152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 72 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Drake:
    Kingdra lv. 65
    Haxorus lv. 65
    Hydreigon lv. 66
    Garchomp lv. 66
    Druddigon lv. 67
    Salamence lv. 68
    THREE Semilegendaries and Kingdra on a single team? Yikes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apenpaap View Post
    Well... except for Kindgra all of them are weak to ice Salamence and Garachomp are 4x's weak to ice... weres Dragonite? All Dragon tamers have Dragonite... what about Wallace in case he's the Champion again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10
    They'd never ever do that...
    I know they do tend to do things in similar ways, but unless one of us is secretly working for GF, I don't think anyone should be able to say "never." A few years ago, I'm sure that people would (and did) say that a region based off of NYC/America would "never" happen. ;)

I, for one, am all for more of a sequel than deja vu. I'd love to see some of the younger characters (like Tate and Liza) grow up, and some of the older ones perhaps be replaced by children/apprentices/etc. I just would love to see things and think "oh, I remember this, how nostalgic!" but also have some new things, and a way for it to seem like the world had moved along.

That would fix the timeline issue, give older players somethings new to do, and still have some of the original for new players to discover. Maybe there would be something important with the Poketransfer and Johto, tying the orb plot from HGSS to the one from the new games.

Default I bet remakes of Ruby & Sapphire will be in 2013 or early 2014

I have been thinking this since black and white were announced, because remakes always are one of the last games to be released in a generation, and they usually last around 4 years, so most likely in 2014 generation 6 will be out and remakes right before it like other generations.
    Kessel likes this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: I bet remakes of Ruby & Sapphire will be in 2013 or early 2014

Cant wait that long, what if 2012 is the end!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I know how you feel, I can't wait either but I doubt 2012 will be the end they said the same about other years such as 2000.

Blog Entries

Reminder--don't discuss the viability of remakes here.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by apenpaap View Post
    Well Lance had Garchomp, Dragonite and Salamence in HGSS and they were tough even with an ice type.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kirinrik_ 4 View Post
    I have been thinking this since black and white were announced, because remakes always are one of the last games to be released in a generation, and they usually last around 4 years, so most likely in 2014 generation 6 will be out and remakes right before it like other generations.
    They don't always do that. I believe Emerald came out after FRLG did. [Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, of course.]

---

On a different note, I really want the old contest back! D: I didn't like the ones in DPPt much... I miss when you could mess with your opponents, change to order of contestants, the chains of moves that worked together, etc. The DPPt contests lost a lot of the attack strategies the original RSE ones had, in my opinion.

Do you think the RSE remakes will give factor into explaining the Hoenn events that appeared on HG/SS, like the existence of the Jade Orb, the existence of the Embedded Tower on the western part of the Johto Region, Steven Stone telling to the HG/SS player that he is the champion from the Hoenn Region when Wallace was the champion in Emerald (which is the current canon game), Latios and Latias' appearances on the Kanto Region, Mr. Pokemon having the possession of the Red and Blue Orbs, etc., and will give a clear explanation to those?

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I always wondered why the Jade Orb was created. You would think that having both Groudon and Kyogre from the respective games would be enough to call Rayquaza but they saw fit to create an item never mentioned before that is quite pointless.

And I belive that a Champion always keep his title especially in the case of Steven where he stepped down himself and wasn't defeated like Blue. I think even Red is referred to as Champion even though he technically isn't.

Blog Entries

On the note of names for the RSEmakes, I was looking at the descriptions of the Ruby and Sapphire items from FireRed/LeafGreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia on the Ruby
    An exquisitely beautiful gem that has a red glow. It symbolizes passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia on the Sapphire
    An exquisitely beautiful gem that has a blue glow. It symbolizes honesty.
    Could they got back to these descriptions for the remakes? PassionRuby and HonestySapphire? That's my guess for the names, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bian View Post
    Do you think the RSE remakes will give factor into explaining the Hoenn events that appeared on HG/SS, like the existence of the Jade Orb, the existence of the Embedded Tower on the western part of the Johto Region, Steven Stone telling to the HG/SS player that he is the champion from the Hoenn Region when Wallace was the champion in Emerald (which is the current canon game), Latios and Latias' appearances on the Kanto Region, Mr. Pokemon having the possession of the Red and Blue Orbs, etc., and will give a clear explanation to those?
    As for this sort of thing, I'm thinking they'll rewrite the way to Rayquaza and the Sky Pillar to use the Jade Orb. If both Groudon and Kyogre appear in the climax of PRHS (as I'm calling them) then the other one could be referred to going to the embedded tower to rest or something. Latias and Latios don't seem 'unique', to coin a phrase, so their appearance in HGSS will probably remain unexplained (similar to the Kanto Birds in Platinum since they were in HGSS at the same time). As for the Orbs movement, all it would take is to have the old couple on Mt. Pyre say that they sent the opposite colored orb "to a another region" where they hope it never falls into the wrong hands again.

Steven will probably be the champion in PRHS. Though, what I'm thinking is he's only the Champion the first time you enter the Hall of Fame. Afterwards, you end up battling Juan (for some reason maybe related to the Jade Orb) and Wallace becomes Champion of Hoenn because Wallace left to look for stones. After beating Steven at Meteor Falls, he says that he'll go look for rare stones in other regions, but leaves open that "I may come back here from time to time" before he leaves, so you can rematch him after beating the Hoenn Elite Four again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purim View Post
    On the note of names for the RSEmakes, I was looking at the descriptions of the Ruby and Sapphire items from FireRed/LeafGreen.
    They're just items, nothing related to Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. They don't even exist in Ruby and Sapphire anyway.

Could they got back to these descriptions for the remakes? PassionRuby and HonestySapphire? That's my guess for the names, anyway.
    Ignoring what I said earlier, I think it'd be better if it was HonestSapphire instead of HonestySapphire. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    They don't always do that. I believe Emerald came out after FRLG did. [Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, of course.]
    You are correct. Emerald came out in 2005 (in the US) while FRLG came out in 2004.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ben of Bebe Mignon View Post
    They're just items, nothing related to Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.
    Except being the items required for you to obtain in order to trade with RS from FrLg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    I always wondered why the Jade Orb was created. You would think that having both Groudon and Kyogre from the respective games would be enough to call Rayquaza but they saw fit to create an item never mentioned before that is quite pointless.
    I think the case with the orbs is that its basically a crystal representation of their power, and that the orbs, are in essence, the Pokemon themselves.

It's something that could be expanded on in remakes.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ben of Bebe Mignon View Post
    They're just items, nothing related to Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. They don't even exist in Ruby and Sapphire anyway.
    True, but they do exist in FireRed/LeafGreen and are part of the sidequest to unlock trading with Ruby/Sapphire. So I'd say that they are related to Ruby and Sapphire Versions, especially since they chose to make it a Ruby and a Sapphire that power up the Network Machine, rather than, say, some Gold and Silver. Ruby/Sapphire were probably on their mind, but I'm not saying that they'll definitely come back to these descriptions for the names. I just felt it was closer to the 'off the wall' naming scheme we've seen in HeartGold/SoulSilver rather than the straightforward names people seem to be using (MagmaRuby/AquaSapphire).

Ignoring what I said earlier, I think it'd be better if it was HonestSapphire instead of HonestySapphire. But that's just me.
    I agree that it'd be better as HonestSapphire, but it could go either way, probably.