• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 57 of 239 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

If the RSemakes are remakes and not sequels, N can't appear.

Well, the general consensus is that gen III happened at the same time that gen I did due to R/S/E and FR/LG being able to trade with each other. If Game Freak decided to stick with that, then the R/S remakes would happen some 5-10 (maybe even more?) years before B/W.

Admittedly Game Freak is free to do whatever the hell they want with their timeline, and they don't have to stick with what the fans have put together, but I can't see them messing it up when it all fits together so nicely.

Blog Entries

I hope they'll improve the Gym Leaders' teams. I would take their Emerald teams and change them like this:
    Roxanne: Replace one Geodude with a Lileep, both to make things more equal in difficulty for the three starters and to showcase this awesome pokémon.
    Brawly: Evolve either Makuhita or Meditite. It may seem harsh, but remember that Misty has Starmie, Bugsy has Scyther, Gardenia has Roserade, and Lenora has Watchog, so it is quite common for the second Gym Leader to have a pretty powerful evolved pokémon.
    Wattson: Exchange Electrike for Lanturn to give him more diversity, coverage, and make him harder. Also to showcase Lanturn.
    Flannery: Exchange Numel for Vulpix for more diversity.
    Norman: His team is fine, but his Linoone should get some non-Normal move.
    Winona: Let's exchange her Swablu for a Swellow and give her entire team two or three level-ups. She is too easy.
    Liza&Tate: While their teams are fine, Xatu and Lunatone should get damaging moves that aren't Psychic, as a simple Mightyena can really wreck them in Emerald.
    Juan: Evolve Sealeo to Walrein. There's really no excuse for the final Gym Leader to be using a not fully evolved pokémon, unless it's a pseudo-legendary. Or, if they want to wait showing off Walrein until Glacia, he should get Wailord or Ludicolo instead.

Sidney: Exchange Mighyena for a Houndoom. I know it's not in the Hoenn dex, but he's an Elite Four. IMO he can get away with it. Also, every one of his pokémon should get a Dark-type attack (which will be a lot more useful for most of them now that most Dark moves are physical).
    Phoebe: Exchange one Bannette for a Gengar, exchange one Dusclops for a Chandelure and evolve the other.
    Glacia: Exchange a Glalie for Froslass, switch one Sealeo for Abomasnow and the other for Glaceon.
    Drake: His team is fine, but all instances of DragonBreath should become Dragon Pulse.
    Wallace and Steven are fine.
    Continent Turtle likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Yeah, a whole new sequel story of Hoenn would be much better than just remaking the game.

First up, I'd like a lot more things to do with Dive. A lost underwater ruin would be cool, and you could find fossils there, rather at the desert.

Maybe the Secret base should have more features than just decorating. It would be convenient if you could make your own healing base where you train regularly.

How about Champion Double-battle? I'd like to see that! Not for the Hall of Fame, but as a special side quest with you and your rival against the two champions of Hoenn, Steven and Wallace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tepig View Post
    I don't see how Zangoose and Slaking at the same time might be a bit too much... Slaking has legendary stats but it has that ability for a reason and it really puts it at a disadvantage. Zangoose isn't too difficult either I'm sure if you have a Breloom/Combusken/Hariyama or a Machoke at that point you can get rid of those easily.
    I'd much rather they removed Vigoroth for Zangoose and keep Linoone. Protect also basically makes Slaking easy to beat.

Considering that new games sometimes adds new moves to a Pokemon's moveset, I say just as a curveball, since people complain about difficulty, give all the leaders better AI, and give Feint to Slaking, which Norman will use if he notices you abusing Protect. Becomes a gamble of using Protect and getting hit, not using protect, not getting hit and damaging slacking, or not using protect and dying. Then again, 30 base power isn't that threatening, but still, you thought you could make Slaking waste a turn. It also better exemplifies his gym's emphasis on balance.

Now for my team wishes:

You can see from my E4 and gym leader rosters that I really want Game Freak to not be afraid and to try something new.

EDIT:

Also in terms of continuity nods, I think Alder should appear as a bonus character.

Since RSE is ~10 years before Unova (even if your estimate is 5 years after HgSs, that still puts BW 8 years ahead of RSE) we can see Alder as either his wandering preacher self who makes a cameo throughout the game, but is unbattleable which means he's been his BW self for a long time.

However, what I want to see in him is his pre-preacher self, where he was more like Marshal and Cheren boasting about his battling abilities and he eventually battles you before the Pokemon league in one glorious battle. I choose one battle because I want to showcase his character development. In this battle, his starter Pokemon weakens each turn as if its holding Sticky Barb or something, but there's nothing there, alluding to his Pokemon's illness (perhaps create a unique status condition just for it). Obviously he's the Champion of the Unova league already, but you eventually become Champion of the Hoenn league, so I expect a pretty fair match, but you get the upper hand because one of his Pokemon are sick.

