152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 73 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Purim
    As for the Orbs movement, all it would take is to have the old couple on Mt. Pyre say that they sent the opposite colored orb "to a another region" where they hope it never falls into the wrong hands again.
    This. I can see them using this the reason the player can't catch, say, Kyogre in the Ruby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben of Bebe Mignon
    You are correct. Emerald came out in 2005 (in the US) while FRLG came out in 2004.
    Thank you! :)

---

One thing I wonder about is how the "secret base" system will work. Will GF revamp the original RSE bases? Or will we have something similar to the Underground from DPPt? While I miss the opportunity to battle your friends in their bases (and gain exp. points!) I also loved how easy the Underground made getting rare items.

Perhaps a compromise would be having the individual, above-ground bases with battle-able friends in theirs, but then have a minigame of sorts where you could find items. Like, say, once a day (or some other time interval) there would be the opportunity to find rare items in your base. Each type of base could have a slightly different puzzle. If you were lucky, you'd find a rare item (evolutionary stones, fossils, etc.); if you weren't, you'd have to wait for the next day. Just a little bonus for having a base. They could even expand it so that when you had your friends' bases available in your game, you would get the chance to find an item in their bases in addition to your own.

The items could vary per base-type, which would encourage players to connect with others, which is something GF seems to be endorsing recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    As for this sort of thing, I'm thinking they'll rewrite the way to Rayquaza and the Sky Pillar to use the Jade Orb. If both Groudon and Kyogre appear in the climax of PRHS (as I'm calling them) then the other one could be referred to going to the embedded tower to rest or something. Latias and Latios don't seem 'unique', to coin a phrase, so their appearance in HGSS will probably remain unexplained (similar to the Kanto Birds in Platinum since they were in HGSS at the same time). As for the Orbs movement, all it would take is to have the old couple on Mt. Pyre say that they sent the opposite colored orb "to a another region" where they hope it never falls into the wrong hands again.

Steven will probably be the champion in PRHS. Though, what I'm thinking is he's only the Champion the first time you enter the Hall of Fame. Afterwards, you end up battling Juan (for some reason maybe related to the Jade Orb) and Wallace becomes Champion of Hoenn because Wallace left to look for stones. After beating Steven at Meteor Falls, he says that he'll go look for rare stones in other regions, but leaves open that "I may come back here from time to time" before he leaves, so you can rematch him after beating the Hoenn Elite Four again.
    On the Rayquaza thing, I guess you're right, Game Freak will find a way to put in the Jade Orb on the part where you awaken Rayquaza at Sky Pillar to help stop the fighting of Kyogre and Groudon, but what I'm curious is that what will be Game Freak's approach on the existence of the Jade Orb, will it be a man-made item like the one on the manga or will it be a natural-made item that was made along with the Red Orb and the Blue Orb? On the Embedded Tower thing, what I'm curious is that if the NPCs from Hoenn will make mention about the existence of the Embedded Tower on the Johto Region and if the NPCs who have knowledge about the Weather Trio (Mt. Pyre couple, Steven, Wallace, Cave of Origin guardian, etc.) will give details regarding the said place. Regarding Latias and Latios, I also guess you're right that their appearance at HG/SS was just random like the Legendary Birds appearing in Platinum, although there's a possibility that there's more into it. On the Red and Blue Orbs, I'm really sure that the RSE remakes will have the Emerald plot on it with an updated plot (like HG/SS having the Crystal plot with some updates on it), so I guess you will be able to catch both Kyogre and Groudon on a single game just like in Emerald, it's just that the version mascot will have the most priority on the two on different games, and since in Emerald, you didn't need both orbs to catch the two, your reason on the opposite-colored orb will be passed on a "friend from another region" on different games would be plausible, although there's a possibility that you will only catch one of them (the version-mascot) on a single game despite having the Emerald plot (I would like the two to be catchable on a single game though).

Regarding the Steven thing, I like your theory, The Sootopolis Gym Leader would be Juan and that after getting all the eight badges, you will face Steven on Pokemon League for the first time. After the end of the main story, Steven will pass the title to Wallace (although the player is the "real" Champion) due to the reason that he decided to go to different regions (two of them are Sinnoh and Kanto) to look for rare stones, so you will now face Wallace as the Champion on Pokemon League post-game, although you can re-battle Steven again but now on Meteor Falls and after defeating him, he will tell to the player that "he will go back on other regions to search for rare stones, but may come back on Meteor Falls sometimes" so that you will be able to re-battle him again after beating the Hoenn Pokemon League, just like Red in HG/SS. Juan will remain as the Sootopolis Gym Leader even after beating the main story.

