152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 68 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

instead of making magneton evolve in New Mauville, they could add another floor to the Granite Cave (under the rest of the cave) that would look kind of like Unova's Chargestone cave, because after you meet Steven there, there really isn't much of a reason to go there.

Blog Entries

Nosepass was rare, Magnemite and Magneton aren't.
    Irrelevant. If it's available, people can get it. :/ If they already know about the evolving method, and they want to use it, they WILL find a Nosepass. But, when you first go to New Mauville, I find it difficult to believe that if you don't know of the evolving requirement, that you wouldn't either have 6 pokemon, or tried training a Magneton in the area. :/

It's actually funny people are wanting it to be Granite Cave (Which has nothing to do with magnetic fields AFAIK), and it is the only place Nosepass is around. :P

Anyways, if we really want to make sure it won'y happen, maybe New Mauville could have an expanded Post-E4 area, possibly with an electric type Legendary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Irrelevant. If it's available, people can get it. :/ If they already know about the evolving method, and they want to use it, they WILL find a Nosepass. But, when you first go to New Mauville, I find it difficult to believe that if you don't know of the evolving requirement, that you wouldn't either have 6 pokemon, or tried training a Magneton in the area. :/
    You're looking at it in the lens of a seasoned player, and even seasoned players here complain about the difficulty of finding Tynamo in a cave you will spend an extended period in. The first few times you go through Mt. Coronet, its a straight path and very easy to miss a 5% encounter rate, so there goes the first point. Second, again, a seasoned player, and for those who didn't know previously that it was New Mauville that caused Magnezone's evolution, you find it difficult to believe people wouldn't train a Magneton in that area? Let's retrace our steps here, Magneton is a 1% encounter, so they'd more likely have a Magnemite they're training, which means they're training all the way to level 20, but let's throw Magneton in this anyway. You're honestly telling me, people would train a Pokemon who's only level-up moves are electric, normal, and steel, in a cave full of electric and steel type Pokemon? Really >_>

And thanks for ignoring the rest of the analysis where I pointed out that people have been able to abuse what Game Freak gave them if they knew what they were doing (and recall they let you have a Kangaskhan via Pokewalker incredibly early in your HgSs run) and comparatively, Magnezone would be available to you after you have five badges, at which point, Magnezone is not unreasonable as you do have access to other comparatively strong Pokemon.

Edited my original post to show more examples why everyones "MAGNEZONE TOO STRONG" comments are moot, and really, after badge 5, its hardly a disc-one nuke.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 13th August 2011 at 11:02 PM.

Blog Entries

@Psystrike: *sigh*

I don't complain about any appearance rates. :/ But anyways, even if Nosepass is a 5% rate on a very short trip, there is 2 choices:
    1) You get lucky and find one, and either have a slot free for one, and decide to level it up in the cave, or you know about it evolving there, and do so.
    2) You know it is there, and get one, and evolve it.

And I just said that I find it difficult to believe that you would train Magnemite/Magneton in new Mauville, as it would be just stupid. So unless you have that knowledge beforehand, you will not get a Magnezone by accident.

I don't see how I ignored the analysis, as I agree with you. It's not OP. What I was pointing out to you was that it doesn't matter how rare the pokemon is, really. I was pointing out the fact about how people won't accidentally the Magnezone.

I still agree on it not being too early... and I think I was the one to originally mention New Mauville as the spot? :P

Blog Entries

Well, miscommunication then. Five badges, going to your sixth, isn't early at all.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

The Magnetic cave is located in the deepest part of Granite Cave, that needs a certain HM to be accessed, So you can get Nosepass there, but won't be able to evolve it.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    The Magnetic cave is located in the deepest part of Granite Cave, that needs a certain HM to be accessed, So you can get Nosepass there, but won't be able to evolve it.
    So what's the point of it if you can't evolve it? We can already catch Nosepass in the regular parts of Granite Cave.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    So what's the point of it if you can't evolve it? We can already catch Nosepass in the regular parts of Granite Cave.
    You can catch Nosepass there in the regular parts, but it can only evolve in the special magnetic part, thus preventing the player from getting Probopass early in the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    Well, miscommunication then. Five badges, going to your sixth, isn't early at all.
    This recently occurred to me. I don't know why I was thinking you could get Magnemite before the 3rd gym. Now THAT would be game-breaking!

