• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 59 of 239 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Mama, we all go to hell. TheCapsFan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by ScerptileManiac View Post
    Keep most of the details unchanged, as Hoenn and Unova are the best regions (in my opinion). Of course, add a little to the mythology with regigigas. Add Pokewalker, stuff to the battle frontier, a couple of previously inaccessible areas to catch sinnoh- and unova- native pokemon, especially legendaries. But PLEASE keep the pokemon contests the way they were in that generation. that was the only generation in which I actually liked the contests.
    I agree with the contest idea, they were fun (even though I never won a single contest).

I'd like to keep the gym puzzles as well, but I guess that's in the "most of the details" section. But they should keep the battle frontier the way it was.

And yes, you were right about Unova and Hoenn being the best regions.

Blog Entries

One thing I don't think has been mentioned is Pacifidlog Town. I'd like it to be made more important, rather than just a place where you can go if you want to do some extra stuff. I had Ruby for a long time before I decided to actually go there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lugion View Post
    One thing I don't think has been mentioned is Pacifidlog Town. I'd like it to be made more important, rather than just a place where you can go if you want to do some extra stuff. I had Ruby for a long time before I decided to actually go there.
    There could at least be a guy at Pacifidlog Town that explains the Regi pokemon quest to you. I mean, the Sealed Chamber is RIGHT THERE and yet you just have to randomly encounter it, nobody ever explains anything to you.

Blog Entries

For Vito: It's a good idea, but fighting him in Rustboro is too early. The way the family spoke of him, he was way stronger than any of them, so I'd rather fight him only at a point he would be stronger than them.

I got curious: Mirage Island. Will that be made, you know, realistically accessible this time?
    sonic10158 likes this.

Does anyone know if this is actually going to be remade? I mean, I want it to be happen v bad but yeah...is there any point discussing it if it will never happen? Is it an assumption? Will it happen, when, before or after the inevitable "Gray/Chrome" version etc?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
    Does anyone know if this is actually going to be remade? I mean, I want it to be happen v bad but yeah...is there any point discussing it if it will never happen? Is it an assumption? Will it happen, when, before or after the inevitable "Gray/Chrome" version etc?
    All wishful speculation.

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

This is GameFreak and Nintendo we're talking about.
    Of course they're gonna remake R/S.
    Just think of all the money they would make from people's nostalgia as well as the kids who never got to play the original games.
    sonic10158 likes this.
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

MAJOR BRAINWAVE.
    Ruby and Sapphire remakes could feature Streetpass Secret Bases and Streetpass PokeNav number swapping 3DS exclusive options.
    Also, how about exchanging Battle Frontier records via Streetpass too?
    I'd want them to be for DS, because starting Gen V on DS but finishing on 3DS makes no sense.
    I expect a National Dex Safari Zone area too.

I reckon the Gym and E4 rematches will feature Gen IV and V Pokemon (Glacia with Froslass and Beartic? Wattson with Emolga and Electivire? Steven with Escavelier? YES).
    I don't want any Scott, because that would be an Emerald remake (although the Suicune storyline in HGSS did feel like Crystal...).

Liberty Garden Island and Unity Tower should also be accessible, as should some island somewhere that holds Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon (although, most Sinnoh Pokemon are connected to old Pokemon anyway), and Deoxys and Jirachi should get events. As should the Eon Ticket thing.

Most importantly, I want seasons, Day/Night, C-Gear as some sort of function (or at least upgrade the PokeNav to include Entralink, Game Sync and IR), Random Matchups and a Wi-Fi Plaza where you can exchange Friend Codes online.

[SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

Blog Entries

Liberty Garden is south of Castelia, too far away.

But Southern(Latios/Latias) and Birth Islands (Deoxys) definitely should be available, as well as somewhere for Jirachi. And perhaps a fourth hidden ruin in Hoenn for Regigigas after you have the other three, or that could be added in Grey.

The Hoenn games have to have whatever 'Mons the Unova ones don't. It shouldn't have to be absolutely required to transfer from older games to catch 'em all. That's why HGSS even existed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Liberty Garden is south of Castelia, too far away.

But Southern(Latios/Latias) and Birth Islands (Deoxys) definitely should be available, as well as somewhere for Jirachi. And perhaps a fourth hidden ruin in Hoenn for Regigigas after you have the other three, or that could be added in Grey.

The Hoenn games have to have whatever 'Mons the Unova ones don't. It shouldn't have to be absolutely required to transfer from older games to catch 'em all. That's why HGSS even existed.
    THIS.

Toss in Navel Rock for good measure.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

mod note: Please remember that speculation upon the viability of a RSEmake is banned as per the rules of this thread.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    For Vito: It's a good idea, but fighting him in Rustboro is too early. The way the family spoke of him, he was way stronger than any of them, so I'd rather fight him only at a point he would be stronger than them.

I got curious: Mirage Island. Will that be made, you know, realistically accessible this time?
    I hope to god so. In the 8 years I've been playing the games, not once have I been able to go there.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This isn't the place to speculate whether it'll happen, only to talk about what it'll be like if it does happen.

Baron Dante, I hope they make it more accessible. I never went there...

EDIT: Woops, didn't see this page. That Streetpass idea before was cool though.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

So no one knows? Why couldn't that be said instead of the sarcasm?

I didnt know if I had missed something; clearly I haven't. If this is all conjecture at this point then that is all well and good.

Providing the remakes are handled as well as HG & SS were then I'm happy.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think they should set Mirage Island so that it is required to access once, then for any other time its dependant on how it was in RSE.