'm thinking if we hear anything, it'll be sooner rather than later. Hopefully sooner, I'm already planning my team, ha ha...

    And they absolutely must have a Jirachi event! I love that little critter. Though, we did get one released quite recently. I think we're missing a legit Deoxys at the moment. Are we? When's the last time we could get Deoxys?

  9. #1149
    Always Works Purim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    235
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    Eh, I guess that as long as my Lite is working, I really don't see a reason to replace it... but I'll see if I can't track down someone irl with the 3DS. Maybe being able to actually hold and play with the thing will help me figure out what I do and don't like about it.

    That being said, I do hope that GF waits a bit before -completely- moving everything over to 3DS. RSEmakes and "Gray" on DSi/3DS enhanced, then a few Ranger/Mystery Dungeon-type games exclusively 3DS, then by the time gen. VI rolls around, everything on 3DS and I might actually be able to afford one/whatever "3DS Lite" or "3DSi" improved version might fix some of the headache the current one causes. </offtopicrant>

    <ontopic>When do ya'll think the absolute earliest date for any news would be? I'd think that GF/Nintendo would want the games at least set up for pre-order when the holiday season comes around... So I'm thinking if we hear anything, it'll be sooner rather than later. Hopefully sooner, I'm already planning my team, ha ha...

    And they absolutely must have a Jirachi event! I love that little critter. Though, we did get one released quite recently. I think we're missing a legit Deoxys at the moment. Are we? When's the last time we could get Deoxys?
    GameFreak has stated that they have some projects coming for both DS and 3DS, so I doubt the DS users who haven't moved to the next console will be left in the cold.

    Ontopic, I'm assuming that we'll hear about the RSEmakes in May next year, after Keldeo is announced for the 2012 Pokémon Movie. That's about the time Japan heard about HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White before they were released. Keldeo might have some functionality in PassionRuby/HonestSapphire, but we might also see Jirachi or Deoxys down the line having special functions in the games. Meloetta would also have some sort of event in PRHS, as a prelude to Grey Version.

  10. #1150
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Interwebz
    Posts
    1,503
    Blog Entries
    161

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion



    via Dream World. Looks like a certain Space Center...



    Do note that the center looked different in Emerald than in RS. Thus, it's still open to more change.

  11. #1151
    Always Works Purim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    235
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by immewnity View Post


    via Dream World. Looks like a certain Space Center...



    Do note that the center looked different in Emerald than in RS. Thus, it's still open to more change.
    Where was that discovered? I mean, I know you said "via Dream World", but was it found in the files on the server after the big maintenance or something?

  12. #1152
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Interwebz
    Posts
    1,503
    Blog Entries
    161

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    Where was that discovered? I mean, I know you said "via Dream World", but was it found in the files on the server after the big maintenance or something?
    I dunno, ask @bluesun.

  13. #1153
    Registered User eevee_lotion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Beirut , Lebanon
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    Not everything can go the way you want it to be, if it's that unaffordable to you, then that's too bad!
    Look I know gen VI will be on the 3DS and I'm prepared for that fact
    but for geneartion V remakes to be on the 3DS while the main games are on the DS it's just don't make any sense
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre


  14. #1154
    消え人
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,109
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    Where was that discovered? I mean, I know you said "via Dream World", but was it found in the files on the server after the big maintenance or something?
    I found it last Friday, so it must've been put up sometime in the last week or so. Just couldn't put it on Bulbapedia until their maintenance ended.

  15. #1155
    Always Works Purim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Transgender
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    235
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    I found it last Friday, so it must've been put up sometime in the last week or so. Just couldn't put it on Bulbapedia until their maintenance ended.
    But you just found it in there, nestled in with the other files relating to the DW Houses? Very interesting...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •