152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 76 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by FangJoker View Post
    What do you guys think about these fake scans?

I want. So bad.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Who thinks they might actually bring back the following feature in the R/S remake? I personally hope they do. I liked having my Pokemon follow me wherever in HG/SS.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

The following thing should return if its a 3DS game seeing as they could just use the built in pedometer.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I imagine that with the DS, there might have been size limitations with following (after all, 649 Pokémon + Formes + Shinies). However, if we assume that a 3DS Ruby/Sapphire remake would use a similar graphical style (although it might have slight improvements, and maybe look sharper, I can't see there being a huge difference), then the following feature returning might be viable.

I also wonder if there will be an included gimmick (FRLG - Wireless Adapter, HGSS - Pokéwalker). With the 3DS' built in pedometer, I imagine the game might just have a built in PokéWalker (or use play coins for something else).

Hope that they will stick ti the DSi since:
    a) 3DS is failing
    b) I don't wanna buy a new console
    c) It will connect with black and white easily
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eevee_lotion View Post
    a) 3DS is failing
    a) Irrelevant. The fact that the 3DS needs killer apps like Pokémon is all the more reason to have it make the jump.
    b) Personal issue. Irrelevant.
    c) This is more an issue with the third BW game rather than PassionRuby/HonestSapphire: the only connectivity they HAVE to have with BW is trading and battling. And since the 3DS has a separate processor for it's communication functions, I'm sure they'll find a way around this potential hazard.

But that's besides the point, since there's already a topic about this, separate from the RSEmake discussion.

Blog Entries

a) 3DS is failing
    a) not really and Pokemon will help the sales...
    b) You'll have to get one eventually unless you think Gen VI will be on the DS as well...
    c) the 3DS and the DSi connect just fine. their is no issue in connecting the two

SO yeah it's pointless for them to continue ignoring the 3DS the DS is dead
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

a) 3DS is failing
    that's more the reason TO release it on the 3DS, to help it recover, as the current library s**ks

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    that's more the reason TO release it on the 3DS, to help it recover, as the current library s**ks
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    a) not really and Pokemon will help the sales...
    b) You'll have to get one eventually unless you think Gen VI will be on the DS as well...
    c) the 3DS and the DSi connect just fine. their is no issue in connecting the two

SO yeah it's pointless for them to continue ignoring the 3DS the DS is dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    a) Irrelevant. The fact that the 3DS needs killer apps like Pokémon is all the more reason to have it make the jump.
    b) Personal issue. Irrelevant.
    c) This is more an issue with the third BW game rather than PassionRuby/HonestSapphire: the only connectivity they HAVE to have with BW is trading and battling. And since the 3DS has a separate processor for it's communication functions, I'm sure they'll find a way around this potential hazard.

But that's besides the point, since there's already a topic about this, separate from the RSEmake discussion.
    Unless you're gonna buy me one, shut up because I can't afford it
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

One thing I'd like for the post game if they do remake RSE is use the Ships that take you to the Battle Frontier that they include a sevvii island story arc shortly after red completes his (if that is where the remakes would rest in the story line), perhaps where the player helps celio further develop his trading system to allow battles and trades with BW and maybe an encounter with Blue training to become the champion for the second time to fill in some FRLG story gaps. And then also a second island story based on the Hawaii islands where you can catch Sinnoh and Unova Pokes (since hawaii is between American and Japan) Maybe the arc could be led by Palmer who you meet in the Hoenn Battle Frontier (he was trying to further his skill to make the Sinnoh Battle Frontier tougher)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

Hey, I was wondering they could make Ruby Sapphire into a Wii remake. Then you can hold the remote and actually "throw" the pokeball XD

