152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 67 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    You forget that Wurmple is also available on route 101.
    I know, I was simply making a point :P

That 1% for Patrat which is so commone in Unova could instead be given to something like Rattata or Sentret.
    My sentiments exactly.

We should get back on topic of discussion of remakes, instead of debating whether they would insert Unova Pokémon into the game...

My favourite ♥
    (\__/)
    (^-^)
    (> <)o

Blog Entries

So... what are people's ideas for the next PokeGagdet? FR/LG had a wireless adapter, HG/SS has a PokeWalker, and what about Hoenn? Personally I thought it would be extremely cool (and useful) to have a device that works like an external Box. It would be a homage to the little known game Pokemon Box: Ruby & Sapphire. You could bring your Pokemon in your pocket and trade them with your friends between their "PokeBoxes". After filling X spaces, you would get a special Pokemon, for example Extremespeed Zigzagoon. The game would also have an option to bring your Pokemon back should you lost your device (PokeWalker style).

As for more general wants...
    - expanded PokeDex (~250 mons)
    - the original Battle Froniter untouched (does anyone remember the bet guy? he made it so much easier to farm BPs)
    - emerald cloning glitch >:D lol, j/k, but one can dream...
    - Steven as a champion
    - May/Brendan as a main rival, and one that doesn't give up halfway
    - speaking of Brendan - redesign him, and not May please. Give the dude his white hair dammit!
    - keep the difficulty level reasonable! If I see even more doctors, straight routes, and Audinos I'm gonna cry ;_;
    - made some other region legends available. One of the reasons I really liked HG/SS was the sheer amount of legendaries you could catch, and I would like for them to do the same for RSEmakes

That's all for now.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

Blog Entries

I say they follow the Ruby/Sapphire story more generally than Emerald's, but include most of the Emerald extras.

Except Battle Frontier. I'd rather have a new one because the original one in Emerald was so frustrating. I never won even one symbol out of the 14. At least I got two in Platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsortor View Post
    - No Moss/Ice Rock. Eevee doesn't appear naturally in Hoenn (as far as I know, I'm struggling to beat Winona right now xD), so if you are gonna have an Eevee, you may as well evolve it in Unova while it's there!
    I was actually upset that I couldn't do it in Johto. Someone could give you an Eevee post-game, or mid-game even if they change up the 'Dex a bit.
    The typical places: Petalburg Woods and Shoal Cave. Or Fortree.
    sonic10158 and TheCapsFan like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    I say they follow the Ruby/Sapphire story more generally than Emerald's, but include most of the Emerald extras.

Except Battle Frontier. I'd rather have a new one because the original one in Emerald was so frustrating. I never won even one symbol out of the 14. At least I got two in Platinum.

I was actually upset that I couldn't do it in Johto. Someone could give you an Eevee post-game, or mid-game even if they change up the 'Dex a bit.
    The moss rock could be on top of that waterfall outside fortree where the giant bush secret base was.
    sonic10158 and Blue1225 like this.

How about the ability to join team Magma(Sapphire) or Team Aqua (Ruby) as a major storyline after the elite 4. I guess a post-elite villain story after elite four was perhaps some of the best features of Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen and Pokemon Black and White.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGrunt78 View Post
    How about the ability to join team Magma(Sapphire) or Team Aqua (Ruby) as a major storyline after the elite 4. I guess a post-elite villain story after elite four was perhaps some of the best features of Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen and Pokemon Black and White.
    You mean as to be undercover and infiltrate them from the inside, or actually be in their teams?

Out of what we've all thrown around so far I hope to see:

The Battle Frontier
    More post game activity
    Some of the legendaries from other regions (Regigigas, Darkrai/Cresselia as version exclusives, Shaymin, etc)
    ^Just thought of it now, but I think Shaymin would fit in really well With Hoenn's tropical climate and all.
    Walking pokemon
    Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza available both versions
    Would really like to see something done with Jirachi and Deoxys. We all remember the Space center and that white rock. Both of those are just begging to be used.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketGrunt78 View Post
    You mean as to be undercover and infiltrate them from the inside, or actually be in their teams?
    1. I think RocketGrunt means be on the team since he said Magma(Sapphire), you would be fighting against the villianous team of your version.

