• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 53 of 239 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

I prefer Wallace being the Champion. Thw Water type offers much more versitality.

Wallace could have this team:

Wailord
    Crawdaunt
    Tentracruel
    Gyarados
    Ludicolo
    Milotic

Or maybe they could go for a bigger surprise and have Steven be the Champion the first time and then he leaves to pursue his hobby. Wallace who was the Gym Leader before becomes the Champion and the Juan becomes the Gym Leader for the rematches.
    Last edited by Ranger Jack Walker; 3rd July 2011 at 05:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    Or maybe they could go for a bigger surprise and have Steven be the Champion the first time and then he leaves to pursue his hobby. Wallace who was the Gym Leader before becomes the Champion and the Juan becomes the Gym Leader for the rematches.
    This would be a good idea, but would you still be able to battle Steven?

Blog Entries

@Psystrike: I actully like that. But, for the first match, Phoebe should definately have Duskclops instead of Noir.

As for Glacia... If we go by 4 Pokemon, he could have Glalie, Sealeo and Walrein... and then, to do something never before seen... throw in a Regice. To compensate for it's power, it could be a few levels lower... or not, as it's not too good of a pokemon anyways. :P

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Yes. He would still be found in Meteor Falls. Except that battle won't be a one time thing anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apenpaap View Post
    I really hope they don't have the Elite Four have four pokémon each, that would put them closer to the childishly easy difficulty level of the Unova E4. I don't think they'll do that anyway, as the reason the Unova E4 were so laughably easy seems to be that there's a whole lot more stuff after them (Reshiram, N, Ghetsis) instead of just the Champion.
    Can you explain to me, how the Elite 4 having Pokemon below level 50's, and doubling up on weak and/or unevolved Pokemon resulting in three unique Pokemon at most poses less of a challenge than having everyone at level 53 and 55? It's not as if there's two Garchomps or Dragonites which you may have had trouble fighting the first time around. Sealeo wasn't a challenge the first time and will not be a challenge the second time. Doing the 4-Party format in Unova was a bit ridiculous because they could make a sufficiently large team. These guys couldn't even pull of more than three unique Pokemon, so a 4-party team with a significant level up would work. Even Glacia's team doesn't reach that level of power.

N, Reshiram, and Ghetsis wasn't much of an excuse when you can actually heal before those battles.

For this Elite 4, I'm proposing that the whole game has the same level distribution as the originals, resulting in a massive level curve for the Elite 4, combined with their better AI, results in a tough match
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Dante View Post
    @Psystrike: I actully like that. But, for the first match, Phoebe should definately have Duskclops instead of Noir.

As for Glacia... If we go by 4 Pokemon, he could have Glalie, Sealeo and Walrein... and then, to do something never before seen... throw in a Regice. To compensate for it's power, it could be a few levels lower... or not, as it's not too good of a pokemon anyways. :P
    I don't see the rationale between giving Phoebe Dusclops then giving Glacia Regice.

Besides, people want a challenge? They'll have Dusknoir combined with sufficiently good AI. That and Dusknoir compensates for Shedinja.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd July 2011 at 09:23 AM.

Blog Entries

^You have a point. I think they should all get teams of five powerful pokémon around level 55, none of which are not completely evolved. Make the Elite Four a damned hard challenge, like Sinnoh's. Everytime I play Platinum, I still lose about ten times to Aaron before I can finally defeat him. The Elite Four should be really hard to beat.

Blog Entries

@Psystrike: It's only because Dusknoir is not in Hoenn Dex. And Regice would make a total of 4 pokemon for Glacia from Hoenn Dex while avoiding dublicates without giving her too weak pokemon.

Blog Entries

@Psystrike: It's only because Dusknoir is not in Hoenn Dex. And Regice would make a total of 4 pokemon for Glacia from Hoenn Dex while avoiding dublicates without giving her too weak pokemon.
    I suggested Glaceon too, which wasn't in the Hoenn dex, and we've seen Game Freak is more than willing to change Pokédex numbers. They rearranged the Johto-dex to include new evolutions, they'll probably do that for Hoenn as well. While they're at it, I'd also add in Eevee because its basically in every game except RSE and gives Glacia a much needed fourth member (she only really had two unique ones in RSE).
    Quote Originally Posted by apenpaap View Post
    ^You have a point. I think they should all get teams of five powerful pokémon around level 55, none of which are not completely evolved. Make the Elite Four a damned hard challenge, like Sinnoh's. Everytime I play Platinum, I still lose about ten times to Aaron before I can finally defeat him. The Elite Four should be really hard to beat.
    A single duplicate may be fine, but I don't really see the point in doubling up if the Pokemon is weak. NFE's are most often weak in comparison to their evolutions. The only NFE that seemed worth using was Shelgon because of its more defensive spread than Salamence, but other than that, the NFE's the Elite 4 would use are nowhere near close to a challenge. I'd much rather have fully-evolved than NFE's. After all, what kind of Elite 4 can't even make their Pokemon fully evolve? At least the four-member limit can be attributed to ceremonial procedures of the League.

Remember, its quality, not quantity that makes a good team. What they need isn't really higher levels or more Pokemon, but better AI. The higher levels is just something else to overcome.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd July 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Blog Entries

@Psystrike: They did? I thought you couldn't get the Pokemon before getting National Pokedex.

Blog Entries

@Psystrike: They did? I thought you couldn't get the Pokemon before getting National Pokedex.

Old
    | New

They added the ones who were related to old Pokemon that evolved via level-up moves. For the sake of building a better team, I think they should add all the new evolutions of Pokemon that first appeared in Hoenn (plus Eeveelutions)

Blog Entries

It actually mentions that Glacia came from "another region" to come train her ice types, so they could really load her up on foreign pokemon if they wanted. Keep Glalie and Walrein from her original team, and then give her Froslass and two out of Glaceon, Abomasnow, Mamoswine, or even Ice Rotom. The Unova Ice types are essentially non-threatening, so while they would be cool, it would make her a lame challenge.

My picks: Glalie/Walrein/Froslass/Mamoswine/Ice Rotom

Blog Entries

^I think Glacia would be awesome with a foreign Ice-type team. Though personally I'd go for Glaceon or Obamasnow instead of Ice Rotom.

Blog Entries

Really? I never knew she was from another region.

I'd think that unless she is from Unova, it doesn't make any sense for her to have any from there, so yeah, Glaceon and Abomasnow.

Blog Entries

I only included Ice Rotom for type variety with electric attacks... Abomasnow does seem to be more overall threatening, plus it gets stuff like Focus Blast and Wood Hammer, so it's probably the better choice

Phoebe:
    -Sableye
    -Banette
    -Banette
    -Dusklops
    -Dusknoir
    Glacia:
    -Sealeo
    -Sealeo
    -Glalie
    -Froslass
    -Walrein
    I wouldn't have any problems with teams like this. :/
    Shedinja is a forced addition as this Pokemon doesn't have much common with true
    ghosts and it's just its secondary type. It's just like giving flying-type leaders Mantine.