Blog Entries

Even if you could, if I recall, New Mauville is closed until Wattson tells you to go inside.
    I still think my idea of the generator sending out magnetic waves would be better since they have better justification for the waves being localized. In no routes with evolution items has it ever been confined to a specific area. Pokemon evolve everywhere in Eterna Forest or Mt. Coronet (and even in the Cave of Origin)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    I still think my idea of the generator sending out magnetic waves would be better since they have better justification for the waves being localized. In no routes with evolution items has it ever been confined to a specific area. Pokemon evolve everywhere in Eterna Forest or Mt. Coronet (and even in the Cave of Origin)
    You seem to have forgotten that the reason for going to New Mauville is to turn the generator off. How can it send out magnetic waves needed to evolve the Pokemon if it's off?

Blog Entries

You seem to have forgotten that the reason for going to New Mauville is to turn the generator off. How can it send out magnetic waves needed to evolve the Pokemon if it's off?
    Think you missed the part where I suggested that it was turned off, but later turned back on after Wattson fixes it post-E4, giving us a limited opportunity for things like Magnezone while saving non-Hoenn Pokemon post-E4, or if they want, they can say the malfunctioning machine doesn't send out those waves.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsortor View Post
    1. I think RocketGrunt means be on the team since he said Magma(Sapphire), you would be fighting against the villianous team of your version.

2. That reminded me of another feature i would like:
    similar to how you (almost) infiltrated Team Rocket in HG/SS, you could do that in the remakes. Say, someone dropped a uniform outside on the jagged pass (in MagmaRuby) or outside the Seafloor Cavern (AquaSapphire) and you find it and change into it, but when you get to Maxie/Archie, he recognizes you from the Oceanic Museum and disrobes you like how Silver did
    No I actually mean join Team Magma(Sapphire remake version)/Team Aqua (Ruby Remake) as become an actually member of the organisation. Of course this only would occur after you finish the Elite four. Of course one of the post elite story missions could include having the player being given an assignment to infiltrate the opposite side as an undercover agent to steal Intel. When you manage to get the Intel the opposition leader spots you and your cover is blown and suddenly the entire opposition organisation starts attacking you and you have to escape to a certain spot where your organisation is waiting to rescue you.
    Eeveeanne likes this.

Loving all things Eevee Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

keep the contests, add the pokeathon, add day and night and weather changes; not like in one patch here and one patch there all the time but changing weather patterns like in PB/PW, keep the secret base, and the pokemon walking behind you, add some new pokemon to find,keep feebase's easy evolution, give luvdics a new evolution, add Emerald's fronter and it would have been the perfect game to me. Remember when the gym leaders would call you for a rematch? That was awesome.

Blog Entries

That could work if you ignore that the team basically saw the error of their ways, and the opposing team was basically organized to stop the first team realizing their methods were extremist and dangerous.

Perhaps the RSEmake plot can go like this:

Pre-E4
    -The main antagonist is Team Magma(Ruby)/Aqua(Sapphire)
    -You learn basically team up with the opposing team in your version to try and stop them

Post-E4
    -The opposing team doesn't actually learn that extremism is a bad thing and goes after their legendary, thus allowing you to catch both legendaries in both games

Differences in each version

Ruby:
    -Groudon is attained at Mt. Chimney.
    -Aqua's hideout is still beside Lilycove, they still hold you up for some reason, but only temporarily.
    -You go to Mossdeep, after which, you find that the space station is attacked by Team Magma to steal some Rocket Fuel to blow up the volcano
    -You beat them, but then TM gets a message from one of their grunts that they've found Groudon leading them to ignore their "blow up Mt. Chimney" plan.
    -Find their badge, head to Mt. Chimney
    Post-game
    -You hear the news article about Latios, then the broadcast is interrupted by a breaking news bulletin that the Ocean museum is under attack. Proceed like Sapphire did.

Sapphire:
    -Plays out pretty much like Sapphire did in the originals D:
    Post-game
    -You hear about Latias on the news, then its interrupted with a news bulletin that Mossdeep Space Station is being attacked, and then it plays out like the Ruby scenario above