2. That reminded me of another feature i would like:
    similar to how you (almost) infiltrated Team Rocket in HG/SS, you could do that in the remakes. Say, someone dropped a uniform outside on the jagged pass (in MagmaRuby) or outside the Seafloor Cavern (AquaSapphire) and you find it and change into it, but when you get to Maxie/Archie, he recognizes you from the Oceanic Museum and disrobes you like how Silver did

My favourite ♥
    (\__/)
    (^-^)
    (> <)o

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

^Dropping a badge is one thing but a whole unifrom? Worst Grunt EVER!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Hopefully walking Pokémon would return, but with the option to not have them following you.

I can't see them allowing you to join Team Aqua/Magma, all though it would be cool..

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

^Dropping a badge is one thing but a whole unifrom? Worst Grunt EVER!
    That would be a real LOLZ!! Unless that grunt ran away while changing outside XD

Anyways, really, that Space Center and the White Rock needs to be accounted for being important for anything. Anything. Not just for battling Team Magma, but something about Jirachi or Deoxys...

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Rayquaza is stated to have the power to stop Groudon & Kyogre's fighting. It wouldn't make any sense if it was only able to stop one.
    It has the power to stop both, which doesn't preclude it from stopping only one of them. The fact that Rayquaza wields that power doesn't make the RS plot any less likely to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsortor View Post
    that's pretty much my point about Unova Pokémon. Everyone else is suggesting stuff like:
    Route 101
    Zigzagoon 50%
    Poochyena 49%
    Patrat 1%

but rather instead of them being semi-native to Hoenn, they could say the Pokémon were imported :P
    The difference being? The pokemon are still found in the wild, which is not the case in RSE, so if you want to stay true to those remakes, the pre-E4 routes couldn't have those pokemon.

I see what you are saying, but anything is possible for GF, they could up and decide that Hoenn needs to be square and it would be possible xD
    That's a cop-out -- Game Freak can do whatever the hell they want. Which doesn't invalidate any sort of speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    I agree with this -- it's not hard to replace one of the rocks or trees with a landmark. It'd come in handy later. Also, Magneton would evolve in New Mauville.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    The moss rock could be on top of that waterfall outside fortree where the giant bush secret base was.
    The only issue with that is that there's no grass there.

Quote Originally Posted by darkqueen View Post
    Anyways, really, that Space Center and the White Rock needs to be accounted for being important for anything. Anything. Not just for battling Team Magma, but something about Jirachi or Deoxys...
    The rock in Sinnoh that has to do with Shaymin is also white. Maybe there's some correlation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    Also, Magneton would evolve in New Mauville.
    The only problem being that New Mauville is the only place you get Magnemite anyway. Then we would all be running around with level 32 Magnezones. I have no suggestions where it should really evolve, though.

EDIT: Actually you could have a level 27 Magnezone since some Magneton are available underleveled. The second you get Norman's badge, you would just surf on over here with a rare candy, and then BAM! One of the best pokemon in the game already!

The only thing that even makes a little sense would be for Magneton to evolve in the Abandoned Ship where the Scanner is after you get Dive. The explanation being that the scanner gives off some magnetic field. But that's even a stretch, so IDK.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    The only problem being that New Mauville is the only place you get Magnemite anyway. Then we would all be running around with level 32 Magnezones. I have no suggestions where it should really evolve, though.
    And Mt. Coronet was the only place to get Nosepass in Platinum, and as low as level 14. Same case.

Blog Entries

Nosepass was rare, Magnemite and Magneton aren't. In any case, by the time you get to New Mauville, you can already have your starter fully evolved, and have five badges, so having a Magnezone isn't a game-breaker. Really, things like Alakazam would be more of a Game Breaker since in FrLg (and the originals), you find Abra at the second gym, the Day Care is also at the second gym, and you can trade. You can have an Alakazam before you battle Misty. Oh, and that's avoiding the Gyarados we're given very early on (though it does kind of get hindered by the fact that you face a water, electric, then grass gym). TVTropes catalogs the many examples nicely.

They could make that side-quest more interesting by having you battle a wild Magnezone, and perhaps two Magneton at the same time in the first wild Triple Battle. After the generator is shut down, the strange magnetic waves it releases stop, so you can't evolve anymore Magneton into Magnezone after that, until after the Elite 4, where Wattson will call you and tell you that he fixed the generator.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 13th August 2011 at 10:53 PM.