152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 69 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeanne View Post
    keep the contests, add the pokeathon, add day and night and weather changes; not like in one patch here and one patch there all the time but changing weather patterns like in PB/PW, keep the secret base, and the pokemon walking behind you, add some new pokemon to find,keep feebase's easy evolution, give luvdics a new evolution, add Emerald's fronter and it would have been the perfect game to me. Remember when the gym leaders would call you for a rematch? That was awesome.
    I luv dics.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Luvdisc shouldn't evolve, though. Now that we know it doesn't evolve to Mamanbou, Luvdisc is suddenly cool BECAUSE it doesn't evolve. I don't know why, but it is.

I like Psystrike's idea of fighting the other team after the elite 4. Mostly because I can't wait for an actually threatening Archie/Maxie with level 65-70 pokemon! Then throw in gym leader rematches and the elite 4's round two teams, and you end up with very high leveled pokemon by the time you're done!
    Baka-kun likes this.

I actually like to see Team Magma in the sapphire remake and Aqua in the Ruby remake as a benevolent force. In the Ruby remake Team Aqua are environmentalists trying to protect pokemon and people against anarchisic Magmas. While in the Sapphire the Magma are a group of geologists looking for alternative ways of reclaiming land for human development that uses the environment itself their plans are under threat from the eco-terrorists Aqua's. For example the Mt Chimney plot. In the Sapphire remake the Magmas were conducting an experiment in an attempt to make the volcano to erupt in a small control manner so that there would be minimal risk of collateral damage to the surrounding area. If the experiment prove successful then the technique can be applied to volcanoes that are surrounded by ocean. However the Aquas attacked and the machine was damaged. So the player has to help the magmas beat back the aquas and then shut off the machine before it goes over the threshold limit.

In the Ruby remake, Mt Chimney was going to erupt naturally so the Aquas try to save the nearby settlements by using a machine to cool done the volcano, but the Magmas attack and the player have to help the Aquas defend their machine from the Magmas until volcano has cooled down enough averting eurption

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGrunt78 View Post
    I actually like to see Team Magma in the sapphire remake and Aqua in the Ruby remake as a benevolent force.
    It was like that in the original RS games. That would lead to you only getting one of Groudon/Kyogre.

Blog Entries

I still say it should go mostly by Emerald's storyline, but so that depending on the version, only one of them is awakened/the other one awakened after E4.

Actually in the original RS games Team Magma (ruby, emberald) was trying make an uncontrolled eruption because they believed it would make more land which is stupid because MT Chimney was a landlocked volcano it would only. Team Aqua (sapphire) was trying to shut down the volcano so that rain would eventually collect and form a caldera lake but their plan was threatening to damage nearby Lavaridge town's economy which relied on the geological activity.
    Also the Aqua's (Ruby) and the Magmas (Sapphire) showed up only to fight.

My idea is similar but still different enough to be unique. Things don't have to be a literal remake just follow a similar plan. My idea is to make the Magmas and Aquas as more interesting and active characters. I think the Groudon/Kyogre storyline can be modified so it would involved both legendaries without making both the Magmas and Aquas evil. For instance waking up Groudon/Kyogre end up the other waking up. And the player has to to wake up Rayquaza so it can calm down the fighting legendaries. Another difference to the original game is that Maxie (Ruby)/ Archie (sapphire) instead of repenting they go maniacally insane due to their long term exposure to the Red/Blue Orb. Which means that a Post Elite 4 Magma (Ruby)/Aqua (sapphire) can occur where the player can join the good team (the Aquas in Ruby/Magmas in sapphire) and take down Maxie (Ruby)/Archie (Sapphire) and their organisation once and for all, restoring peace to Hoenn

Allright so I know this isn't related to what recently awas being posted but I think that it would be cool if maybe another area was made that the player could travel to such as another island. not sure what is on it but have it be a good size, not too tiny. Also think of how the game would be in semi 3d( not on 3ds i mean on in gen 4/5 like the things are 3d sort of like buildings have depth) I feel like looking at the trees of the game they might be a bit odd, but that might just be a personal thing I have. AS for the mentioned plot I think it would be better to keep the same plots and not try and merge the 2 games' plots together. I feel in the last 2 remakes the plot was basically the same as the originials so I don't see a huge reason to change it up a lot.

Blog Entries

That would be cool, as there's a whole lot of islands on the Hoenn map that the player did not visit.

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Just noticed a few pages back that someone thought the ocean trenches in Hoenn should be deeper. Which reminded me of something...

What if Deoxys and/or Jirachi had a larger role in the remakes? Maybe Aqua and Magma are trying to use either of those pokemon to beat another, as Kyogre and Groudon weren't enough and sort of, um, caused the world to end. Falling meteorites could make the seafloor deeper and more expansive and change Hoenn's landscape, therefore offering ways for the player to catch the other legendaries from recent games. Does that make sense, or am I just rambling.
    TheCapsFan likes this.

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

It makes sense, I like it.

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

Quote Originally Posted by leafpikker View Post
    I don't want them to change May. They should change Brendan's design a bit, though. I mean, how many people thought his hat was his hair? Lots.

look at this example.
    Pokemon by 1-kilometer on deviantART
    Holy crap. That's a hat? *feels foolish*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laterose View Post
    Holy crap. That's a hat? *feels foolish*
    yeah one of the head guys comfirmed it's a knit hat it's was several months ago...

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

I wonder if they will RELACE either, like they did to Crystal abd Lyra?
    D: Keep May. Mybe not Brenden, but keep May.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Quote Originally Posted by Life Alert View Post
    Several months ago, the staff made the decision to ban speculation on Ruby and Sapphire remakes. This was in response to the mass, circular flamewars that the original thread produced, as well as the lack of any solid, concrete proof either for or against remakes. Speculation on the viability of these remakes will remain banned indefinitely.

However, the staff has reached the decision to allow members to discuss what these remakes, if developed, could feature, in terms of characters, the plot, etc.

Keep these rules in mind:

• Do not speculate on the viability of Ruby and Sapphire remakes.
    • Respect other users and their opinion, do not participate in flamewars, and keep discussions civil.
    • Do not address rulebreakers yourself. Report them.
    • Comments that merely state whether or not one wants remakes are considered spam.

Failure to comply with these rules will result in spam, or potentially flaming/trolling infractions. Repeated offenders will be dealt with severely. And if these rules are broken enough times, the ban will be reinstated.
    Well, I think that a Emerald remake is VERY probable after Gray. Seeing the pattern that is hopefully going to continue, But I would like for Team Aqua and Magma to be version exclusive, and there to be on Mirage Island there would be Generation 5 Pokemon on the island. That is my 2 cents on this topic. Have a good day.
    Last edited by {LEGIT}Master; 22nd August 2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to type XD

Blog Entries

It be nice to get the Johto starters again. Inter-regional legendarys like HG/SS would be fun too! Event Pokémon like Deoxys should be Wi-Fi. Some shaking grass/dust storms/e.t.c too. Another thing too, 0.5 percent pokémon. Like insted of wurmple and zizgzagoon from the start, have a low chance to get like Shinx or Vulpix.

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

I don't know if they'll have shinx and such in hoenn till min gam beaten...

Also, I wonder if there will be Hoenn evo mon in the Pokedex, like in hg ss, or will the pokedex be more like fr lg, ith no new evos?tht

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960