So why battle before the league? Well, I expect Wally to reprise his role and battle you early in Victory Road. I want Alder to battle you right before you enter the Elite 4 challenge all boastful saying he wants to go first and show the world that he's an international champion by beating leagues around the world. You beat him, he realizes his Pokemon is sick off screen. After beating the Elite 4, the end credits show a special scene with Alder talking to the nurse with a grave look on his face, then cuts to a scene in Unova showing Alder walking up to Celestial Tower.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 13th July 2011 at 02:34 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't see why not. Timelines are simply too vague in Pokémon. GS follows RB, Cynthia in BW mentions Platinum, and XD follows Colosseum. Hoenn isn't mentioned at all save for a few people who say they're from there.
    There is also the Jasmine thing that shows how HG/SS and Pt happen at the same time.

Anyways, I like Psystrike's rosters, but I feel Roxanne shouldn't have the fossils. They are kinda too early at the game, and she really even can't have them, since fossil reviving is finished only at a later point.

The Juan/Wallace thing... does that mean you would first match with Juan as the Gym Leader or something?

Blog Entries

The Devon corporation's fossil revival machine is not yet operational, but Cinnabar's fossil revival machine doesn't really suggest its part of Devon Co.'s development, but an invention of the lab. There is a lack of Rock Pokemon. I don't want Geodude and Onix since that's Brock's roster. Perhaps a repeat of Gen I with the first gym leader with only two Pokemon with Geodude and Nosepass is fine.

You fight Juan thinking he's the leader, but then find out he isn't. Perhaps he can use his own unique trainer class of Former Gym Leader or Mentor Juan, and you just think he's the leader, but he just wanted a chance to battle the trainer who put a stop to Groudon and Kyogre. After the battle, to be nice, he heals you so you can fight Wallace without going back to the Pokemon Centre.

Blog Entries

I agree with Onix and Geo needs the axe, but... I don't know, using the fossils kinda irks me.

Blazaking's Avatar Staff ArtistModerator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Blazaking On Twitter Add Blazaking on Google+
    Follow Blazaking on Tumblr Visit Blazaking's Youtube Channel

I noticed that in the Pokémon Center in B/W, the healing machine glows red, blue and then green. While it could be a reference to the Gen I games, it could also be a hint to RSEmakes.

Blog Entries

@Psystrike: I like some of your rosters, some of them I don't. I really think Brawly should evolve his Meditite or Makuhita, and I think removing Skarmory will make Winona insanely easy. I also think Chimecho is just too weak for Liza and Tate, and Juan definitely shouldn't lose his signature Kingdra. I like your other teams, and especially your Alder idea, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apenpaap View Post
    @Psystrike : I like some of your rosters, some of them I don't. I really think Brawly should evolve his Meditite or Makuhita, and I think removing Skarmory will make Winona insanely easy. I also think Chimecho is just too weak for Liza and Tate, and Juan definitely shouldn't lose his signature Kingdra. I like your other teams, and especially your Alder idea, though.
    I was thinking about it, Brawley should definitely have Hariyama since its his signature. If people are able to beat Hariyama the insane Helping Hand + Helping Hand + Minus assault from Manetric shouldn't be too difficult.

I disagree with Skarmory making things harder when there's Swellow and I've found Chimecho deceptively difficult at times.

I also still think Juan should have more parallels with Wallace in terms of his signature and don't want him to double up with Drake--especially when there's no reason for water trainers to double up with anyone

Blog Entries

One thing I'd want to see from the Gym Leaders is to them have real working strategies. With actual TM usage and such, having decent type coverage.

This is even for the first battles. This would make them ridiculously difficult, so I don't see it happening.

Blog Entries

There isn't much strategy to be had at level 10-20 range, but that's why I suggested better AI and Triple and Rotation battles. The electric Pokemon introduced in Hoenn, in particular, can benefit from Triple battles especially if they capitalize on hidden abilities.

I think that instead of doubling up Juan with Wallace, that he should serve a similar role that Steven did in Emerald. He obviously wouldn't be AS strong, but he should just be a sort of cameo battle.

BTW I think that Chimecho is strong enough for Tate and Liza, it can be a real pain in the butt if it is given a good enough moveset
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Blog Entries

I was hoping that new additions to the game will put in the Hidden Abilities to be made available in other ways.

Perhaps there could be a Psychic or something that talks about 'unleashing the Pokemon's hidden abilities' and warn that unleashing them will result in complete loss of the old abilities and also have prerequisites to unleashing the abilities like having your EV's capped and being at full happiness.