• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 58 of 239 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

One of the changes to Pheobe's roster can be giving her Sableye Prankster and load it with status moves. That would sure make the battle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    So why battle before the league? Well, I expect Wally to reprise his role and battle you early in Victory Road. I want Alder to battle you right before you enter the Elite 4 challenge all boastful saying he wants to go first and show the world that he's an international champion by beating leagues around the world. You beat him, he realizes his Pokemon is sick off screen. After beating the Elite 4, the end credits show a special scene with Alder talking to the nurse with a grave look on his face, then cuts to a scene in Unova showing Alder walking up to Celestial Tower.
    All thats fine but Alder isn't the focus of the game. It would be wierd to see Alder of all people after the credits roll. I don't disagree with putting that scene in the game but not after the credits. The focus should be primarily on the player during that part.
    Last edited by Ranger Jack Walker; 14th July 2011 at 12:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I was suggesting that in-game trainers should have hidden abilities.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Small thing: how about the ability to change whether you want the bike music to come on when you first get on it, keep playing when you reach a new place, or whether to come on at all? Sometimes I want to hear it, but other times, it is annoying as crap, but I need to ride the bike.

Blog Entries

I'd actually like to see Wally havng more role in the game as a secondary rival. Sure, he kinda is that in the originals already, but he is only fought twice. I'd like to see a bit more of him... maybe as we revisit some town in the storyline (Lavaridge during Groudon or something), we get to see him coming out of the Gym or something and battling us?

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeh the rival battles, both Wally and May/Brenden, could be improved. Wally really should get at least one more battle, and Brenden/May could easily have her starter fully evolved and be more frequent.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

Wally should also get a battle theme. And Brendan/May should get a battle after seven or eight badges.

Blog Entries

I don't mind if Brenden/May don't get an extra battle. But I would like the battle at Lilycove to be put somewhere else. Wally could easily replace them and battle the player here, and then we could encounter Brenden/May at Mossdeep. This establishes Wally as a rival figure, while progressing May/Brenden's role in the storyline. In theory they could replace Steven in the tag battle, and then be versed later on as well. Maybe Brenden/May could be battled right infront of Victory Road, yet still have the Wally battle at the end.

A cameo of either Wally or May/Brenden could also happen in Pacifidlog Town, as they're exploring into the mythology and history surrounding the town. Maybe the final battle against them after the Elite-4 could take place there (they can be rebattled, like a role similar to Cynthia's in Black/White).
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psystrike View Post
    I'd much rather they removed Vigoroth for Zangoose and keep Linoone. Protect also basically makes Slaking easy to beat.

Considering that new games sometimes adds new moves to a Pokemon's moveset, I say just as a curveball, since people complain about difficulty, give all the leaders better AI, and give Feint to Slaking, which Norman will use if he notices you abusing Protect. Becomes a gamble of using Protect and getting hit, not using protect, not getting hit and damaging slacking, or not using protect and dying. Then again, 30 base power isn't that threatening, but still, you thought you could make Slaking waste a turn. It also better exemplifies his gym's emphasis on balance.

Now for my team wishes:

Wow I have to admit these are great ideas! Your idea for Wattson would make the battle really challenging and fun so you'd actually have to grind for that gym the only thing I disagree with is getting rid of Tate and Liza's Xatu for Chimecho. If I recall correctly they spammed that annoying Earthquake technique back in Emerald version it made them pretty tough too.

You can see from my E4 and gym leader rosters that I really want Game Freak to not be afraid and to try something new.

EDIT:

Also in terms of continuity nods, I think Alder should appear as a bonus character.

Since RSE is ~10 years before Unova (even if your estimate is 5 years after HgSs, that still puts BW 8 years ahead of RSE) we can see Alder as either his wandering preacher self who makes a cameo throughout the game, but is unbattleable which means he's been his BW self for a long time.

However, what I want to see in him is his pre-preacher self, where he was more like Marshal and Cheren boasting about his battling abilities and he eventually battles you before the Pokemon league in one glorious battle. I choose one battle because I want to showcase his character development. In this battle, his starter Pokemon weakens each turn as if its holding Sticky Barb or something, but there's nothing there, alluding to his Pokemon's illness (perhaps create a unique status condition just for it). Obviously he's the Champion of the Unova league already, but you eventually become Champion of the Hoenn league, so I expect a pretty fair match, but you get the upper hand because one of his Pokemon are sick.

So why battle before the league? Well, I expect Wally to reprise his role and battle you early in Victory Road. I want Alder to battle you right before you enter the Elite 4 challenge all boastful saying he wants to go first and show the world that he's an international champion by beating leagues around the world. You beat him, he realizes his Pokemon is sick off screen. After beating the Elite 4, the end credits show a special scene with Alder talking to the nurse with a grave look on his face, then cuts to a scene in Unova showing Alder walking up to Celestial Tower.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GengarEatBanana View Post
    I don't mind if Brenden/May don't get an extra battle. But I would like the battle at Lilycove to be put somewhere else. Wally could easily replace them and battle the player here, and then we could encounter Brenden/May at Mossdeep. This establishes Wally as a rival figure, while progressing May/Brenden's role in the storyline. In theory they could replace Steven in the tag battle, and then be versed later on as well. Maybe Brenden/May could be battled right infront of Victory Road, yet still have the Wally battle at the end.