I also hope Steven will confirm on the RSE remakes or even just make mention or reference if he really is the owner of the Villa in Pokemon Platinum and the person that Steven is talking to on the phone in HG/SS to appear on the RSE remakes to see if the person is really one of the important character in the game and to give the reason why the person will be breaking up (possibly in Devon Corporation) and if the person's close to Mr. Stone and Steven.

Thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by bian View Post
    On the Rayquaza thing, I guess you're right, Game Freak will find a way to put in the Jade Orb on the part where you awaken Rayquaza at Sky Pillar to help stop the fighting of Kyogre and Groudon, but what I'm curious is that what will be Game Freak's approach on the existence of the Jade Orb, will it be a man-made item like the one on the manga or will it be a natural-made item that was made along with the Red Orb and the Blue Orb? On the Embedded Tower thing, what I'm curious is that if the NPCs from Hoenn will make mention about the existence of the Embedded Tower on the Johto Region and if the NPCs who have knowledge about the Weather Trio (Mt. Pyre couple, Steven, Wallace, Cave of Origin guardian, etc.) will give details regarding the said place. Regarding Latias and Latios, I also guess you're right that their appearance at HG/SS was just random like the Legendary Birds appearing in Platinum, although there's a possibility that there's more into it. On the Red and Blue Orbs, I'm really sure that the RSE remakes will have the Emerald plot on it with an updated plot (like HG/SS having the Crystal plot with some updates on it), so I guess you will be able to catch both Kyogre and Groudon on a single game just like in Emerald, it's just that the version mascot will have the most priority on the two on different games, and since in Emerald, you didn't need both orbs to catch the two, your reason on the opposite-colored orb will be passed on a "friend from another region" on different games would be plausible, although there's a possibility that you will only catch one of them (the version-mascot) on a single game despite having the Emerald plot (I would like the two to be catchable on a single game though).

Regarding the Steven thing, I like your theory, The Sootopolis Gym Leader would be Juan and that after getting all the eight badges, you will face Steven on Pokemon League for the first time. After the end of the main story, Steven will pass the title to Wallace (although the player is the "real" Champion) due to the reason that he decided to go to different regions (two of them are Sinnoh and Kanto) to look for rare stones, so you will now face Wallace as the Champion on Pokemon League post-game, although you can re-battle Steven again but now on Meteor Falls and after defeating him, he will tell to the player that "he will go back on other regions to search for rare stones, but may come back on Meteor Falls sometimes" so that you will be able to re-battle him again after beating the Hoenn Pokemon League, just like Red in HG/SS. Juan will remain as the Sootopolis Gym Leader even after beating the main story.

I also hope Steven will confirm on the RSE remakes or even just make mention or reference if he really is the owner of the Villa in Pokemon Platinum and the person that Steven is talking to on the phone in HG/SS to appear on the RSE remakes to see if the person is really one of the important character in the game and to give the reason why the person will be breaking up (possibly in Devon Corporation) and if the person's close to Mr. Stone and Steven.

Thanks! :)
    I agree with you on the whole Jade orb plot.

I also agree with you guys on having Juan be the 8th Gym Leader and Steven as Champion the first time you face the League and then he leaves to search for stones in other regions. It explains his presence in Kanto and Sinnoh 3 years later and still gives you the opportunity to face him at meteor falls (on a specific day). I also hope we can get some confirmation on the whole house situation with Cynthia.

Besides all of that I still wouldn't be adverse to seeing some type of time travel event where you can Ethan travels back in time to battle you. (The Legendary trainer who saved the region from the rampaging weather pokemon)

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

So, I was thinking, and what if the game has you travel to Sinnoh after the main game? I know, Sinnoh was last gen, but the main difference is that this is 3 years before Sinnoh, which could bring some changes,and perhaps, a younger, kinder Cyrus. I'm pondering this mostly cause putting a second region in the game would really help to explain Hoenn if they were to change it in the post game, and we already got Kanto as a second region in HGSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    So, I was thinking, and what if the game has you travel to Sinnoh after the main game? I know, Sinnoh was last gen, but the main difference is that this is 3 years before Sinnoh, which could bring some changes,and perhaps, a younger, kinder Cyrus. I'm pondering this mostly cause putting a second region in the game would really help to explain Hoenn if they were to change it in the post game, and we already got Kanto as a second region in HGSS.
    The only possible reason I can see for the RSE remakes to include the Sinnoh region as the second region in the games is that to confirm if Steven really owns the Villa there (since on that point, the Villa should be under construction already). However, I somewhat agree that the RSE remakes should have a second region that can be explored after Hoenn to see what will be it's place in the timeline.