Blog Entries

Unless you're gonna buy me one, shut up because I can't afford it
    Not everything can go the way you want it to be, if it's that unaffordable to you, then that's too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by darkqueen View Post
    Hey, I was wondering they could make Ruby Sapphire into a Wii remake. Then you can hold the remote and actually "throw" the pokeball XD
    Actually, that's a neat idea. Though, it has a low probability of being on the Wii.
    sonic10158 and Dreamy like this.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I imagine that with the DS, there might have been size limitations with following (after all, 649 Pokémon + Formes + Shinies). However, if we assume that a 3DS Ruby/Sapphire remake would use a similar graphical style (although it might have slight improvements, and maybe look sharper, I can't see there being a huge difference), then the following feature returning might be viable.
    If they go with the BW engine then size sure as hell wouldn't be an issue. IIRC BW is the size of the biggest DS card at around 250MB, maybe 500MB(?), and right now the smallest 3DS card is around 2 gigs. Not to mention, if they were to go with the 3DS, they would not use a shit-ton of Anti-aliasing to sharpen the sprites as well as perhaps making the blocky 3D proper shiny 3D and actually not look like blocky pixely mess. If not, perhaps they use a completely new engine that dumps the sprites and gives us 3D polygonal Pokemon and humans.

I also wonder if there will be an included gimmick (FRLG - Wireless Adapter, HGSS - Pokéwalker). With the 3DS' built in pedometer, I imagine the game might just have a built in PokéWalker (or use play coins for something else).
    To accommodate a full 3D world of Pokemon we know present you an analogue nub to control the Nintendo quality approved camera controls around your character. Now you can see the world around you in proper for the first time with Pokemon!(end sarcasm)
    I dunno maybe they can add a bigger batter with the game cause its gonna be the longest game on the 3DS, which isn't such an amazing feat?(seriously, I'm done here)
    Okay, I got it. Pokemon AR battles on your kitchen table. It would be a revolutionary new game mode were the game collects piece of decoration for your secret base dependent on the type of furniture you battled Pokemon on. It just reads the furniture type and color, and gives an in-game equivalent. The more you battle on said furniture, the better the in-game decoration gets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    If they go with the BW engine then size sure as hell wouldn't be an issue. IIRC BW is the size of the biggest DS card at around 250MB, maybe 500MB(?), and right now the smallest 3DS card is around 2 gigs. Not to mention, if they were to go with the 3DS, they would not use a shit-ton of Anti-aliasing to sharpen the sprites as well as perhaps making the blocky 3D proper shiny 3D and actually not look like blocky pixely mess. If not, perhaps they use a completely new engine that dumps the sprites and gives us 3D polygonal Pokemon and humans.

To accommodate a full 3D world of Pokemon we know present you an analogue nub to control the Nintendo quality approved camera controls around your character. Now you can see the world around you in proper for the first time with Pokemon!(end sarcasm)
    I dunno maybe they can add a bigger batter with the game cause its gonna be the longest game on the 3DS, which isn't such an amazing feat?(seriously, I'm done here)
    Okay, I got it. Pokemon AR battles on your kitchen table. It would be a revolutionary new game mode were the game collects piece of decoration for your secret base dependent on the type of furniture you battled Pokemon on. It just reads the furniture type and color, and gives an in-game equivalent. The more you battle on said furniture, the better the in-game decoration gets.
    I'm thinking that 3DS AR Pokémon Battles will be a feature of the first 3DS Pokémon games. I'm also thinking that the 3DS games might move to models, away from sprites. They did make all those shiny models for Pokédex 3D. I just kinda hope they remake the models for the 493 previous Pokémon so that we don't have any ugly/off-model Pokémon.

Blog Entries

You know what I miss? Having the Pokemon available change with the time of day. It didn't really hurt BW by not having it, but I always liked the challenge of having to wait to find certain Pokemon. They could even combine it with the seasons feature!

Imagine this: Relicanth is available all year round, all day in the deep ocean trenches, but is fishable along the coast of the ocean at night during the winter months. Or perhaps Chimecho is only available during the evening in the fall. Or something like that. It'd be a great challenge, and it'd mean it would take more than a few days to catch all of the Pokemon, because you'd have to wait for the seasons to change.

---

On the topic of the 3DS, I really would prefer them not to release the Pokemon games on it. I'm a college student, I can barely afford the games, let alone a new system, and the 3D effect gives me a nasty migraine after a while. I know I can turn the 3d off, but at that point there's no point at -all- in buying the system, since without 3D it's essentially an overpriced DSi with a tiny screen. </endrant>