152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 74 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

^IDK if were counting the remakes then I think they do.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    FRLG did get a second region, just the translations ignored it. The Sevii islands are fully regarded and treated as a second region in Japan, but for NTSC/PAL that fact might have been skimmed over perhaps due to its size. If the remakes were to gain a second region, it would make sense to feature Sinnoh as its the 1 of 2 regions not featured in the GRBY/RSE time period that would bring enough changes to the region unlike Johto, or perhaps the main island part west of Johto that is missing. Either way, seeing a second region would be nice, but whatever happens happens.
    Even if the translation team ignored the Japanese versions, the Sevii Islands isn't a fully-fledged region. Why? There is not an official Pokemon League, no true towns/cities, no gym leaders, etc. The Sevii Islands is a part of the Kanto region like how the Hawaiian Islands is a part of the U.S.

FRLG did get a second region, just the translations ignored it. The Sevii islands are fully regarded and treated as a second region in Japan.
    Source, please?

And I don't see why Sinnoh needs to be included in the remakes..? The whole "timeline" explanation thing is just... NO. Why include it in the Hoenn remakes when it can be featured in its own remakes?

Hoenn and Sinnoh aren't as connected as Kanto and Johto, they're not even connected by land. In the D/P/Pt games, why didn't we get to travel to Sinnoh? It wasn't HGSS that introduced Kanto, it was G/S/C.

The whole point of remaking games is to re-experience it with pretty, new graphics and a few new additional features. Not to add a region and adventure.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't believe a second region is needed. Expansion of some of the unused islands and the advent of bigger cities and routes (very likely after what we've experienced in Unova) is far enough. Seriously, Hoenn's sea area is massive.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

They wouldnt add a whole new region to R/S remakes, they'd just make Hoenn look updated and add features present in newer games, thats what remakes are about. Adding another region makes zero sense.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

An entirely new region would be kinda pointless, but some new areas (like the Sevii Islands in FrLg) would certainly be nice, and would give you something to do post-game. I'd like that. Basically, something to do after the league would be much appreciated.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

If they aren't going to remake FireRed/LeafGreen, they may include Kanto in the PassionRuby/HonestSapphire so that when people question why there's no remake of FRLG, they'll have the answer (though, this means in the DPRemakes in Gen6, Johto would be reincluded on that same logic). If not Kanto, at least the Sevii Islands themselves, since they were missing in HGSS.

They'll have to add some sort of area (or way) to have Johto/Sinnoh/Unova Pokémon in Hoenn, if HeartGold/SoulSilver is anything to go on.

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    they may include Kanto in the PassionRuby/HonestSapphire so that when people question why there's no remake of FRLG.
    We already got Kanto in HGSS, as well as every generation since G1. It's time they gave Kanto a break.

(though, this means in the DPRemakes in Gen6, Johto would be reincluded on that same logic)
    I highly doubt that D/P will be remade within the next 10 years, considering that the actual games themselves are playable with not problems.
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

The most we'll see (And the most we should see) is the expansion of the ocean with some islands that we can explore. The thing's huge yet looking back there wasn't much to do in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    If they aren't going to remake FireRed/LeafGreen, they may include Kanto in the PassionRuby/HonestSapphire so that when people question why there's no remake of FRLG, they'll have the answer (though, this means in the DPRemakes in Gen6, Johto would be reincluded on that same logic). If not Kanto, at least the Sevii Islands themselves, since they were missing in HGSS.

They'll have to add some sort of area (or way) to have Johto/Sinnoh/Unova Pokémon in Hoenn, if HeartGold/SoulSilver is anything to go on.
    Doubt they're ever going to remake FR or LF or HG and SS. At least if they do it'll be Years from now on an entirely new device and by that point they'll hopefull be able to put numerous games on one cartridge. But FrLg are remakes themselves. There's no point to keep remaking a remake over and over. That's just going to lead to stagnation. The original Johto games had Kanto so of course the remakes would as well. Thats no reason for every other set of remakes to have a 2nd region. I think that the Hoenn remakes will be the last ones we'll see and starting in Gen 6 we'll see a new region + a new game in the old regions. Like a game set in Kanto, but taking place maybe 6 years after FrLg.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

I think that Nintendo will remake R/S at least, and hopefully FR/LG (Or maybe an entirely new take on Red/Green?) because it sells. I've already planned my teams and movesets for each potential remake!
    Platinum FC: 0259 6242 5799

Pearl FC: 5240 8395 8578

Heart Gold FC: 0432 0519 2219

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

What do you guys think about these fake scans?

The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FangJoker View Post
    What do you guys think about these fake scans?

Whoa looks nice! I like it too bad it isn't real.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Those are pretty realistic looking, very good fakes.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Straight text slanted page, sure its real!
    That PC is the best looking fan made PC ever and I'm damn mad they never used such a design

Blog Entries

It looks very nice, except Ruby/Brendan looking like the Harlequins from B/W.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

Kudos to the person who made it remembering walking pokemon.