• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 65 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

@Miar: Maybe not at Granite Cave, but say... New Mauville?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

New Mauville sounds good to me.

I hope they do include seasons, just because it's tropical doesn't mean its non stop summer.

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

I actually wouldn't mind wet and dry seasons.
    Just like the current season mechanic, it could alternate between the two.
    For example:
    April - Wet Season
    May - Dry Season
    June - Wet Season
    July - Dry Season
    ...And so on.
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

Blog Entries

Yeah, now that I think of it seasons really wouldn't work out that much it would be cool but I don't see it happening. I hope Wally actually becomes your main rival in this game and May/Brendan would be the secondary rival or they could both be your rival like Cheren and Bianca. Wally would start out with Ralts and later get the starter weak to yours and Brendan/May would have the starter strong against the one you decided to pick or vice versa.

Blog Entries

I think Nintendo should work on a single game for the 3DS that takes place in Hoenn as a spiritual successor to the original games.

Blog Entries

Except they always release them in pairs to boost sales.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

Having them in pairs merely increases the variety to choose from and promotes their trading mechanic. The amount of people buying both versions of the same game probably isn't significant enough to tip the numbers either way. The reason I want a single version is so that they can release a second game that's completely different, perhaps a third version, or perhaps another sequel set in an old region. Having games that were completely different would boost sales.

Please please please make the remake for Nintendo DS. I know game developers are always striving for better game performance and so that would means moving on to better consoles from time to time. But Nintendo DS is already a good-ol' familiar handheld console in gamers' heart, and I heard it's quite a big money maker for the company, too, gaining more profits than all the latest game consoles (PS3, XBox 360 etc) combined. You don't need 3D-view (I'm talking about the stereoscopy technology found in consoles such as Nintendo 3DS, not the 3D rendering technology already found in Gen IV games) or a stronger processor to make a good Pokemon game. So please, don't move on from Nintendo DS yet!

All you need is the old Nintendo DS!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tepig View Post
    Yeah, now that I think of it seasons really wouldn't work out that much it would be cool but I don't see it happening. I hope Wally actually becomes your main rival in this game and May/Brendan would be the secondary rival or they could both be your rival like Cheren and Bianca. Wally would start out with Ralts and later get the starter weak to yours and Brendan/May would have the starter strong against the one you decided to pick or vice versa.
    What we need is one more battle from Wally, and some non-battling appearances for Brendan/May, and we're set.

Wally's extra battle could be right before you enter Mt. Pyre to fight Team Aqua/Magma, with him having captured some of the pokemon he will eventually use against you. The levels would be around 30 if the battle occurs in this spot, so I imagine a team somewhat similar to Roselia/Delcatty/Magnemite/Kirlia.

And like I said, Brendan/May should appear in a few more places for non-battling purposes. Perhaps when you enter Verdanturf Town they teach you about Berry Blending in the Contest Hall, and then later they can go on the New Mauville mission with you, and one more extra appearance after you beat them for the final time they could appear in Slateport City when Team Aqua/Magma comes to steal the submarine.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Travalgar View Post
    Please please please make the remake for Nintendo DS. I know game developers are always striving for better game performance and so that would means moving on to better consoles from time to time. But Nintendo DS is already a good-ol' familiar handheld console in gamers' heart, and I heard it's quite a big money maker for the company, too, gaining more profits than all the latest game consoles (PS3, XBox 360 etc) combined. You don't need 3D-view (I'm talking about the stereoscopy technology found in consoles such as Nintendo 3DS, not the 3D rendering technology already found in Gen IV games) or a stronger processor to make a good Pokemon game. So please, don't move on from Nintendo DS yet!

All you need is the old Nintendo DS!
    I want the game to be really awesome. That would require using the 3D capabilities of the 3DS.

Besides, Nintendo is now selling the 3DS at such a discount that its selling at a loss. They need new games to boost 3DS sales. RS-3DS would be just one of the big name titles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    I want the game to be really awesome. That would require using the 3D capabilities of the 3DS.
    That would also require them waiting until Gen VI when they're used to the system, but you never know, they may actually surprise us this time
    Quote Originally Posted by Travalgar View Post
    I heard it's quite a big money maker for the company, too, gaining more profits than all the latest game consoles (PS3, XBox 360 etc) combined.
    Yeah, throughout its entire lifetime. It isn't a big seller now, and Nintendo needs to focus on its new system.

Blog Entries

Like I've said (In relation to @Psystrike commenting on the games having to be different to boost sales), is to have one version based on Hoenn, and one for Kanto.

That way, the games would be truly different, yet still complete remakes.

Anyways, I'd like to see a sub-plot for Wally to at some point visit in Littleroot at the professor's house, and ask for the third starter. (And get it)

This would be sometime after the first battle with him, and would then, not only complete the circle of all starters being used, but also do something kind of new.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

@Baron Dante but there is no need for a Kanto one as they've already remade it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    Like I've said (In relation to @Psystrike commenting on the games having to be different to boost sales), is to have one version based on Hoenn, and one for Kanto.

That way, the games would be truly different, yet still complete remakes.

Anyways, I'd like to see a sub-plot for Wally to at some point visit in Littleroot at the professor's house, and ask for the third starter. (And get it)

This would be sometime after the first battle with him, and would then, not only complete the circle of all starters being used, but also do something kind of new.

I don't like the idea of another Kanto remake. Kanto has been featured in almost every generation now, so another Kanto remake would be a waste of time and money.

A sub-plot for Wally sounds viable, but Wally doesn't need the third and last starter. I always think of Wally together with his Ralts, so Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir should be his main Pokémon.
    I claimed the fabulous Burgh in the Official Claim-A-Character thread, and I claimed Quiver Dance in the Official Claim-A-Move thread.

I DO eventually wanna see more games set in Kanto and Johto that aren't remakes, but games that are just set years after so we can see how things have changed, but I don't wanna see them in Gen 5. Personally I wouldn't have a problem with them, but I know a lot of people are sick of Kanto right now and I don't want the games to suffer because of it. GF should wait till about Gen 7 to bring Kanto back.

In terms of the RSE remakes, considering how they have both Cheren and Bianca as your rivals throughout the entire game, with their own individual strengths and weaknesses I hope that GF does this again. They way that Brendan/May just stopped battling you half-way through the storyline always annoyed me and made them the worse rivals ever in my opinion.

I hope that we see a few more battles with Wally and I would find it interesting if he did somehow obtain the 3rd starter pokemon.

EDIT: I also expect that we'll see a few past legendaries as well. I think with this being Hoenn and all we need to see Regigigas, as this is where the Regi's first appeared. Doubt we'll see any legends from Kanto, but I could see GF Throwing Lugia and Ho-Oh somewhere in the remakes. Maybe have them as event mons.
    Last edited by Blue1225; 9th August 2011 at 09:02 AM.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225