Blog Entries

@Mitchman
    I doubt we'd see a kinder Cyrus. It's probably five years apart at most, and testaments from his grandfather (desert route in Sinnoh) states he became like this because of his experiences in childhood. If anything, we'd see a Cyrus in his early twenties (he is confirmed 27) creating Team Galactic.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I would have thought that Cyrus would keep the same attitude/mind/ideas that he had in the Gen IV games. It would only be 3 years previous to the events that occur then, and I wouldn't have thought that a plan such as his, to create an entire new universe, was thought up over the course of that time - I'd have thought that he would have been thinking of it since he was maybe in his late-teens, or maybe earlier. Going back in the timeline by 3 years, I'd guess that he'd be gathering followers/resources.

Blog Entries

I just had one of those impressive brain things.

What if -and this is gonna sound zany- Cyrus was behind the happenings in Hoenn? That he created Team Magma and Team Aqua? Maxie and Archie are just his top underlings in each organization, both tricked into thinking what they want (more land/sea) was going to happen. Cyrus knew, of course, that Groudon/Kyogre would do more harm than good. Maybe this was his first plan of destroying the world to rebuild it with himself as a god? Then, after you beat the main story in the remakes, Cyrus (younger) arrives and tries to get revenge for messing up his 'destroy the world' scheme (which leads you into a plot that allows you to catch Dialga/Palkia (depending on the version)). He then says that he realizes his first plan (flood/scorch) the world was flawed, and say something like "In order to purify this tainted world, I'll have to start at the very source of this world." Then he leaves to Sinnoh to start his plans for Platinum Version.

Thoughts? Comments? Sarcastic remarks? It sounds like a farfetch'd idea, to me.

Blog Entries

That ignores the fact that what Cyrus thought was the fundamental flaw in the current universe was the human spirit. He wanted to reboot the universe because becoming god in the current one no matter where it is would not solve his problem. I'd rather not have that a plot point as it destroys Cyrus' genius and makes him look as idiotic as the people he manipulates.

I want the Elite Four to be hard like in Kanto/Johto. Instead of having Pokemon in 50's, why not in 60's to 70's.

Blog Entries

Higher levels =/= harder

Unless they don't have a proper level curve and make them jump 20 levels above trainers in Victory Road, in which case its artificial difficulty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchman View Post
    So, I was thinking, and what if the game has you travel to Sinnoh after the main game? I know, Sinnoh was last gen, but the main difference is that this is 3 years before Sinnoh, which could bring some changes,and perhaps, a younger, kinder Cyrus.
    I doubt his mindset would be that different in a three-year timeframe.

I'm pondering this mostly cause putting a second region in the game would really help to explain Hoenn if they were to change it in the post game, and we already got Kanto as a second region in HGSS.
    We don't need a second region. Hoenn is quite large enough for even 2 regions, but that's what I think. And FRLG didn't get a second region, only a whole new chain of islands. We didn't get a second region in HGSS, that was only in GSC. All we got in HGSS was a bunch of new areas.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

I don't see how Cyrus would be any different 3 years earlier. The only new areas i'd want to see would be some islands.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ben of Bebe Mignon View Post
    We don't need a second region. Hoenn is quite large enough for even 2 regions, but that's what I think. And FRLG didn't get a second region, only a whole new chain of islands. We didn't get a second region in HGSS, that was only in GSC. All we got in HGSS was a bunch of new areas.
    FRLG did get a second region, just the translations ignored it. The Sevii islands are fully regarded and treated as a second region in Japan, but for NTSC/PAL that fact might have been skimmed over perhaps due to its size. If the remakes were to gain a second region, it would make sense to feature Sinnoh as its the 1 of 2 regions not featured in the GRBY/RSE time period that would bring enough changes to the region unlike Johto, or perhaps the main island part west of Johto that is missing. Either way, seeing a second region would be nice, but whatever happens happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    That ignores the fact that what Cyrus thought was the fundamental flaw in the current universe was the human spirit. He wanted to reboot the universe because becoming god in the current one no matter where it is would not solve his problem. I'd rather not have that a plot point as it destroys Cyrus' genius and makes him look as idiotic as the people he manipulates.
    Perhaps the fact that he sees a damn kid pulling the plug on his plot and being able to calm a legendary(or legendaries if we're going by emerald) enrages him and makes him go full berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    @Mitchman
    I doubt we'd see a kinder Cyrus. It's probably five years apart at most, and testaments from his grandfather (desert route in Sinnoh) states he became like this because of his experiences in childhood. If anything, we'd see a Cyrus in his early twenties (he is confirmed 27) creating Team Galactic.
    Okay, then perhaps calmer, in the sense that he has something cooking, but nothing provoked him to go full universe. As I said the sight of a mere child beating and calming a legendary makes him fully consider humans as useless beings, and they are too much of a threat to be cured.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyKipz View Post
    I want the Elite Four to be hard like in Kanto/Johto. Instead of having Pokemon in 50's, why not in 60's to 70's.
    wut

The bolded parts have no business being in the same sentence.