A cameo of either Wally or May/Brenden could also happen in Pacifidlog Town, as they're exploring into the mythology and history surrounding the town. Maybe the final battle against them after the Elite-4 could take place there (they can be rebattled, like a role similar to Cynthia's in Black/White).
    I'd rather keep Steven as the double battle guy, and I like Wally's original role as the random trainer you helped who wound up being strong enough to go through Victory Road. I think it would be ruined if he were battled too much so the two encounters given seem fine.

I mentioned earlier I wanted Vito to actually become a rival as well who appears a bit later in the games (possibly Fallarbor) and much stronger than most trainers. Like Blue, you can lose your first battle to him without the game forcing you to restart as if the loss never happened to further emphasize that he's supposed to be strong. It could be more similar to DP-saga in the anime where the characters periodically gain more and more rivals throughout their adventure. Pretty realistic if you ask me.

Of course, that still leaves the role of the main rival empty since both Wally and Vito are placed in the periphery, and the opposite gender rival isn't even a rival since you aren't trying to achieve the same goals. I think I originally meant Vito to appear in Rustboro with much stronger Pokemon. Perhaps all the battles early on can be like your first battle with Blue and allow you to lose.

PKMN Trainer Vito (Rustboro)
    -
    Starter type weak to yours (lv. 12)
    -Tailow (lv. 12)
    -Electrike (lv. 12)
    -Trapinch (lv. 15)

PKMN Trainer Vito (Lavaridge, after beating Flannery)
    -
    Starter (lv. 28)
    -Swellow (lv. 28)
    -Manetric (Lv 28)
    -Nuzleaf (lv. 28)
    -Vibrava (Lv. 32)

Vibrava's underlevelled, I know. Anyway, this is when he mentions you should try to do the Winstrate Family challenge, with his dialogue changing depending on whether you challenged the family already or not. If you had, additional dialogue is added. After this point, his trainer class will be Winstrate

Winstrate Vito (Victory Road)
    -Starter (lv. 45)
    -Swellow (lv. 43)
    -Shiftry (lv. 43)
    -Manetric (lv. 43)
    -Flygon (lv. 47)

Doing this would allow for a lot more meaningful encounters in Victory Road rather than random trainers you've never met. The PC will then have met two trainers that he fights in Victory road, and battled against earlier (Wally and Vito) as well as engaging in a double battle with the reigning Champion (Steven)

Also gave him a Flygon because he lives near the desert, so I thought his first Pokemon should be from there.

Hmmm, perhaps a three-on-three battle with Maxie, Tabitha, and Courtney at the space station, against Steven, the PC, and Vito? That would be awesome especially if everyone used a full roster.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 15th July 2011 at 12:53 AM.

Blog Entries

That Vito idea's a good one. I hope they expand on that.

I just feel like Wally needs to be focused on a bit more. Even maybe adding his Roselia as a Budew in the first battle would show some sign of progression, not just the random trainer who miraculously made it to Victory Road.

My feelings about May/Brenden is that you should at least encounter them at a later stage than Lilycove. Even Pacifidlog Town would be better to progress the storyline.

I do wonder if Scott will be present in the game, and if Gabby & Ty are involved at all.
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

Since your opposite gendered rival is supposed to be out doing fieldwork, it would be nice if you can rematch them in random routes on certain days of the week. I thought it was kind of nice that you seemed to be stalked by Gabby and Ty. They're news reporters looking for strong trainers, so its only natural to find them in other routes. The same can be done for Brendan and May, and on their non-battle days, they can talk about what they're doing.

Perhaps, if they bring swarms back, those are the routes you can find them at, and they'll battle you every Friday or something.

I think for Wally, rather than have a battle, there should be vague dialogue of a powerful green-haired trainer. If Vito's anime design is used for inspiration, he'd have green hair as well but subtle dialogue would indicate people are talking about Wally. If what we need is to see more development on Wally's part, then offhand comments, possibly even made by Gabby and Ty could work.

Also, forgot to mention, the Victory Road battle, obviously you'd have to win that one.

As for the 3-on-3 battle,

Winstrate Vito
    Starter | Flygon
    Mysterious Trainer Steven (yeah, want a little foreshadowing)
    Skarmory | Aggron

Don't want him to use Metang, seems kind of weird.

Maxie
    Torkoal | Camerupt
    Tabitha
    Mightyena | Magcargo
    Courtney
    Crobat | Ninetales
    Last edited by The Outrage; 15th July 2011 at 01:17 AM.

Blog Entries

They're some good ideas. Actually when Aqua/Magma steal the submarine Gabby & Ty are outside interviewing Captain Stern. After the interview they could briefly talk to you about a challenger they battled (Wally). That could be a good hint at his development.
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

A lot more of Wally... that sounds great LOL Then perhaps he could be in the Battle Frontier and you could tag with him in the Battle Tower>

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Since Hoenn's thing was doub;le battles, I'd keep tha tag battle along side Steven against Maxie and Tabitha unchanged.

Keep most of the details unchanged, as Hoenn and Unova are the best regions (in my opinion). Of course, add a little to the mythology with regigigas. Add Pokewalker, stuff to the battle frontier, a couple of previously inaccessible areas to catch sinnoh- and unova- native pokemon, especially legendaries. But PLEASE keep the pokemon contests the way they were in that generation. that was the only generation in which I actually liked the contests.